The Breast Feeding Support Thread - Page 286 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-03-2015, 10:48   #4276
veggie newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandr10 View Post
Yeah I lnow what you mean. You try now even if you're breastfeeding getting your partner to take her and wind/settle her after the feed. No harm to let him find his own ways of doing things. I think that's a big part of it really is letting go of the idea that that's the only way she'll go asleep. Other people will be able to settle her it'll just take time for them to figure out what works. Hope that makes sense. I do remember it being s big concern of mine a few months back. Then my mam managed to get her asleep on the living room floor so I stopped worrying
Omg sooooo true, any time my other half takes her, I cant help butting in with 'try this, that and t'other.'.. Or, telling him what she does/doesn't like.... Then if he doesn't listrn, I just want to take her back to comfort her even though it was me who asked him to take her in the first place! I def need to let go & let him find his way, hard as it is. Good advice, thank you! Seems so obvious but sometimes I guess we just need to be told! Thank you!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
21-03-2015, 18:41   #4277
Marz66

Edited-wrong thread sorry!

While im here, I am the one who settles baby to sleep here. Do you wait until you need to be away before dad learns his own way to settle, or do you let dad figure out his own way now so you are prepared and can share bedtime routine?

I don't feed to sleep (cos baby is still awake now after feeds) but BF still comes into the routine when bubs looks for it.

Last edited by Marz66; 21-03-2015 at 18:45.
21-03-2015, 19:13   #4278
Fagashlil

Daddy's always done the settling here! I'd a section and burst my stitches after a week, so I used to just feed and he'd do everything else, now he only sees baba for an hour in the evening so bedtime is their thing, I left them to figure it out.
21-03-2015, 22:46   #4279
Marz66

That sounds like a nice way of doing things fagashlil!
Thanks from:
22-03-2015, 20:44   #4280
Fagashlil

Freezing milk

Have started pumping again, pud is 22 weeks tomorrow so want to start a stash for mixing with his food. Pumped 3oz yesterday evening after his bedtime feed, asked hubby to put it in the fridge, and he left it in the fridge door, I only realised this morning when I went to add to it and freeze it. Is it still ok to freeze milk that's been stored in the door?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion