Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Perhaps she was or maybe I'm an idiot and should have asked her would she like to meet. Oh well.

So what are you waiting for? Ask her out for sometime during the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I've been a member of OKC and POF for a few weeks and haven't really had much luck. Was contacted by someone I thought was really interesting, pretty and actually laughed out loud at some of the stuff she said but think I maybe left it too long with the whole chat online thing. I really do not know how to do this! When she asked me did I have any plans for the weekend, I presumed she was being polite. Perhaps she was or maybe I'm an idiot and should have asked her would she like to meet. Oh well.

Ask her out man!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

So what do I do now? stick around the thread as an observer? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

zuroph wrote: »
    So what do I do now? stick around the thread as an observer? :D
    Nope we troll to annoy Otis and Panthro :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

/Glowers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

/Glowers
    Mwah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

den87 wrote: »
    Quick question for ye guys and gals- How long were ye on one of the dating sites before ye went on yer first date??

It depends on where you are, last time (When I was in Cork) I got my first date within a week or two, and used to go on them pretty regularly, this time round, I'm back in Kerry. It's been about three months and I have probably only been even talking to two or three girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

had date planned tonight she cancelled least i didnt get stood up, kind of glad as not sure i was that interested anyway, but think her excuse was bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

After re-activating m OKC account is it just me or do half the girls' profiles seem to go out of their way to tell you how much they get hit on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

chatting to a girl for the past 2 weeks on a social network sorta dating site. go to the same college, have pics up.

She said she seen me in college one day and that I was a cutie, then agreed to meet up in a club. when i seen her in the club she said i wasn't the one she seen in college.

she then went to the toilet after a bit of a chat and came back saying she had to go cos her friend was sick, then she gave me a pity shift.

Wasn't really into the girl but still, bad for the confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Samich wrote: »
    chatting to a girl for the past 2 weeks on a social network sorta dating site. go to the same college, have pics up.

She said she seen me in college one day and that I was a cutie, then agreed to meet up in a club. when i seen her in the club she said i wasn't the one she seen in college.

she then went to the toilet after a bit of a chat and came back saying she had to go cos her friend was sick, then she gave me a pity shift.

Wasn't really into the girl but still, bad for the confidence.

Oh dear Thats a let down, however on the bright side, you got the shift!!!

eilo1 wrote: »
    Oh dear Thats a let down, however on the bright side, you got the shift!!!

I did, increased my shift count by 50% :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Haven't posted here for a bit. Chatting to a guy on, okcupid and have arranged a datefor monday night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Larianne wrote: »
    Ask her out man!

Think I may have missed the opportunity if there was one as she hasn't replied to the last message I sent earlier in the week. I'll just continue to be a coward and wait and see if she drops me another message first and then just ask.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

I'm doing good at the moment chatting to five girls at the present time. :DThey're all beautiful but there's one who's really sweet and is putting a real effort into her messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Just got one of the worst messages tonight :D It simply said "chat me", Brilliant.....nothing could hold me back from messaging back such a well thought out mail!

oh also forgot to add after the end of the night started a convo with a girl in a chipper, she was absolutely gorgeous. She was pretty drunk but she laughed at one of my jokes :P Only chatted for about 5/10 mins but she gave me a hug when she was going and called me a gent :P I like chatting to nice people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

fist date with a new girl tonight! We've been getting on really well in the emails so I hope it goes well in person.
    I think i'll have another one with a different girl later on in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

finipops wrote: »
    I'm doing good at the moment chatting to five girls at the present time. :DThey're all beautiful but there's one who's really sweet and is putting a real effort into her messages.

Show off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

oh also forgot to add after the end of the night started a convo with a girl in a chipper, she was absolutely gorgeous. She was pretty drunk but she laughed at one of my jokes :P Only chatted for about 5/10 mins but she gave me a hug when she was going and called me a gent :P I like chatting to nice people :)
    Boost the confidence back up ;)

nice end to a night. probably very good for your confidence after the date.

OKC seems a lot busier than it was 4 months ago. Seems to be a lot more people on now. I'm getting loads of mail. Or maybe I just appear new/novelty?
    It's all very exciting :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Right now Mr. you went on a date, got the shift and dont have to see her again, then on the way home you got a chipper and as if that is not enough winning you met a lovely girl who complimented you and gave you a hug.

Get outta here with your moaning! Some of us are truly tragic, you sir are not!

eilo1 wrote: »
    Right now Mr. you went on a date, got the shift and dont have to see her again, then on the way home you got a chipper and as if that is not enough winning you met a lovely girl who complimented you and gave you a hug.

Get outta here with your moaning! Some of us are truly tragic, you sir are not!

The first one wasn't a date :P Just an agreement to meet out :P

But ya, chatting to that girl was good. She was so gorgeous too, 3 years older, and she was doing a masters.

Not drinking would be an advantage in this instance I suppose, just meeting nice people is nice :D

Just has a very nice chat on OKC. Good way to spend a lazy Sunday.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Just has a very nice chat on OKC. Good way to spend a lazy Sunday.

how do you find chat? I've never really found it easy to do when I hardly know the girl.

uglyjohn wrote: »
    how do you find chat? I've never really found it easy to do when I hardly know the girl.

Poor choice of words on my part - it wasnt actually via the chat function, just lots of back n forth mailing. I wouldnt use the chat feature unless we had mailed quite a bit and were getting along very well.
    I find it easy to use though once youve gotten the 'what films and music do you like?' mails out of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Think I may have missed the opportunity if there was one as she hasn't replied to the last message I sent earlier in the week. I'll just continue to be a coward and wait and see if she drops me another message first and then just ask.

Stop that cowardness right there!

What is the harm of sending a message seeing if she's free sometime during the week for a festive beverage (I recommend hot port!)? You've been getting on okay, right? Just remember it is the week before Christmas so she may well be busy..

• Advertisement

Speaking of IM chat I'm scheduled for one with said nice girl from earlier tonight...

OH NOES RUN!!!! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement