Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have confidence in Brian Cowen?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

It is great for Labour,Fine Gael and even Sinn Fein that he is sticking around as they will gain more support but the longterm damage is far more important,the country is already fcuked beyond repair, who can fix this mess if it even can be fix.
    The electorate has to take the blame too - they were the ones who gave Fianna Failure the keys to the kingdom. If you vote for corrupt morons, you can't expect miracles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Anyone who was watching the press conference with Cowen, in which he said he was staying on, would have seen that he'll be doing a vote of confidence soon. So I thought I would do a boards.ie vote of confidence so. Do you have confidence in Brian Cowen?

Cowen is a disgrace to the land of Ireland, and has zero charm (and looks :p)

He should leave ASAP and run a pub in offaly somewhere, it would suit him more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Sorry don't play bogball nor come from Offaly Just some one who is totally raging she never put money on this :( Nostradamus has not got a patch on me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

gcgirl wrote: »
    Sorry don't play bogball nor come from Offaly Just some one who is totally raging she never put money on this :( Nostradamus has not got a patch on me !

I think i am in love :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I would rather Robert Mugabe be our Taoiseach at this stage.

• Advertisement

Cowen is a disgrace to the land of Ireland, and has zero charm (and looks :p)

He should leave ASAP and run a pub in offaly somwhere, it would suit him more

Would love to see his business plan for that pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

INVADE O-FF-ALY - HOLD IT FOR RANSOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 marcanthony1

Larianne wrote: »
    They're all a bunch of effin cowboys! :mad:

True Larianne, very true.

And the Irish Electorate voted Fianna Fail back into power even when its leader Bertie was answering questions (or not!) at the Planning Tribunals in Dublin Castle.

"Cutehurism" and "Skullduggery" have been seen as attractive features of election candidates in this small island for several decades.

Not so funny now, we are in the control of the IMF. Except the defaulting developers and bankers have been let away free by their friends in power to enjoy the wealth and the rest of us PAYE employees are paying the price in this new tax....

M

Let's take one simple thing the early childcare allowance they rather throw money at a proplem then try fix the problem of expensive childcare whereas if you look at France my brother is in Lyon he has 2 kids which can be sent to a state run childcare facility so he and his partner can work, remember what Ahern said of the economists who fore told of the crash in 06 if everyone believed that they would commit suicide,
    Because he didn't make people take out full morgages on houses they realistically could not afford.
    Because he didn't make us live beyond our means.

Oh everybody loved FF when they were raising the social welfare, when they weren't rising the price of a pint, when they were handing out medical cards to everybody in sundry.

Do you remember though, the outrage from FG? They claimed the social welfare wasn't raised enough. There wasn't enough given to XYZ.
    They didn't say "Hold on now, we really should be tightening our belts".

Its easy to point the finger after the crap has hit the fan, isn't it?

And I personally have no faith in opposition whose sole mission is to shout down and ridicule the leader of the country.

You know what -- I can't wait til FG or Labour get into government. Just to watch them **** up, and fail. Because this is global. There ain't a thing they will be realistically able to do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

the man could burn water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

I would have complete trust in biffo to cut some turf, or create a flask of tae. Anything else would be treasonous

bungler wrote: »
    Would love to see his business plan for that pub.

a 10 year plan :)

just guinness for customers

The reason social welfare was raised was to do with the rise of the cost of living gas esb all rose durning the Celtic tiger days and to say the cost of living is at even 2006 levels is government pushed bull crap

raymon wrote: »
    I would have complete trust in biffo to cut some turf, or create a flask of tae. Anything else would be treasonous

i dont think he can drive even, he would be a modified drivers seat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

The electorate has to take the blame too - they were the ones who gave Fianna Failure the keys to the kingdom. If you vote for corrupt morons, you can't expect miracles.

I voted for Labour in the last two elections,wouldn't even tick the box for Fianna Fail incase they got my vote as a second,third etc prefrence. I don't expect miracles, the nature of politics is corruption,I just expect those who fail to FCUK OFF,not really much to ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

No.

I want FF out.simple as.shambles of a party!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

no confidence in fianna fail

One thing I think is funny whenever the government use Lehman as an excuse :) 10% in the election would be a complete blow for FF I'm loving it like jt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭amacca

punchdrunk wrote: »
    the man could burn water.

eh...does it hurt when he pees?

• Advertisement

gcgirl wrote: »
    One thing I think is funny whenever the government use Lehman as an excuse :) 10% in the election would be a complete blow for FF I'm loving it like jt

Its holding steady at 9.49% currently

the recovery is in sight, the worst is over!

the crash just got less crashier and the bust less bustier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

amacca wrote: »
    Its holding steady at 9.49% currently

the recovery is in sight, the worst is over!

the crash just got less crashier and the bust less bustier.

Does enda have some magic,****ing wand I didn't hear about???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

I would normally vote but seeing as a mod changed a poll in another thread here what's the point, how can it have any credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Who the pissering feck is voting yes?
    cannot say ye or nay, as i have lost confidence in all parties

punchdrunk wrote: »
    Does enda have some magic,****ing wand I didn't hear about???

yes, among his many accomplishments in life is the fact that he is an award winning magician

he is also good at conducting interviews in front of shelves of impressive looking books - no doubt on the dark arts of witchcraft or irish politics or something.

up to 12%+ what did I tells ya...if it wasnt for the Lehmans it would have all been grand so it would

a jaysus back down to 9.83%...cmon biffo ya sexy beast of a man! grrrrr raarr, youre a tiger yeah baby yeah a celtic tiger, smile for the camera, now pout! retract those claws yeah!

9.77% nobody could have seen the international crisis coming so they couldnt?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

The only "logic" I can see in his wanting to remain leader is that he wants to redeem himself and do some good so that he doesn't go down in the annals of History as the worst Irish Taoiseach of all time.
    I'd have more confidence in Enda than him. That's saying something!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Alessandra wrote: »
    The only "logic" I can see in his wanting to remain leader is that he wants to redeem himself and do some good so that he doesn't go down in the annals of History as the worst Irish Taoiseach of all time.
    I'd have more confidence in Enda than him. That's saying something!

Who will replace him as leader of FF though? Personally I don't really care, and I'm sure most on here don't.. but look at how his colleagues have not chosen to oust him. FF in its entirety are proving themselves to be absolutely spineless in all of this. Honestly, if they themselves can not envisage a brighter future without Cowen then I'm at a loss to see how it would benefit anyone else if he were to stand down. Absurd as it is, he's the only one showing any conviction at the minute within the party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Has the FF web site got a forum or suggestions box? Maybe we could all go there and crash the site or at least let our opinions be aired as in a big FCUK OFF FIANNA FAIL WE'RE ALL SH!T SICK OF YOUS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Nope. The man's a completely uninspiring dullard.

And who are the 20 who said yes, and how the hell did they get access to the Internet?

Advertisement