Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have confidence in Brian Cowen?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Larianne wrote: »
    If/when Cowen goes, who will take his place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

...when they were handing out medical cards to everybody in sundry.

Where's sundry? Sounds like a great place.

And you can't wait for the next government to fail? Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭amacca

bungler wrote: »
    I cant understand why people have confidence in him can one of you tell me why you voted yes?

I was trying to skew the results of the "poll" slightly to elicit just such a response

Someone puts up a poll on boards minutes after Cowen declares a motion of confidence in himself after the most disastrous term in office of any ff leader ever

the outcome is a foregone conclusion here and indeed probably everywhere, might as well entertain myself if no one else.

go on admit it...you think hes a bit of a ride dont ya!

bonerm wrote: »

If it can power a nuclear power plant then surely it should be able to run a country. I mean the theory is sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

at least he appears to be only immensely stupid not corrupt like the last gobs**te

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I'm confident we have 11 fools on our hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Because he didn't make people take out full morgages on houses they realistically could not afford.
    Because he didn't make us live beyond our means.

Oh everybody loved FF when they were raising the social welfare, when they weren't rising the price of a pint, when they were handing out medical cards to everybody in sundry.

Do you remember though, the outrage from FG? They claimed the social welfare wasn't raised enough. There wasn't enough given to XYZ.
    They didn't say "Hold on now, we really should be tightening our belts".

Its easy to point the finger after the crap has hit the fan, isn't it?

And I personally have no faith in opposition whose sole mission is to shout down and ridicule the leader of the country.

You know what -- I can't wait til FG or Labour get into government. Just to watch them **** up, and fail. Because this is global. There ain't a thing they will be realistically able to do better.

Actually your right, i know have full confidence in the man running our country who cant even comb his fcukin hair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

at least he appears to be only immensely stupid not corrupt like the last gobs**te

Is that any better? Incompetence over corruption? The end result's the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

All Biffo is doing is covering up for his Anglo buddies.
    None of these b stards will go to jail even though they broke the country at a time when the ordinary person is being thrown on the street by the very banks that we have bailed out!

gcgirl wrote: »
    I'm confident we have 11 fools on our hands

You can put your hands on me any day baby.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

11 people had their road fixed by Cowen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Larianne wrote: »
    If/when Cowen goes, who will take his place?

jedward !

The government were foolish how do you think the won back to back elections by giveaway budgets and inflating our already artificial property bubble, you cannot run a country purly on stamp duty ala McCreevy/Ahern the Fookwitts did then cowen the lenihan is left to clean up after the fools I could go on and on and on ;)

amacca wrote: »
    You can put your hands on me any day baby.

Lol boobs only please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

12 B(W)ankers have voted so far,who the fcuk still supports this guy,I bet your all Liverpool fans also thinking if we stick with him the glory days will return,wake up people this man and his friends don't want to help they want to hurt,and they will continue as long as lunatics like you allow them to.

Lol boobs only please

moobs ok? or are you saying I can reciprocate?

mmmmmmmmmmmm reciprocation!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Anyone who was watching the press conference with Cowen, in which he said he was staying on, would have seen that he'll be doing a vote of confidence soon. So I thought I would do a boards.ie vote of confidence so. Do you have confidence in Brian Cowen?

No.
    But if the choice is Brian Cowen or Enda Kenny.... :(

Lol boobs only please

Can gcgirl not be the new leader?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Shenshen wrote: »
    No.
    But if the choice is Brian Cowen or Enda Kenny.... :(

They're the only choices? Didn't know Ireland had a two-party system.

I am your leader bow to me :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

No.

I've never had confidence in that man

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Millicent wrote: »

It doesn't, but how much of a chance do the other parties stand to gain a majority?
    And truth be told, I can't think of any party leader I currently would have any amount of confidence in. Sad, really.

I'd settle for FF getting 12 % in the election :)

Millicent wrote: »

very true, lets get somebody of boards to run for taoiseach and get every member of boardsto vote for them,it's a winner:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

I have confidence in him to destroy the economy, bail out the developers and bankers and screw the tax payer for the priveledge.

On the positive side it looks like he is gonna destroy FF too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Because he didn't make people take out full morgages on houses they realistically could not afford.
    Because he didn't make us live beyond our means.

Oh everybody loved FF when they were raising the social welfare, when they weren't rising the price of a pint, when they were handing out medical cards to everybody in sundry.

Do you remember though, the outrage from FG? They claimed the social welfare wasn't raised enough. There wasn't enough given to XYZ.
    They didn't say "Hold on now, we really should be tightening our belts".

Its easy to point the finger after the crap has hit the fan, isn't it?

And I personally have no faith in opposition whose sole mission is to shout down and ridicule the leader of the country.

You know what -- I can't wait til FG or Labour get into government. Just to watch them **** up, and fail. Because this is global. There ain't a thing they will be realistically able to do better.
    Either through corruption, incompetence or both, they bankrupted the country by stoking the bubble, appointing a vegetable to regulate the banks, not bothering to check that the vegetable was doing anything, allowing the banks to run mad, then guaranteeing the debts of the mad banks with taxpayers money.

Cowen has been Taoiseach or finance minister for the last 6 years. The country is now bust. How do you think Fianna Failure and Cowen did?

Either through corruption, incompetence or both, they bankrupted the country by stoking the bubble, appointing a vegetable to regulate the banks, not bothering to check that the vegetable was doing anything, allowing the banks to run mad, then guaranteeing the debts of the mad banks with taxpayers money.

Cowen has been Taoiseach or finance minister for the last 6 years. The country is now bust. How do you think Fianna Failure and Cowen did?

about as good as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

meh... don't even think it matters who is our "leader" at this stage, all politicians are liars and shills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

It is great for Labour,Fine Gael and even Sinn Fein that he is sticking around as they will gain more support but the longterm damage is far more important,the country is already fcuked beyond repair, who can fix this mess if it even can be fix.

• Advertisement

I am your leader bow to me :)

You had me at "I"

now just tell me you play ladies inter county football for Offaly and try to work the phrase "going forward" into your speeches and I will follow unquestioningly despite any atrocities or economic treason you may be responsible for.

Advertisement