Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** LC accounting 2014 - predictions , discussion, etc **

Options
  • 11-04-2014 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

What do you think will come up as question 6 and 7 on the exam?

What topics will come up as 100 markers? 174 votes

Incomplete
    0%
    Farm
    8%
    Louiseh714JC2011girlShaneMc2012A7XGirlGlass Prison 1214d1234ExoMeganBDelightfully Brighttopbrandchelliam1Nof121gclaireconor1508 14 votes
    Service
    4%
    A7XGirlAndrewmcmahonMightyMandarind1234topbrandCmsrSaskatchewan 7 votes
    Club
    24%
    Plumellarobman60stevemanuLouiseh714JC2011girlconor7129walsh85ShaneMc2012A7XGirlPoliana.xokev44SoundInfluenced1234sinead18ExoMeganBmattiekavCalvinShanemac28pixiedustx 42 votes
    Suspense
    12%
    jwcurtinrichardh330Osmosis JonesLouiseh714JC2011girlShaneMc2012EmeraldIlserA7XGirlSneggMightyMandarind1234MeganBbadger96Isitthough?maigheo2014gclairegalpal123conor1508Nema123lolaimeeconnolly 22 votes
    Tabular
    32%
    matthew8jwcurtinPlumellarobman60richardh330stevemanuJC2011girlflump_masterconor7129walsh85A7XGirlAndrewmcmahonPoliana.xoSneggGlass Prison 1214d1234Lara_15sinead18Exomattiekav 56 votes
    Cashflow
    6%
    jwcurtinrichardh330flump_masterA7XGirld1234topbrandchelliam1T0001Isitthough?GalwayCovers1gclaireconor1508 12 votes
    Published
    12%
    matthew8robman60Osmosis Jonesconor7129brijayEmeraldIlserA7XGirlkev44d1234Lara_15ExoCalvinlee711topbrandchelliam1Jones82LoveLampsconor1508sallycoolgalExpensiveClock 21 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Published
    Suspense (very high chance) then the other question will be either cash flow or service I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nancy..

any predictions for this years accounting paper|(higher level)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Andrewmcmahon

Tabular
    Q2 published (possibly revaluation)
    Q3 control account
    Q4 cash flow
    Q6 farm (first time as 100 marker. Q6 is tough to predict this year)
    Q7 suspense
    Q8 Marginal + small bit absorption (like 2006)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Tabular
    Judging by previous exams this year, suspense could appear in section 1 and cash flow in section 2

• Registered Users Posts: 20 scallway

I won't even be surprised if we get a manufacturing question 1 because all the exams have been so unpredictable this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Delightfully Bright

Tabular
    They wouldn't be completely evil this year and not put ratios up... Would they?

Any predictions on d accounts that may come up this year! please! Im fricking out !!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Jones82

Published
    They wouldn't be completely evil this year and not put ratios up... Would they?

No, ratios are always Q5, it won't change.. I just try to avoid ratios though, quite unpredictable and marked very hard :/

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Jones82

Published
    Wait, is there actually a chance of a farm account coming up? We didn't do any of those.. Are they similar to service / club accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

Tabular
    scallway wrote: »
    I won't even be surprised if we get a manufacturing question 1 because all the exams have been so unpredictable this year

I don't intend on doing q1, but that would be terrible. I wouldn't rule out company though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

Cashflow
    Jones82 wrote: »
    Wait, is there actually a chance of a farm account coming up? We didn't do any of those.. Are they similar to service / club accounts?

Yeah Like very similar except you spilt the stocks up things like that just look at one question and solution and you'de be able to give it a good go if it comes up

Cashflow
    scallway wrote: »

If it was Manufacturing Id just do the 2 questions from section 1 Even though we never did it like that before:pac:

What about Q9? Production budget and flexible ??

For Q1 would it be okay if i just learn company and soletrader

Cashflow
    nancy.. wrote: »

Havnt done manufacturing either I was told that the notes are similar so you would be able to pass even better if your good at the ques ones just look over one maybe.

Cashflow
    You know departmental can also come up as a Q1 its never come up before but it has been able to come as a ques one all these years :/ but If they did that the accounting peeps will cause riots and we don't want that now do we SEC?

We never did departmental accounts before so im not bothered about them. For section2 would suspense , incompleteB ,servive and cashflow be grand to learn?

Cashflow
    We never did departmental accounts before so im not bothered about them. For section2 would suspense , incompleteB ,servive and cashflow be grand to learn?

And club 100mark club hasnt come up since 2011 service came up in 2012 so club might be more likely tbh plus tabular may also come up hasnt been on since 2011 either..Maybe do Ratio lightly just in case?

Ratios and i are dont get along! Dont like em. is suspense likely to come up? For Q9 is production + flexible grand?

Cashflow
    Ratios and i are dont get along! Dont like em. is suspense likely to come up? For Q9 is production + flexible grand?

Yeah suspense is very likely id be surprised not to see it...Your really taking risks here arnt you:P Well I never take risks with Q9 that ones really random cause they mix them like last year it was a cash mixed with production 2009 it was a flex mixed with production so there really isnt telling for it. Judging from the mocks Id say production is likely and flex so yes You will be ok with that but just print off like 2 cash questions even just type A's cause theyre more likely and see where some of the numbers are coming from dont even practice them if you dont have the time or whatever but Look at them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Published
    What I'm studying are Control accounts (already know), Suspense, Service, Farm, Club, Reval, Marginal, Flexible, Cash, Production and Cash flow. Praying the cash flow comes up as a 60m!

Ideal paper would be:
    60m- control, cash flow, reval
    100m - service and suspense
    80m- marginal and production

Thanks! Accounting is hard enough to predict i just it all goes well .

• Registered Users Posts: 16 stevemanu

Tabular
    Hey guys. You know in Suspense sometimes you introduce capital into company to pay off a company debt. Isn't there a case when you offer a private discount and there is no entry made in the discount account ? The capital introduced and the debt are not equal obviously. I remember my teacher mentioning this a while back !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭flump_master

Cashflow
    [PQUOTE=stevemanu;90806261]Hey guys. You know in Suspense sometimes you introduce capital into company to pay off a company debt. Isn't there a case when you offer a private discount and there is no entry made in the discount account ? The capital introduced and the debt are not equal obviously. I remember my teacher mentioning this a while back ![/QUOTE]

If the private debt is larger than the business debt the discount is absorbed by the owner and no entry is made. But in every case since 1994 the business debt has been larger. If it's a case of no discount you just make an entry in capital/drawings and debtors/creditors account for the amount of the business debt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MeganB

Suspense

That is exactly what I'm doing :D I personally think company will come up though :/ Sole Trader is way to obvious!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Delightfully Bright

Tabular
    MeganB wrote: »
    That is exactly what I'm doing :D I personally think company will come up though :/ Sole Trader is way to obvious!

Although if the SEC don't put sole trader up this year it will be even more obvious for next year.

MeganB wrote: »

Yeah same i think company will come up. what are doing for srction 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jellytots95

Tabular
    And club 100mark club hasnt come up since 2011 service came up in 2012 so club might be more likely tbh plus tabular may also come up hasnt been on since 2011 either..Maybe do Ratio lightly just in case?

Club and tabular were both up last year at 60s though? Do you really think theyll put club on two years in a row? Theyve never done that have they? Not as far back as 1990 anyway!
    Q2 published (possibly revaluation)
    Q3 control account
    Q4 cash flow
    Q6 farm (first time as 100 marker. Q6 is tough to predict this year)
    Q7 suspense
    Q8 Marginal + small bit absorption (like 2006)

Ive never done a 100 marker farm! I havent even looked at the 60 markers :/

• Registered Users Posts: 16 stevemanu

Tabular
    We get an already ruled sheet if Tabular comes up right ?

• Advertisement

Cashflow
    stevemanu wrote: »
    We get an already ruled sheet if Tabular comes up right ?

Im told we do yes theyre booklets like remember in JC was like record books 1-3. thank god;)

Advertisement