Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M9 motorway (general thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Bards wrote: »
    The section that will be closed later this month was constructed by Sisk and Roadbridge. the other contracter was Ascon now Bam whi did the Carlow Bypass and Waterford to Knocktopher

What a joke, the full motorway should of had one tender.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Any update on the rest stop in Kildare been constructed? I passed it yesterday, nothing happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Isn't this one in the courts like Gorey?

Is it? For what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Bards

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    What a joke, the full motorway should of had one tender.

Dont think any of the MIU's were built by any one construction company, they were all broken into multiple sections and each one tendered for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Bards wrote: »
    Dont think any of the MIU's were built by any one construction company, they were all broken into multiple sections and each one tendered for.

Probably and increase the costs more I expect.
    Isn't this one in the courts like Gorey?

Aren't AppleGreen at anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Anyone know if/when they are going to repair the dips that have formed (again) on the bridges between Kilkenny and Carlow?

Looks like the new one that has formed is getting worse, I see they put some cones near it in the hard shoulder recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Why is the J9-10 section being closed for 2-3 days this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Why is the J9-10 section being closed for 2-3 days this week?

Oh that's for the car boot sale they're going having

• Advertisement

D Trent wrote: »
    Oh that's for the car boot sale they're going having

What?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

NRA say renewing the studs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Is it my imagination or has the M9 been closed off in sections more times than any other road due to problems with the surfacing?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or has the M9 been closed off in sections more times than any other road due to problems with the surfacing?

I'm pretty certain it has been. As long as its all being done under warranty...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Not your imagination at all! I don't think there's any section that hasn't escaped closure for various periods of time since it opened. It's doubly frustrating as much of the old N9 is so inadequate for diversions especially with the increased traffic volumes since the M9 came on stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Am I right that these closures seem to be 8pm to7am, i.e. Overnight?

That's extremely civilised, if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭patrickc

The Applegreen station just off Paulstown opened today.

looks a fine job from the road beside it:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

patrickc wrote: »
    The Applegreen station just off Paulstown opened today.

looks a fine job from the road beside it:)

Does it have a Burger King, Costa Coffee and all the other trimmings of an MSA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

From a press release in Sept it was proposed to have all of the above ...

http://www.newstalk.com/Jobs-Kilkenny-Applegreen-service-area-Junction-7-M9-Paulstown

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Ya burgerking, costa coffee, subway and deli. Still some building works gojng on but looks vrry impressive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Ya burgerking, costa coffee, subway and deli. Still some building works gojng on but looks vrry impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

Just looking at the M9 on maps. Seems inefficient the way that both the M7 and M9 have a bridge over the Liffey near Newbridge.

Most railways/roads dont split until after the crossing. Anyone up on their history of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

Has anyone else noticed that the subsidence outside Kilkenny on the northbound lane has returned? Each lane was closed off a few years ago to remedy this at the exact spot where it is occurring again. I hope that this too will be sorted under warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

fg1406 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that the subsidence outside Kilkenny on the northbound lane has returned? Each lane was closed off a few years ago to remedy this at the exact spot where it is occurring again. I hope that this too will be sorted under warranty

Yup, if you read back a few posts I mentioned this 7 months ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

PaulKK wrote: »
    Yup, if you read back a few posts I mentioned this 7 months ago :)

Ditto, and I'll raise you four months;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95581438&postcount=425

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Anyone got any idea what they're doing just before the Mullinavat exit (J11) northbound? It looks like they're putting in some sort of camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

fricatus wrote: »
    Anyone got any idea what they're doing just before the Mullinavat exit (J11) northbound? It looks like they're putting in some sort of camera.

i dont go that far but if it looks like a camera its probably a weather station, one that the NRA use.

https://www.nratraffic.ie/weather/

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

rameire wrote: »
    i dont go that far but if it looks like a camera its probably a weather station, one that the NRA use.

https://www.nratraffic.ie/weather/

I've had a few more chances to look at it over the past few days, and I reckon you're right. There is what looks like a camera at the top, but there are other instruments underneath which can only be temperature and wind gauges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

https://twitter.com/aaroadwatch/status/766160945857060864
    M9 closed from 7pm to 7am southbound 24th to 26th August

Advertisement