Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    I really want that Cute. Really REALLY want that Cute. It's the first one I've seen for sale ever since I've had the room for one.

But jeez, parting with almost 2k after postage? Dont think I can bring myself to do it. It's one of those things where every time I'd look at it, I'd wince a little and think 'argh! 2K!' :pac:

Could just be my eyes but in the picture above it looks like there's some warping going on with the image top left. The player 1 heath bar seems to curve towards the top of the screen compared to the player 2 bar.

(Just in case you really were going to drop 2K on it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

For any Pokemon people, Pokemon White is in tesco for 15euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,487 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Check this out! Really rare snes game in Ireland, CIB, even with the cart plastic -

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Hagane-/271072165740?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_205&hash=item3f1d28ff6c#ht_500wt_1203

Last one sold for EUR 267.22

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I do have to wonder where these people are hiding with these stashes of rare stuff in Ireland! It's a small country with an even smaller group of retro (not retr0) fans so surely it's hard for these items to go un noticed apart from popping up for sale now and again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I like to think it's the same lot, being passed from collector-to-collector, 'til the point the inevitably realize that they'll never have time to finish all these games, and consequently repost them on classifieds. With a premium, of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Anyone know if these are genuine products. Not that its extremely cheap but I'm looking a new one to add to my collection.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150906466010?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Kolido wrote: »
    Anyone know if these are genuine products. Not that its extremely cheap but I'm looking a new one to add to my collection.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150906466010?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I heard recently of counter-feit dS Lite's doing the rounds on Adverts lately, so be wary

I stuck up a few Snes games there on adverts. Price is adjusted for advertsitus in some cases - http://www.adverts.ie/search/user-94789/status_active/type_all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

There is a vectrex in town, good nick, controller working perfect apart from screw on stick is missing, offered him 50€ he said no he seen them online for 500 and to make an offer, PM me if anyone wants to know where it is. I wasnt in the mood to barter with him :)

safetyboy wrote: »
    he said know he seen them online for 500

Sounds like bartering might be a waste of time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

In the spirit of Adverts I'll offer EnterNow €5 for all his Snes stuff, posted, and I'll pull out of the agreement 4 hours later....

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    In the spirit of Adverts I'll offer EnterNow €5 for all his Snes stuff, posted, and I'll pull out of the agreement 4 hours later....

I'll take it to PM if he accepts!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

€5 & a soggy bag of Tayto Smokey Bacon & we can talk.

It's specifically written into Adverts rules that soggy smokey bacon is an acceptable form of offer

EnterNow wrote: »
    I heard recently of counter-feit dS Lite's doing the rounds on Adverts lately, so be wary

It's more than likely a refurbished unit, you can pick them up from dealextreme for €50 shipped here:

http://dx.com/p/nintendo-ds-lite-portable-entertainment-console-white-refurbished-19508?item=5

I got a few over the last couple of years and genrally their ok, the outer case will ave been replaced along with a few other bits (screens/batterys etc) grand for a backup or for the kids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

What i wonder is how can 2 be sold with no offers:confused:

Sparks43 wrote: »
    What i wonder is how can 2 be sold with no offers:confused:

Listed elsewhere? Friend bought?

Boots and hacked-ports, no? Surprised he's not got a Famiclone going too, just for completion's sake. I've actually played the Mortal Kombat V boot he's got there, it's a hack of MK for the GB. You could literally beat the whole thing by just mashing the B button. That's, of course, if it could be beaten, it loops infinitely.

It's more than likely a refurbished unit, you can pick them up from dealextreme for €50 shipped here:

http://dx.com/p/nintendo-ds-lite-portable-entertainment-console-white-refurbished-19508?item=5

I got a few over the last couple of years and genrally their ok, the outer case will ave been replaced along with a few other bits (screens/batterys etc) grand for a backup or for the kids :)

Yes they are likely refurbished internals inside aftermarket replacement cases.

The cases and buttons etc tend to be lower quality and worse fit and finish. Plus you've no idea how much QC was done on the internals before leaving the factory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

must........................resist.................making................offer

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/retro-game-consoles-and-more/2173577

• Advertisement

must........................resist.................making................offer

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/retro-game-consoles-and-more/2173577

What was it? Ad was withdrawn.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    What was it? Ad was withdrawn.

It was newish-in-box Wonderswan, GBA and NGPC for 80, 60 and 60 (I think) respectively. Games too. I'm quite glad it got taken down,
    to be honest. I've got rent, bills, and food to deal with this week.

I wonder where it's gone. PM bid? Ebay?

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    It was newish-in-box Wonderswan, GBA and NGPC for 80, 60 and 60 (I think) respectively. Games too. I'm quite glad it got taken down,

Seeing as its Adverts, I'm willing to bet a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I didn't think the prices were that great to be honest.
    Maybe good for adverts but nothing special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

I thought when ads disappear like that it's because it was taken down by mods. A normal withdrawn advert should still be viewable.
    I could be wrong in that assumption though.

Steve SI wrote: »
    I didn't think the prices were that great to be honest.
    Maybe good for adverts but nothing special.

Perhaps not, but they were essentially new, which was enough to tempt me.

Were they all boxed? Prices actually sound decent for the normal mad sh1t you see on there.

Maybe one of the mods wanted them for him/herself and pulled the Ad. :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah my boxed Wonderswan Crystal was only about 30-40 euro I think, so definitely expensive (especially if it was an earlier model).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Yeah good prices for Adverts but you can get them on ebay and especially ebay Japan for less.
    Nice to be able to get them local though, so there is that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Steve SI wrote: »
    Nice to be able to get them local though, so there is that.

Not much of an advantage. I'd be much happier getting it from a japanese seller for cheaper since they never overcharge for postage, their postage is usually crazy fast and you can be more sure a japanese person would look after their stuff properly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement