Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fernando Torres

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

So there you have it, I hope you will all now agree that it wasn't his deep love of Liverpool nor the weight of a ridiculously high transfer fee on his shoulders that lead to his steady deterioration in form, it was simply due to the catastrophic mistake of cutting his hair, the source of all his power and skill.

Contrary to your beliefs I have evidence that supports the opposite...

Lucas Leiva .... Long hair = was shít hair cut = became great

Glen Johnson ..Long hair = was shít hair cut = became great

Andriy Veronin.Long hair = was shít hair cut = still shít

Andy Carroll . Long hair = is shít ] hair cut = who knows :confused:

..wait a minute - scrap that !:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Leiva wrote: »

Actually your both wrong.
    When he left, Liverpool FC demanded that he return his lucky rabbits foot, which when used on match days and combined with touching the "This is Anfield sign" but BEFORE Stevie G kissed him on the Left cheek whilst holding his Right elbow, was the true source of his power!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Add Messi to that list, since cutting his hair hes become double the player he used to be.

Same with Iniesta......well actually hes losing his more so then he got it cut. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Add Messi to that list, since cutting his hair hes become double the player he used to be.

Same with Iniesta......well actually hes losing his more so then he got it cut. :p

Add B3B3 too.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Add B3B3 too.

does he not fall under this category ?
    Long hair = was shít hair cut = still shít
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    You made a total balls of that post, cjmc

:)
    probably , i justed looked at the time i posted. had a few:o
    i do hope you get what i was trying to say ,namely that pool did overuse torres when he needed recovery, mostly because there was no other option on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

does he not fall under this category ?
    Long hair = was shít hair cut = still shít
    :D

NO.

Long hair/dreadlocks = World class, Hair Cut = Best player ever :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Another Champions League goal for "washed out" Torres. Chelsea looking good for qualification again.

Poor guy. If he'd stuck with Liverpool he wouldn't have any of that distraction and could focus on targeting the illustrious Europa League.

What has he done with his career...

quarryman wrote: »
    Another Champions League goal for "washed out" Torres. Chelsea looking good for qualification again.

Poor guy. If he'd stuck with Liverpool he wouldn't have any of that distraction and could focus on targeting the illustrious Europa League.

What has he done with his career...

Who are you quoting with the "washed out" comment or just being creative ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Neil3030 wrote: »
    There's deluded, and there's LFC. Honest to christ... :rolleyes:

Good man neil:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Who are you quoting with the "washed out" comment or just being creative ;)

Quoting this guy:

Continuing on from a discussion last night I think this deserves its own thread...

I think Torres time in the Premier League is quickly coming to an end as the guy looks miserable. It looks like he will never reach the heights and prolific goal scoring Chelsea wished for, as its coming on two years now and he has failed to hit any real form.

In his time at Liverpool his first 56 appearances gave him a goal total of 39 'vs' the 11 for Chelsea over the same amount of games to date.

He was never going to hit them figures again, even with the better players around him at Chelsea,but I don't think anyone imagined it would be so dismal.

The guy can still score (don't get me wrong) but for me it's a combination of the wrong move, wrong system and probably still a bit in love with LFC that has contributed to his demise.

I wouldn't mind having him back at Liverpool to see if we could spark something in him again, but at this stage its a risk that is way too pricey in our current state.

I hope for the fella that he gets out of the PL and maybe back to Spain asap as it like looking at an ex in a bad place.

God love him. Desperately clinging onto the hope that answer to the question "Is Torres and the Premier League done?"

.... is yes.

Bless.

Quoting this guy:

God love him. Desperately clinging onto the hope that answer to the question "Is Torres and the Premier League done?"

.... is yes.

Bless.

answer my question. where do I say (or anybody say) washed out?

and what are you fücking rattling on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

answer my question. where do I say (or anybody say) washed out?

and what are you fücking rattling on about?
    He seems to be trying to be sarcastic.

Fair play to Fernando.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

This. 100% this.

Liverpool fans say it because its what they want to believe. Fact is, he has won everything since he left Liverpool.

I'd say he's more than happy with his career move.

As a Liverpool fan I can confirm this is completely correct

Rolleyes x20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Quarryman, humour fail.

was that the act ?

Cringeworthy tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Some decent posts in this thread and then the LFC brigade arrived and not surprisingly the thread turns into a car crash.

Aw, hyper-defensiveness from the Liverpool faithful. Adorable.

Leiva, apologies. I must have interpreted the following wrongly:

I think Torres time in the Premier League is quickly coming to an end
    he will never reach the heights and prolific goal scoring
    he has failed to hit any real form
    effected his head.

You were indicating that he was the opposite of washed out? Ah, ye see, I didn't get that from "his time was at an end".

I guess the tears in my eyes reading the deluded part about "love with LFC" distracted me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Aw, hyper-defensiveness from the Liverpool faithful. Adorable.

Leiva, apologies. I must have interpreted the following wrongly:

You were indicating that he was the opposite of washed out? Ah, ye see, I didn't get that from "his time was at an end".

I guess the tears in my eyes reading the deluded part about "love with LFC" distracted me.

Do you think Torres has been a success at Chelsea, do you think he is happy with his form, do you think he looks half the player he was before he joined Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

niallo27 wrote: »
    Do you think Torres has been a success at Chelsea, do you think he is happy with his form, do you think he looks half the player he was before he joined Chelsea.

He's had success with Chelsea, which is what he moved for. Great move for him and Liverpool tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

RasTa wrote: »
    He's had success with Chelsea, which is what he moved for. Great move for him and Liverpool tbh

Yes but there is a difference between having success and being a success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I agree, football and the joy of it is firstly about personal glory. i guarentee most footballers are concerned with their performance first, and then the teams. So while torres has won stuff he never could have at liverpool, it doesnt mean that much because he's been on the periphery of the success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I agree, football and the joy of it is firstly about personal glory. i guarentee most footballers are concerned with their performance first, and then the teams. So while torres has won stuff he never could have at liverpool, it doesnt mean that much because he's been on the periphery of the success.
    Scoring the goal that knocked Barcelona out in the semi-final is hardly on the periphery of it. It was crucial and Chelsea would not have been in the final without that so I think he will have been very pleased with his input.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

eagle eye wrote: »
    Scoring the goal that knocked Barcelona out in the semi-final is hardly on the periphery of it. It was crucial and Chelsea would not have been in the final without that so I think he will have been very pleased with his input.

Wasn't that just the icing on the cake that night i.e they didn't really need his goal. And didn't he come on with 10 mins to go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Melion wrote: »
    Wasn't that just the icing on the cake that night i.e they didn't really need his goal. And didn't he come on with 10 mins to go?[/QUOTE]
    exactky, though its a squad game right?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

7 goals this season.. hes doing alright and will more than likely finish with 20+..

Its just become a sport in itself to analyse every touch Fernando has in a game and to criticise him when possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Melion wrote: »
    Wasn't that just the icing on the cake that night i.e they didn't really need his goal. And didn't he come on with 10 mins to go?

Considering Barca where winning 2-1 at the time then no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Read an article earlier that said that if you removed all of Torres' PL goals for Chelsea, they'd be two points worse off. He's not scoring important goals like openers, levelers or winners. He has been an unmitigated disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

eagle eye wrote: »

This is incorrect. They were going through on away goals anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Read an article earlier that said that if you removed all of Torres' PL goals for Chelsea, they'd be two points worse off. He's not scoring important goals like openers, levelers or winners. He has been an unmitigated disaster.

To say Torres's Chelsea goals this year only contributed to 2 points is very disengenuous. That is to say his goal against Arsenal was his only meaningful goal as that was the only game he scored where Chelsea won by only one goal.

But he scored the opener against Newcastle, the equaliser against Norwich and he scored to put Chelsea ahead against Reading with only 10 mins to go.

Just because Chelsea went on to win those games by more than one goal does not mean they weren't all vital.

Advertisement