Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game-week 13 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

IM looking at Forster to ddg. Decent fixtures up to the wildcard and only 3 goals conceded against Chelsea city and arsenal.

good about IMO and also being considered by myself
    it would also mean I have 3 united players so can't buy fellaini :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Have 2 free transfers this week Thinking of taking a 4 point hit and going

Tadic, Clyne, Naismith out
    Di Maria, Yun, Kane in.

Not full convinced on the Kane in for Naismith so Im going to wait and see whats the story with Naismiths injury.

I also have Naismith, Fabregas and Costa on 4 yellows which is another factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Arbitrary wrote: »

I'm considering Boyd or Wanyama, is there anyone else i'm potentially overlooking?

Personally i think Boyd ticks all the boxes, he's pretty much guaranteed to play 90 mins every game and is dirt cheap for a 5th midfielder. Burnley are beginning to score goals, so he could play some part in them.

He will save you cash that you may need elsewhere in your team, maybe not now - but in future

Ameobi would also be a good shout - same price as Boyd but will probably play further forward, fairly sure he was registered as a striker last season on FF as well. Not sure about his game time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Thinking Dier and Szezny out, Cahill and Krul in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I pulled the trigger on the two FTs I had.

What do people think of this team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I pulled the trigger on the two FTs I had.

What do people think of this team?

Do you plan on sticking with 3 sot? Would have definitely waited until they player they could easily get injured. Switch (c) to Costa too early for more adventurous picks even if you are behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Have had Cresswell for 3 game week's as a slight gamble as part of my wildcard. He's gone 1,9,1 in those games and im trying to decide if those returns are good enough for a defender worth 5.4 ?

Im definitely shipping tadic out this week as planned, but if I also move Cresswell I can do something like this ::

Cresswell -> Yun
    Tadic -> Hazard

Some good games coming up for chelski and even though I already have fab, I think both will make good returns for the forseeable.

This all feels right to me, but looking for opinions for/against. Have a "stronger" front 8 as I think it will be important during the busy December schedule.

Team atm is ::

Guzan - Jukopovic
    Baines - Dummett - Wisdom - Bertrand - Cresswell
    Siggy - Fabregas - Sanchez - Tadic - Downing
    Aguero - Pelle - Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Chesty08 wrote: »
    **** Hazard has gone to 10.1... I really should of moved on him last week!!

Missing the .1 to upgrade Fab to Hazard!

Getting rid of Forster... who are people replacing him with??

Who has got a decent run of fixtures?

If you've a bit of time to spare :P I'll link you to my GK analysis ;) => part 1 & part 2.

To summarise what the stats "told" me (that was before this GW - but this GW results don't really change it, they actually mostly confirm it) here's what I wrote:
    In terms of upcoming fixtures 'til the Jan WC
    1. Man City, QPR and AV with favourable runs.
    2. Hull with a good one
    3. CP, WB, Newcastle & Everton with decent ones.
    Since Guzan’s doing better away than home, Hart and Green seem the 2 best options. Hart could be a great option from GW16 onwards. Green can be paired with CP’s Speroni. They rotate well and perform way better home than away. It may be too dear a pairing though depending on the amount of big guns you may have upfront.

Pairing 2 GKs from Hull could be interesting too, especially from GW17 onwards. Though not the cheapest of options. They rotate perfectly with Burnley but since Hull GKs have performed better away than home a daring gamble could be to rotate them with WB but playing each keeper away confused.png...

In the end, the popular Newcastle combo could well continue to work out decently rolleyes.pngtongue.png...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

If Pelle picks up his 5th yellow tomorrow, I'm doing straight swap for Bony. If he doesn't and Downing is out, I'm looking at Downing and Welbeck to Brady and Bony for a -4 (leaving me to rotate Boyd and Brady as my 4th mid.....). I could also downgrade Clyne to Collins or Wisdom to fund that transfer if Downing isn't serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Arbitrary wrote: »
    I need some options for a cheap and cheerful replacement.

I've 4.9 to play with.

I'm considering Boyd or Wanyama, is there anyone else i'm potentially overlooking?
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    Brady
    How about James McCarthy for 4.8? He's playing regularly, and Everton's next 3 home fixtures should be winnable for them....

EDIT: Having said that, the league is crazy this year! You wouldn't know what could happen...
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    Personally i think Boyd ticks all the boxes, he's pretty much guaranteed to play 90 mins every game and is dirt cheap for a 5th midfielder. Burnley are beginning to score goals, so he could play some part in them.

He will save you cash that you may need elsewhere in your team, maybe not now - but in future

Ameobi would also be a good shout - same price as Boyd but will probably play further forward, fairly sure he was registered as a striker last season on FF as well. Not sure about his game time though.

Some great suggestions, nice one.

Boyd is at the top of the shopping list I reckon. Ameobi is also an interesting option. Shame Southampton have such a tough fixture list.

I'm going to hang on for an official WH update on Downing. If he's fit I'll move to plan b. Forster for Guzan which will let me bring in Siggy for Moses, it will temporarily tie some cash up, but my options are limited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Thinking of going with a -4 again this week

Pelle and Pieters out to Austin and Azpilicueta or maybe baines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Clyne and welbeck out Taylor and a good diff in Bony in for the next 3 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Thinking of going with a -4 again this week

Pelle and Pieters out to Austin and Azpilicueta or maybe baines.

Austin will probably rise tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

0.1m off going Pellé to Bony :(

Tempted to -4 it but will probably just go Bertrand to Yun and then make the transfer next week instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Very tempted by Pelle to Bony. Swansea have a nice little run of fixtures coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭skippy15

Clyne out for blackett taylor or clichy.

Fancy clichy but blackett cheaper and can play left back to so think should keep place; or will he?

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Very tempted by Pelle to Bony. Swansea have a nice little run of fixtures coming

Do you think will he justify being 2.4 mil more than the likes of Austin and Ings though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Lemlin wrote: »
    Austin will probably rise tonight.

Got Austin in.

Not sure about my defenders though, have Duff, dummett, Bertrand, wisdom and pieters.

Pieters to Azpilicueta is what i think I'll do. Although I could upgrade Bertrand to baines.

2.2m in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

Ok so selling Welbeck but really torn between 2 options.
    Either Austin or Kane.
    What do people think? I'm favouring Austin at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Dubliner28 wrote: »

Had intended going Pelle to Austin but Bony very tempting. Think he could be more reliable and has 3 home in the next 4. It's all about judging whether Austin's streak will continue or will he get closer attention from defences and slow his returns.

Bony a proven PL scorer, MOTD pointed out that he is the top scoring PL striker in 2014 so far with 17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Bony is tempting but im gonna stick with Berahino as my 3rd striker, i fancy him to find his goal-scoring form again with his next two games being at home.
    Did Forster to Green. Have 1ft left thinking about getting Jagielka he has good points for his price range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Tadic + Naismaith OUT
    Siggy + Ings IN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Will have 2 FT's for next week, going to wait and see how Pelle performs tonight before doing anything too rash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I've already done Ageuro to rooney. Very tempted to do a swansea double aswell. Shawcross and Ayoze to Williams and bony. I think its worth the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

jamesbere wrote: »
    I've already done Ageuro to rooney. Very tempted to do a swansea double aswell. Shawcross and Ayoze to Williams and bony. I think its worth the risk.

Why drop Aguero?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Why drop Aguero?

I think Rooney will outscore him in the next few games.

But knowing my luck aguero will get 2 hat tricks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Went mad and transferred Sterling and Peile out for Rooney and wait for it ....... Fellani, my club colours ruling my head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Pelle- Giroud
    Gerard- Silva
    Going to wait till after champions league but that looks good to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Officer999 wrote: »
    Ok so selling Welbeck but really torn between 2 options.
    Either Austin or Kane.
    What do people think? I'm favouring Austin at the minute.

I'm going for Austin. He's guaranteed to start, is on pens and has decent fixtures. Spurs have Everton and Chelsea up next so that lessens Kane's appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Lemlin wrote: »
    My team:

Forster Elliott
    Chambers Naylor Wisdom Dummett Moore
    Di Maria Sanchez Fab Siggy Marney
    Pelle Costa Aguero

2 FTs. 0.1 in the bank.

Other than Forster to Krul, I can't see a transfer worth making at the minute. Any opinions folks?

Ive got pretty much the exact same setup bar Downing instead of Sigurdsson and a few different subs.

Thinking of holding onto Forster myself and transferring Pelle and Chambers out for Austin and Azpil

QPR have a decent fixtures over the Xmas run of games and you would have to imagine Charlie is going to be involved in a lot of the action they create whereas Southampton have a tough few fixtures over the same time. Newcastle's fixtures don't look too promising either for CS potential over the same period so moving Forster out for another keeper with similar fixtures doesn't make sense IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

I'm not seeing too many people here offloading their Southampton defenders. Surely this is a priority?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ranchu wrote: »
    I'm not seeing too many people here offloading their Southampton defenders. Surely this is a priority?

I think the problem is who to go for. There's not exactly many teams keeping consistent clean sheets. I think a chelsea defender would be a good choice over the christmas.

Ranchu wrote: »

Not an urgent priority since I can bench Clyne for next week; I might need to get rid of Downing and Welbeck first. I'm surprised that Clyne and Berty are still seeing positive NTIs today; hooray for casuals :pac:

Thinking of holding onto Forster myself and transferring Pelle and Chambers out for Austin and Azpil

I also have Forster and also not sure whether to sell him. They have 3 nasty ones after this, but two of them are at home, and the 3 are followed by Burnley.

If I do sell, I see Fabianski as a good choice. Would be essentially a straight sway price-wise, but Fab has good fixtures.

Or else Green. Also good fixtures, but I already have McCarthy so would be good to have 2 keepers from the same team. Would also bank be 0.7m

Regarding Pelle, its a matter of taking the punt that his dry spell will continue. Risky as his shots stats are holding up, his conversion rate is down so you could say he's due goals, and as posted Man U and Arsenal are fond of conceding them. I'm probably gonna take the plunge and go for a fresh approach, despite having 1m profit on Pelle.

I'm looking at going one of two ways.

a) downgrade (price wise) Pelle to Austin and upgrade my defence with the Xmas schedule in mind. Possibly bringing in Terry and Hart.

b) Downgrade Forster to an educated punt on Green in goals and keep with a strong front three of Bony, Aguero and Costa.

I'm hoping that in either case I could get a Chelsea defender in there, but for option B it will probably have to be Azpil, and I'll have to hold off a couple of weeks.

If I do go (B) I can always reverse it after Swans next 4 good fixtures and free up cash for defence upgrades before Xmas.

Any thoughts? Could be fun!!!

Currently
    Forster,
    Clyne, Chamber, Hutton, Duff, Dummet
    Sanchez, ADM, Hazard, Downing, Boyd,
    Aguero, Costa, Pelle

Option A
    Green,
    Clyne (to Azpil in a couple of weeks), Chamber, Hutton, Duff, Dummet
    Aguero, Costa, Bony

Option B
    Forster (probably to Hart in a couple of weeks),
    Terry, Chamber, Hutton, Duff, Dummet
    Aguero, Costa, Austin

Longer term I think I'll be looking at whether ADM is worth it after these two home games for United. They are not the fountain of goals they are sometimes perceived to be. Upgrading Downing & ADM to two mid priced mids may be a better use of cash.

FHFC wrote: »
    Regarding Pelle, its a matter of taking the punt that his dry spell will continue. Risky as his shots stats are holding up, his conversion rate is down so you could say he's due goals, and as posted Man U and Arsenal are fond of conceding them. I'm probably gonna take the plunge and go for a fresh approach, despite having 1m profit on Pelle.

I'm looking at going one of two ways.

a) downgrade (price wise) Pelle to Austin and upgrade my defence with the Xmas schedule in mind. Possibly bringing in Terry and Hart.

b) Downgrade Forster to an educated punt on Green in goals and keep with a strong front three of Bony, Aguero and Costa.

I'm hoping that in either case I could get a Chelsea defender in there, but for option B it will probably have to be Azpil, and I'll have to hold off a couple of weeks.

If I do go (B) I can always reverse it after Swans next 4 good fixtures and free up cash for defence upgrades before Xmas.

Any thoughts? Could be fun!!!

Currently
    Forster,
    Clyne, Chamber, Hutton, Duff, Dummet
    Aguero, Costa, Pelle

Option A
    Green,
    Clyne (to Azpil in a couple of weeks), Chamber, Hutton, Duff, Dummet
    Aguero, Costa, Bony

Option B
    Forster (probably to Hart in a couple of weeks),
    Terry, Chamber, Hutton, Duff, Dummet
    Aguero, Costa, Austin

Longer term I think I'll be looking at whether ADM is worth it after these two home games for United. They are not the fountain of goals they are sometimes perceived to be. Upgrading Downing & ADM to two mid priced mids may be a better use of cash.

Yeah, ADM is intesting. The next week or two might decide if I keep him.

I was just looking, and I can switch ADM and Pelle out for Oscar and Costa. Interesting. Would probably hold off a week or two to do it though.

Bony is definitely first choice penalty taker for Swans yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Paully D wrote: »
    Bertrand to Azpilacueta.

+1. I have just enough to make this transfer

FHFC wrote: »
    Bony is definitely first choice penalty taker for Swans yes?

Yup: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29586592

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Is Welbeck likely to make way for Giroud?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I don't have either so not really an issue, but if I had southampton defneder and southampton attacker, Pelle out would be the priority. Much better options available at the moment up front. Same can't be siad for denfenders.

That said, anyone with 2 soton defenders (or def + GK) that would be my priority

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I had planned to take Clyne or Forster out this week, but I've also got the infrequently playing Moore and Chester. Would most people prioritise the non-players?

In which case it's Chester to Azpi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I think the problem is who to go for. There's not exactly many teams keeping consistent clean sheets. I think a chelsea defender would be a good choice over the christmas.

Caulker is a bargain for the next while, there's a lot of talk about Green but Caulker is a serious goal and bonus point threat for an extra .2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Im looking at moving on Falcoa for Rooney for the time been any ways and then i have Tadic ( Whom im going too stick with) But may swap Pelle for Bony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Im looking at moving on Falcoa for Rooney for the time been any ways and then i have Tadic ( Whom im going too stick with) But may swap Pelle for Bony

Why Tadic over Pelle? I'm planning on shifting the former myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jimmii wrote: »
    Why Tadic over Pelle? I'm planning on shifting the former myself.

I've a feeling tadic will out score most points wise between assists and goals scored

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

My main aim is to get in hazard but I'm reluctant to get rid of both tadic and pelle. I also intend to get rid of Clyne but not necessarily this week. Currently have 0.5 in the bank. Any option to do this looks like taking a -8.

option 1- replacing clyne with yun, downing with hazard and pelle with austin.

option 2- replacing clyne with yun, tadic with hazard and downing with jedinak/brunt/any other 5.5 midfielder.

any other suggestions?

Current team:
    krul (jakupovic)
    clyne chambers ntaylor (duff,moore)
    downing di maria sanchez tadic (cattermole)
    aguero costa pelle

Ive got pretty much the exact same setup bar Downing instead of Sigurdsson and a few different subs.

QPR have a decent fixtures over the Xmas run of games and you would have to imagine Charlie is going to be involved in a lot of the action they create whereas Southampton have a tough few fixtures over the same time. Newcastle's fixtures don't look too promising either for CS potential over the same period so moving Forster out for another keeper with similar fixtures doesn't make sense IMO.

I've changed my mind re Krul. I plan to go with Rob a Green now.

Caulker is a bargain for the next while, there's a lot of talk about Green but Caulker is a serious goal and bonus point threat for an extra .2

Clyne to Caulker
    Pelle to Bony

That's starting to sound like a plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Liking the sound of Welbeck to Austin and Pelle to Bony. Swansea's next 6 look too good to miss. Austin looks set to rise tonight so might make that move even though I should probably avoid making any transfer until there's more news on Baines and Downing.

Advertisement