Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game-week 13 Transfers.

• 22-11-2014 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭

2 free transfers, probably Sterling & Berahino out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Pelle to ings or wisdom to trippier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

These threads get earlier every week! I have 2FTs and again this week no idea what to do! Going to lose Tadic and Probably keep Pelle plan was Downing so hopefully he is fit for next weekend will probably just store funds for when Baines is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

I'll see how it goes today, thinking of fabregas and Pelle to Costa and Chadi . just enough to do it so i will need to be done today before chadi rises tonight. Will cost me .9 from my team value but you cant take it with you . hopefully something happens today that will change my maind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

All aboard the Mauricio Isla Bus :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

2 FT's myself. I want Baines long term but it requires a downgrade of one of my attackers. Pelle is the player most likely to make the sacrifice but luckily Baines is injured so I dont have to make that change yet. Cant afford to go straight Fabregas to Hazard either :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am on Walcott watch again. If he is starting and looking sharp then will be upgrading Tadic to Walcott.
    Duff to Yun to finance this for a -4.

That would mean I have both Sanchez and Walcott from the arsenal midfield in my team. I am ok with that as Arsenal have tasty fixtures between now and end of January wildcard time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

Looking at a possible - 8 for the following

Pelle, Welbeck and Coloccini out for

Costa, Austin/Bojan and Yun.

If Bojan scores again today he'd be an option at 4.9 and allow me to get Costa in at just the -4

Edit: Might go for Ings and catch the inevitable 0.3 price rise. All a matter anyway I think. looking like big big damage to my season today. No Costa.

Thinking Pelle to Austin & Moore to Terry for a -4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Thinking I might want another wildcard, lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Pelle to ings or wisdom to trippier.

A week late to the party now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

will probably take a -4 to get in hazard..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

tadic to Oscar possibly

Which striker is best option for 5.9 or less?

Austin, Sakho, Ings, Fletcher.

Ings will surely catch a 0.2 or 0.3 rise this week.

Edit : Fletcher not an option. Next 3 games are Chelsea, City and Liverpool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Operation get Costa back in. 0.2 in the bank.

Schmeichel
    Baines Gibbs Bertrand Dummett Wisdom
    Fab Hazard Sanchez Downing Brady
    Welbeck Aguero Pelle

Need to sacrifice either Fabregas or Baines. Any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hazard, Oscar, Fab, Ivan, Terry & possibly Dave in

Operation get Costa back in. 0.2 in the bank.

Schmeichel
    Baines Gibbs Bertrand Dummett Wisdom
    Fab Hazard Sanchez Downing Brady
    Welbeck Aguero Pelle

Need to sacrifice either Fabregas or Baines. Any advice?

Well you've already got Hazard........ I'd probably sacrifice Fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thinking of Bony > Pelle and/or Di Maria > Fab/Oscar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Only one goalscorer for me today...

PANIC TRANSFERS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

will probably do tadic > hazard and pelle >austin/sakho,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Is Sammy Ameobi a guaranteed starter now? Or who is he replacing?

I considered him for my useless King but held off becuas eI want a guaranteed starter for the Christmas period. Of course he got pts today but anyway what's his situation?

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »
    Is Sammy Ameobi a guaranteed starter now? Or who is he replacing?

I considered him for my useless King but held off becuas eI want a guaranteed starter for the Christmas period. Of course he got pts today but anyway what's his situation?

Today was his first and only 90 minutes of the season

G1032 wrote: »
    Today was his first and only 90 minutes of the season

Do you know why is that? He's getting the points lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Would Baines-Coleman be to much tied up in defence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My team:

Forster Elliott
    Chambers Naylor Wisdom Dummett Moore
    Di Maria Sanchez Fab Siggy Marney
    Pelle Costa Aguero

2 FTs. 0.1 in the bank.

Other than Forster to Krul, I can't see a transfer worth making at the minute. Any opinions folks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Lemlin wrote: »
    My team:

Forster Elliott
    Chambers Naylor Wisdom Dummett Moore
    Di Maria Sanchez Fab Siggy Marney
    Pelle Costa Aguero

2 FTs. 0.1 in the bank.

Other than Forster to Krul, I can't see a transfer worth making at the minute. Any opinions folks?

Pelle to Austin Anen then upgrade a defender to Azi?

Or siggy to Downing?

Depends on what happens in the rest of the game week I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Welbeck out looks likely; I can take another drop so will wait to see if Pelle gets his 5th yellow or for any injuries. Watching Chelsea matches without having Costa is terrible but it would take a -8 or a -4 with Barnes or Zamora as my 3rd striker.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Bar suspensions i think southampton players have to get bullet. Great value and returns to date but cant see many games in next 8id be happy to have clyne as a starter for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bertrand to Azpilacueta.

skippy15 wrote: »
    Bar suspensions i think southampton players have to get bullet. Great value and returns to date but cant see many games in next 8id be happy to have clyne as a starter for me.

I'm waiting to see how Pelle does Monday night. They play City next weekend. He could easily score.

I do think Forster will have to go though.

• Advertisement

Bony in next week is very tempting, might even captain him if I did it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm waiting to see how Pelle does Monday night. They play City next weekend. He could easily score.

I do think Forster will have to go though.

Btw, looks like you'll get a farewell price rise outa him tonight!

I can't decide what's more of a priority now - getting Costa in or getting Welbeck out.

I can't decide what's more of a priority now - getting Costa in or getting Welbeck out.
    Can't you kill two birds with one stone?

iroced wrote: »
    Can't you kill two birds with one stone?

4cE4YmQ.jpg

Can't do a direct swap without downgrading Fabregas to a 5.8 mid and I don't want to do that. The other option is to just do Welbeck to Austin this week to free up funds for Costa move next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Not sure what to do - I've had Berahino for the last 3 weeks, i just can't seem to get a scoring third striker - i seem to be late to the party all the time, Falcao, Welbeck and Berahino have been my third striker since GW4. However there just doesn't seem to by anyone really atm to justify buying based on fixtures/form around the 8m mark.

Be interesting to see what Wrenger does with Welbeck now that Giroud is back playing - i could just about afford to get him in, if i make transfer before any rises, but dunno if good idea or not.... decisions

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Btw, looks like you'll get a farewell price rise outa him tonight!

And I think I'll bring Krul in before he rises!

4cE4YmQ.jpg

Can't do a direct swap without downgrading Fabregas to a 5.8 mid and I don't want to do that. The other option is to just do Welbeck to Austin this week to free up funds for Costa move next week.

I have a quite similar team and dilemma on Costa. It basically boils down to Chelsea defender and Pelle/Bony or <4.2m defender and Costa for me. Not so sure Diego is worth it when he needs more than a goal to get baps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭Invincible

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Not sure what to do - I've had Berahino for the last 3 weeks, i just can't seem to get a scoring third striker - i seem to be late to the party all the time, Falcao, Welbeck and Berahino have been my third striker since GW4. However there just doesn't seem to by anyone really atm to justify buying based on fixtures/form around the 8m mark.

Be interesting to see what Wrenger does with Welbeck now that Giroud is back playing - i could just about afford to get him in, if i make transfer before any rises, but dunno if good idea or not.... decisions

Have Berahino too, looks like he's dropping tonight with fpls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Berahino to Austin done.

Holding off on Costa for the time being. I'll see what happens over the coming week as I think Mourinho may wish to monitor Costa's gametime and give Remy and Drogba more opportunities in the starting XI with their lead being quite big at this early stage.

I think Pelle to Austin is something of a no brainer for me this week. Having considered the Ings discussion elsewhere the fixtures for Austin decide it, plus he's shown more consistent form. If Ings was a good deal cheaper he might be worth a punt, but at pretty much the same money it's gotta be Austin for now. Frees up a great kitty to set the team up for Xmas.

Whether to take a hit to remove Forster or Clyne too will be the question....

• Advertisement

Welbeck out for me. That'll be my first transfer this week. Tomorrow night or Monday night depending on whether Austin is going to rise.

I will decide later in the week if Costa is coming in. It'll involve 2 further transfers and a -8 and Yun in for Coloccini. I will have 0.1 to play with!!

Who you downgrading for the rest of the Costa fund?

G1032 wrote: »
    Who you downgrading for the rest of the Costa fund?

I could do Pelle and Fab to Costa and Siggy but not convinced by this. I think I would prefer to go with Fab, Hazard and Terry as my 3 Chelsea.

4cE4YmQ.jpg

If I were you I'd ditch one of the Chelsea mid and pair the othe rone with Costa upfront.

Now Pellè to Costa requires £2.7m. Welbeck to Austin will give you £1.3m. So you need to find £1.2m somewhere.
    Siggy as a tasty run coming. He could well replace one of your Chelsea mid.
    At the back Naylor for Gibbs/Bertrand would free £0.6m too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

-8 done. Cresswell, Kompany, Tadic out for Azpi, Yun and Di Maria. Don't really want Yun, but couldn't afford the other two without doing it. Forster will be next out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Anyone tempted to get Rooney in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I am, two home games coming up. Going to swap him for aguero which frees up money to bring in a better defender

jamesbere wrote: »
    I am, two home games coming up. Going to swap him for aguero which frees up money to bring in a better defender

Don't. Going without Aguero is madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

FHFC wrote: »
    Don't. Going without Aguero is madness.

Man City away to Southampton next is going to be tough and after that they have Sunderland away and city don't have a great record at the stadium of light in the last few seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I did last week and I feel a lot better about it after yday especially as wellbeck made way. wellbeck may be cheapish and playing for arsenal but he cant hit a barn door in the league and giroud is back
    rvp was awful too needs a rest which would mean Rooney on pens.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement