Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,701 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Negredo is out for months and Aguero is injury prone. Unless they buy a big striker Dzeko should be first choice and City will score for fun.

The same with Giroud at 8.5 with Sanchez signed and Ozil moving into his preferred position he should get a bucket load of chances.

Remy at 7.5 also if he plays centrally for Liverpool which i think he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

imagine a front 3 of Remy, Sturridge and Sterling all interchanging positions with Lallana pulling the strings from behind. that would terrify the life out of defenders with all that movement and pace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

manual_man wrote: »
    imagine a front 3 of Remy, Sturridge and Sterling all interchanging positions with Lallana pulling the strings from behind. that would terrify the life out of defenders with all that movement and pace

It will be harder to predict their line up ,presume lallana,sturidge and sterling and you are left with coutiniho,remy,markovic and maybe another for last position,untill they play a few games sterling and sturridge are thé safest options

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I think it would have been better if Alexis Sanchez had been listed as a forward.
    I agee. I think as a forward he would be in my team. Currently he's not in my latest draft.
    Nuts102 wrote: »
    Negredo is out for months and Aguero is injury prone. Unless they buy a big striker Dzeko should be first choice and City will score for fun.

The same with Giroud at 8.5 with Sanchez signed and Ozil moving into his preferred position he should get a bucket load of chances.

Remy at 7.5 also if he plays centrally for Liverpool which i think he will.
    That's looking like what my front 3 will be, don't agree that Remy will play up front tho, he'll be out wide. Still plenty of goals to be scored from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Although he is cheaper than lat season (when I avoided him), RVP does take up a lot of the budget!

Anyone managed to get RVP, Sanchez, Hazard and Dzeko (a must have I think) into their team without the rest of it looking like a car crash??

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    Although he is cheaper than lat season (when I avoided him), RVP does take up a lot of the budget!

Anyone managed to get RVP, Sanchez, Hazard and Dzeko (a must have I think) into their team without the rest of it looking like a car crash??

It can be done....

De gea
    shaw terry debuchy (wisdom target)
    sanchez Hazard de jong sigurdsson (Albrighton)
    rvp dzeko nugent

You could swap siggy out for puncheon or, maybe davis if you wanted to free up cash to upgrade nugent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

If ye guys are saying ye would have sanchez in your team as a striker but not as a midfielder based on the logic that there are too many choices in midfield then ye are all mad.

If sanchez performs to strikers levels as a midfielder he will clean up and should be the first midfielder you put in your team, think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If ye guys are saying ye would have sanchez in your team as a striker but not as a midfielder based on the logic that there are too many choices in midfield then ye are all mad.

If sanchez performs to strikers levels as a midfielder he will clean up and should be the first midfielder you put in your team, think about it.

I'm not saying I wouldn't have him in my team as a midfielder it just, for me, makes things a little more unbalanced. There's midfielders I'd like to play but wouldn't be able to when I have Sanchez filling one of those positions.

What's done is done and we all have to adapt to the same situation.

I'm saying as a 10.5 midfielder he's competing for a spot in my team against Hazard and Yaya, proven FF players. Probably can only have 2 of them at most in my team.

If he was a 10.5 forward, he's competing against Rooney and Diego Costa, both whom I have question marks over and am unlikely to have in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Krul - Mannone

Luis - Shaw - Ward - Demel - Wisdom

Sanchez - Hazard - Sigurdsson - de Jong - Albrighton

RVP - Ings - Dzeko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

De Gea - Given

Filipe Luis - Debuchy - Wisdom - Trippier - Targett

Hazard - Sanchez - de Jong - Barkley - El Ahmadi

Van Persie - Nugent - Dzeko

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Looks like Bojan is heading for Stoke,could be an interesting option

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Bojan is crap. He failed to light it up playing with much better players at Barca, Milan ,Roma & Ajax,I can't see him doing much at Stoke with their players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Is Naismith likely to start for Everton? Im thinking that if Lukaku moves to Everton he'll not see much gametime thinking i might have to seriously restructure my current team.

Is Naismith likely to start for Everton?
    No. Was 2nd/3rd choice striker last season and they will have Kone back this season, which will furhter bump him down the order (assuming Lukaku moves)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Would you lads rather have Rooney and Eriksen, or Van Persie and a £6.0m midfielder such as Sigurdsson?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Shedite27 wrote: »
    No. Was 2nd/3rd choice striker last season and they will have Kone back this season, which will furhter bump him down the order (assuming Lukaku moves)

Balls, at 5 mil he would have been grand, looks like it's back to the drawing board so!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Paully D wrote: »
    Would you lads rather have Rooney and Eriksen, or Van Persie and a £6.0m midfielder such as Sigurdsson?

I've taken the van Persie route. I feel there's a good chance he'll be back to his best, which is more consistent than Rooney, and more captainable. Also, Eriksen is good, but I think some lesser priced player will do as good as him. Whether that'll be Siggy or somebody else, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Paully D wrote: »
    From those options, RvP and Sigurdsson. But Eriksen is one of the definites in my team.

Balls, at 5 mil he would have been grand, looks like it's back to the drawing board so!:rolleyes:
    The only 5m striekrs on my radar are....
    • Kane (Spu) - ended last season well, played a lot in the last few games. Obviously a new manager could change everything. Pochetino normally played a 4-2-3-1 at Southampton so not sure Kane will fit into that.
    • Vardy (Lei) - 16 league goals last year. Decent player. Overshadowed at Leicester by Nugent who got 20 (but 9 of those were penalties).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

• Kane (Spu) - ended last season well, played a lot in the last few games. Obviously a new manager could change everything. Pochetino normally played a 4-2-3-1 at Southampton so not sure Kane will fit into that.
    • Vardy (Lei) - 16 league goals last year. Decent player. Overshadowed at Leicester by Nugent who got 20 (but 9 of those were penalties).
    Vardy is a very decent player but don't see him getting enough minutes now that Ulloa has been signed

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd expect Ade or Soldado to start up front for Spurs. Soldado was too isolated last year when he played for me so I'm looking forward to seeing what Pochetino can do with him and a few of the other Spurs players.

One of Barnes, Jutkiewicz, or Sordell should start for Burnley while Sam Vokes is out. They're all 5.0m or less

Caulker signs for QPR

Done deal. Anyone think this will cut into Odemwingie's game time? I currently have Arnie so am not too worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,701 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Can anybody tell me who they think offers more going forward Debuchy or Davies. I know Arsenal will keep clean sheets but Pochetino will have Spurs very solid. I think at 5.0 he could be a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me who they think offers more going forward Debuchy or Davies. I know Arsenal will keep clean sheets but Pochetino will have Spurs very solid. I think at 5.0 he could be a bargain.

I have both at the moment. That's a tough question about who's better going forward, individually there's not much between them but I would expect debuchy to get more chances to go forward given he plays in a stronger team.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Will Davies definitely start for Spurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

frimpong wrote: »

I'd expect him to. Spurs are lacking a decent left back.

• Advertisement

frimpong wrote: »

a bit hard to say. they do actually have a lot of options at LB if you look at their squad

Advertisement