Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 12 match day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Up from 28k to 17k even with the -4 accounted for. 2 spurs players possibly left to play but sterling, Southampton players and autosubs have me worried in terms of overall rank. Will be thrilled to end the week in the top 25k if I can manage that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

KevIRL wrote: »
    Up from 28k to 17k even with the -4 accounted for. 2 spurs players possibly left to play but sterling, Southampton players and autosubs have me worried in terms of overall rank. Will be thrilled to end the week in the top 25k if I can manage that

I assume most players would have Boyd, Chambers and the likes benched.
    Don't expect a lot of points coming off the bench for them tbh.

Southampton clean sheet might change things around for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

My 33 (-4) sees me fall back to 8k. Look it's grand, can't complain much and I won't. A clean sheet would have been nice but hopefully I'll remain in the top 10k before I strike on Monday. Although if Tadic keeps his underlying stats underlying then he'll be lying under something come next week that's for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Awful awful gameweek

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Rose about 140k places and in the top 50k for this gw. Still only just inside top 150k overall

That is a huge jump, well done. 50+ points I guess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

20 points.

Gameweek rank over 3 million!!!

Dropped from 18k to 36k overall

4 to play and dummett to come in.....

"Its just a little dirty, its still good its still good".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Down to 24k... Have to wait till Monday for my final 3.
    Is it next week yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    If you were looking for a replacement for Pelle now, who would you go for?

Id go austin, bony or ings. Great fixtures for all 3 for the next few weeks. Bony is slipping under the radar as we all have siggy and in both our cases Naylor, siggy and bony may be too much. Ings earlier in the season was playing in behind jutkiewcz. Jutkiewcz has been dropped and its now barnes playing behind Ings and he is a much bigger threat now. Austin is a great shout as you can keep him till the jan wildcard. As you know I was going Ings this week but changed to Austin.
    I think Ill be doing pelle to ings so will have Aguero austin Ings. Im going to go without costa have 3 chelsea already for the next 3 games and hope he picks up a yellow or gets rested . Ill then ditch fab for chadli and get costa in for ings.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hazard and Fabregas save a dreadful week. 34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

47 pts and up to 11k overall!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

29 with Bertrand, Tadic and Guzan to play and Siggy's 2 auto-subbing in. Down from 3.7k to 5k. Could have been worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭G1032

Can't believe I dropped just 8,500 places to 30,000 with my 27 points. GW rank of 2,400,000!!!

It'll be all red arrows in PL's I'm sure but hopefully no significant ground lost.

Going to have to take a hit next week if I bring in Costa though. Next week might not be so great either

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

I'll be 35 after auto subs kick in with clyne, tadic and pelle to go.next week 2 of those saints will probably make way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

dropped from 42k to 79K overall after making risky transfers early. Going to suffer double villa defence in Guzan and Hutton Monday night too thanks to injury. 4 to play, miracle please :pac::pac::pac:

26, ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

Maybe I'm a little bitter but qpr didn't have a single shot on target in the game today going by match of the day yet krul got 2 bonus points......my rival in the work league had him obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Boots234 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm a little bitter but qpr didn't have a single shot on target in the game today going by match of the day yet krul got 2 bonus points......my rival in the work league had him obviously!

He did well to get 4 saves from no shots on target alright

LOL:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

35 with 4 to play

come on southampton

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

G1032 wrote: »
    Can't believe I dropped just 8,500 places to 30,000 with my 27 points. GW rank of 2,400,000!!!

Be sure this is not a personal dig but this is a comment I read every week. When you're highly up into the rankings you'll need more than a bad GW to heavily drop back. Especially this week where most are having a sh*te week anyway.
    I experienced it last year. Once you climb to the top, if you play it safe enough (I mean not making huge gambles captain wise and players wise) there's no reason why you would drop dramatically. If you own the main top players and you're having a mare chances are that most are having one too. On the contrary (and I experienced it the 2 years before last) when you start slow it'll require some stand-out run to climb your way up.

Just as an example, I only dropped 16k down to 128k with my miserable 30 pts today.

iroced wrote: »
    Be sure this is not a personal dig but this is a comment I read every week. When you're highly up into the rankings you'll need more than a bad GW to heavily drop back. Especially this week where most are having a sh*te week anyway.
    I experienced it last year. Once you climb to the top, if you play it safe enough (I mean not making huge gambles captain wise and players wise) there's no reason why you would drop dramatically. If you own the main top players and you're having a mare chances are that most are having one too. On the contrary (and I experienced it the 2 years before last) when you start slow it'll require some stand-out run to climb your way up.

Just as an example, I only dropped 16k down to 128k with my miserable 30 pts today.

+1, dropped 44 places only with 31 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Jeez, only getting caught up with motd now.

Their stat on Van Persie is staggering. Touched the ball on 12 occasions today. 3 were corners he took and 2 were in his own box. One touch in opposition penalty box.

While Rooney played deep he seemed to be getting into the box more on the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Good points, just not something I have ever really had experience of!! :)

Hope it holds true as staying close to my current rank towards the end of the season would do me nicely!!

On the other hand I suffered from playing it safe today captain wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Next week will be very interesting at the top. Saints good run comes to an end and there isn't really a standout captain choice like Aguero this week. Could be some big movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Next week will be very interesting at the top. Saints good run comes to an end and there isn't really a standout captain choice like Aguero this week. Could be some big movement.

we'll see how good soton are next week for sure
    I've a good feeling they will either beat city or draw at the very least myself
    maybe a clean sheet is a lot to ask for though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Meh week all round I think!

Got 33 with 3 to come off the bench and Bertrand, Chadli and Pellé to play.

Dropped a whole 40 places from 780th -> 820th. A good day from one of the other players should see me rise I'd say as most of the big hitters are done for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

AdpRo wrote: »
    Ha 27 (-4) after bps and auto subs with one to play!! I thought this season couldnt get any worse, how far will i drop from 350k.......500k??

Not far off.....487k!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Aguero wasnt the standout captain choice this weekend, more people captained Costa, a lot more!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

8-10 wrote: »
    Aguero wasnt the standout captain choice this weekend, more people captained Costa, a lot more!

I'm only talking about the top 10k where 53% captained Aguero; it was even higher in the top 1k (64%)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I was saved from having a poor week by my doubling up on the Newcastle defence, how things have changed there. Lukaku and Hazard scored for me and I'm currently on 42 (-4) with three to play.
    Seems like a bit of a nothing week really, I assume all serious players will have scored between 30 and 50, only Pelle and Sterling could throw the cat amongst the pigeons with huge scores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Newcastle defenders musta been pinging shots at him!

Currently on 39 points with boyd to sub in and only pelle to go. Up to 13k. Would love if Southampton failed to keep a CS for once!

Advertisement