Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

EA Sports Cup:

Limerick FC vs Cork City, Monday 9th 7:45pm confirmed.

Athlone 0-1 Limerick

Not the best performance bu with Longford drawing 1-1 with Salthill it was a very good 3pts.

Next up is the top of the table clash at home to Longford Town next Friday. A win could set us up to go on a very good run.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Great three points last night on a beach of a surface, sets it up nicely for Friday. Should be the biggest crowd in a long time i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What time is the match on?

Friday 7.45.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

I'm really hoping for a sunny day...

I think there will be a serious crowd at it...I think everyone should try and bring a friend, it could be the start of our title run:D

Munster Senior Cup Final:

May 7th:
    Limerick FC vs Cork City, 3pm, Jackman Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Mc Love wrote: »
    What time is the match on?

Dont tell us its clashing with a Shannon rugby match again...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

washman3 wrote: »
    Dont tell us its clashing with a Shannon rugby match again...:D

No I dont think it should although I might have to leave early

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

The Munster Football Association have confirmed that the final of the Munster Senior Cup between Limerick FC and Cork City FC will take place on Monday 7th May 2012 at Jackman Park, Limerick with a 3 pm kick-off.
    In the event of a draw after extra time the game will be decided by penalties

• Advertisement

Big one Friday, who's going ? Prediction 3-1 to the blues.

Going to go for a 1-0 limerick win. No pubs open so it's the perfect excuse to drag someone along to the game.

Note: the EA Sports Cup match v Cork has been moved to a kick off time of 4:00pm on Monday 9th of April.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Going to go for a 1-0 limerick win. No pubs open so it's the perfect excuse to drag someone along to the game.

Note: the EA Sports Cup match v Cork has been moved to a kick off time of 4:00pm on Monday 9th of April.

Cup game on in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I'll be there on friday, quite disappointed I havent made an away game yet but dont plan on missing any home games.

This weekend I dunno what to expect if they try play football we could be comfortable cos we are good with the ball down but no doubt we'll lump the ball up to Behan and see how that goes :mad:

Come on the blues 2-1 with us coasting at 2-0 before resorting to lump it to behan tactics

busyliving wrote: »
    Cup game on in Cork?

Jackman Park.

Jofspring wrote: »
    EA Sports Cup:

Limerick FC vs Cork City, Monday 9th 7:45pm confirmed.

This has been changed to 4pm kick off ya?

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    This has been changed to 4pm kick off ya?

Ya threw it in there a few comments ago.

Thanks jof, got a bit mixed up with playing Cork twice, in 2 different cup comps, on 2 different days on 2 different times on the 2 bank holidays. :)

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Thanks jof, got a bit mixed up with playing Cork twice, in 2 different cup comps, on 2 different days on 2 different times on the 2 bank holidays. :)

Should use that to advertise the games ha.

Saw this on the Facebook page and thought it might interest some people thinking of picking up some gear.
    We are open for business as usual on Good Friday 10am-6pm
    **Double Match Night Special this week***
    Home Jersey Short Sleeve - €45
    Amazon Rain Jacket - €35

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Reckon I'll head along to the game this evening. Might see a few of ye there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Limerick 1 - 2 Longford

(Tracy pen 80)

Back in Japan now, so not at the game, but it sounds like we were pretty poor indeed. Same as the first 3 games by the sounds of it, where we resort to hoofing the ball long (without any success) at the slightest sign of pressure.

Very disappointing because there were 1270 people at, and some of them won't be too keen to come back for more.

Down to 3rd in the table.

Same old story big crowd and they bottle it as usual. Time for a change of management i think before its too late.

Our Brian wrote: »
    Same old story big crowd and they bottle it as usual. Time for a change of management i think before its too late.

Agreed. I have backed Scully in the past and he has helped get the club back on its feet but we seem to be staying a the same level and not progressing at all. Good players, same tactics as always and the same results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

In fairness though we didnt deserve to lose that. Just about had the lions share of possession and territory but created very little but in truth either did they. Two dreadful goals given away too which isnt good enough.

New manager needed who will change the keeper....

Barry Ryan is no more than a Mule

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Ya, change of keeper needed,indecisive and uncomfortable on the ball especially on a backpass. contrast that to the Longford keeper who was outstanding.
    Could easily have won this game. Remember that Ryan didnt have a decent save to make in the entire 90mins bar the 2 dreadful mix-ups.
    Limerick could have been 2-0 up at half time.
    Play is very predictable though,need more variation.
    But have to say,Longford were extremely well organised.
    Early days yet. Limerick will be promoted.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Anyone go to the cup game yesterday? 3-0 win looks like it might have been a good watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

no I didnt go because i went to every other game and its terrible to watch the football Limerick are playing, I know a lot of Lads are not going to watch them again, 1200 at the game on friday night, 350 at the game on monday and a good few of them were cork supporters I was told

I dont think Limerick will even make the playoff now.

Was at the game yesterday. Team line up was,

Dave Ryan, Shaun Kelly, Corie Tracey, Shane Guthrie, Shane Tracey, Joe Gamble, Stephen Bradley, Sean Brosnan, Rory Gaffney, Garbhan Coughlan, Cian Collins.

Played some very good football, kept it down all game. Gamble and Bradley ran the midfield and we worked everything from the back. Cork put out a much stronger team than I thought they would but were dire. We never really had to get out of second gear. Cian Collins got a goal after a minute, Sean Brosnan scored a cracker and David O Leary got his first goal for the club.

We need to keep playing like that and we will be a lot more sccessful.

About 60-70 cork fans. Thought the crowd would be worse with the weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

i cant see longford town slipping up anytime soon so its must win game against wexford youths on friday!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement