Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Genuinely don't know how you'd kill the final bosses. Three of you camp at the top left, defending stairs from maurauding mobs, while trying to take out the armoured psions with launchers/snipers all the while avoiding the ever spawning ship that can one hit kill you?

Think that's why it would be a good nightfall, the rest are to easy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Dust Palace would be a great Nightfall imo.

It would be a nightmare. Even running it on one of the strike playlists is pretty damn hard. It would be insane :eek: as a nightfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Omnigul downed in super quick time. The joy of the G'Horn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It can't be a weekly or nightfall because its a PlayStation exclusive. Same as Dust Palace.

Platform exclusive content for a multi platform game when players all pay the same amount sucks massive donkey balls :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

What is a gul anyway and why does she have all of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Hello fresh new thread!!

I completed the Nightfall twice last night. I got the Trolley Problem (already owned) and Hard Light! Whooop!! My friend finally got her first exotic weapon, Thunderlord. The excitement was palpable!! The other guy we were playing with was a little unfortunate and only got Ascendant Shards and then a legendary hand cannon. RNG eh? It's just not fair sometimes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Hello fresh new thread!!

I completed the Nightfall twice last night. I got the Trolley Problem (already owned) and Hard Light! Whooop!! My friend finally got her first exotic weapon, Thunderlord. The excitement was palpable!! The other guy we were playing with was a little unfortunate and only got Ascendant Shards and then a legendary hand cannon. RNG eh? It's just not fair sometimes!!

Just wondering is it possible to get drops from NF more than once in the one week?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Found this subreddit that may be of use to some people, its for starting and learning the raids.

I'm quite happy to sherpa newbies through the VoG Normal Mode at weekends for the most part

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Just wondering is it possible to get drops from NF more than once in the one week?

No, unfortunately not. You can only get drops once a week per character. I ran it with 2 different characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Once per character. Otherwise we'd all be knee deep in exotics or more likely shards n energies.
    I usually do 5-10 Nightfalls a week depending on what people need. It's horrible when someone has the JuJu bounty.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

What is a gul anyway and why does she have all of them?

Gul: Gul is an officer rank title which is approximately equivalent to a ship's captain. Gul is a command officer rank. Guls hold command ranging in size from vessels to Orders (approx. 500,000 personnel).

So, Omnigul is a Captain of Captains. ;):p:cool:

So doing a bit of reading in work and I came across this crota strategy for always having super when attacking him...

Basically at the very start before you stand on the summoning crystal everyone goes out and pops their super where crota will be when you attack (works best with 5 defender titans) you just keep popping supers and gathering orbs and then move to the second spot and do the same, this means when the sword bearer comes to hit crota there will be plenty of orbs where he is standing And this will charge his super attack every time he goes to hit the big ass!

Would work with our strategy we used last night generic

This is ImANoob by the way

SeanHarty wrote: »
    So doing a bit of reading in work and I came across this crota strategy for always having super when attacking him...

Basically at the very start before you stand on the summoning crystal everyone goes out and pops their super where crota will be when you attack (works best with 5 defender titans) you just keep popping supers and gathering orbs and then move to the second spot and do the same, this means when the sword bearer comes to hit crota there will be plenty of orbs where he is standing And this will charge his super attack every time he goes to hit the big ass!

Would work with our strategy we used last night generic

This is ImANoob by the way

There's no reason NOT to do this I guess.
    And I'm all for anything we can strategically do with no risk *cough cough supers for the Thrallway next time cough cough*

Cormac... wrote: »
    And I'm all for anything we can strategically do with no risk *cough cough supers for the Thrallway next time cough cough*

I have no idea what your talking about... 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Cormac... wrote: »

Obsidian mind and Nova Bomb split into 3 worked wonders for me yesterday. I just waited till there were a lot of thralls chasing us, and Nova Bombed them, and the super was instantly recharged.

Will be interesting to try it with Bad Juju, as I have done the 25 strikes part.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Benzino wrote: »
    Since somebody posted about the Blessing of the Gift emblem last week, I decided I would try it out. Since I've gotten the universal remote, vex and Ghorn (along with crota's fusion and scout rifle). Probably nothing, but I'm not changing it haha.

that was me I think..I swapped it out for the Eris emblem but must get it back on asap.
    As for the weekly strike it's pretty easy with a hunter with invisiblilty perks to solo it. Must give it a blast on nightfall later on..

Blazer wrote: »
    that was me I think..I swapped it out for the Eris emblem but must get it back on asap.
    As for the weekly strike it's pretty easy with a hunter with invisiblilty perks to solo it. Must give it a blast on nightfall later on..

Load of people swear by that one and the belssig of the sentinel one as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

I currently have 53 motes of light.

Anyone any idea what I should do with these.

I think I remember from my last encounter with Xur that I might be able to get Exotic Engrams from him.

If so, should I do this or is there somewhere else worthwhile to spend them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Xur sells legendary engrams every now and then for motes of light. Iron Banner uses them for purchasing the XP Buff and re-rolling weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Omnigul downed in super quick time. The joy of the G'Horn

That's nuts.

• Advertisement

I currently have 53 motes of light.

Anyone any idea what I should do with these.

I think I remember from my last encounter with Xur that I might be able to get Exotic Engrams from him.

If so, should I do this or is there somewhere else worthwhile to spend them?

Exotic Engrams every 2nd week or so from Xur.
    Re-Roll existing or bought Iron Banner weapons (you'll know them if you have them for the most parts)
    Buy some stuff from the Speaker who some people believe gives you a better chance of X happening/dropping etc

This is how I like to keep on top of whats happening exotic wise :pac:

NXGYSGG.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Still pissed at last nights Crota's End. The man himself decided to be glitchy as f**k. His armor would empty and then refill straightaway, we couldn't get at him.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,152 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Still pissed at last nights Crota's End. The man himself decided to be glitchy as f**k. His armor would empty and then refill straightaway, we couldn't get at him.

When that starts happening the best thing to do is go to orbit, seems to sort out some of the buginess for a while at least.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    When that starts happening the best thing to do is go to orbit, seems to sort out some of the buginess for a while at least.

And if that doesn't work, change game hosts

Any Vault of Glass Newbies or players around level 26-29 looking to do the VoG Normal Mode on Saturday?
    I'll be taking a team of new people through (as i do most weeks). PM me on PSN if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Why is the vex max attack only 323?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,821 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Benzino wrote: »
    Why is the vex max attack only 323?

It was the highest attack gun in the game pre DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

emmetkenny wrote: »
    It was the highest attack gun in the game pre DLC.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

To MinglingCrabs: Where'd you go man? We party kicked you and re-invited you to try to fix your NAT issues, but you vanished.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I finally finished the Pocket Infinity Exotic bounty. Not sure how much use it is going to get but a fusion rifle that has an auto-fire mode sounds cool. Might be good in the Crucible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

ok

so my head is about to explode.

Finished 5 Nightfalls, heroics, 3 crotas hard, and 3 VoG hard plus 6 dailys in 24 hours... I need a break

Nothing interesting apart from raid weapons and montecarlo.

CE weapons seem to drop very easily, I still remember the time where it could take weeks before a fatebringer would drop in VoG!

Lost interest in CE, but I will need to focus on my Xb1 now and attempt it with it, need to level up a few bits first so I can get my orb regen etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement