Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

Thomas16 wrote: »
    Thank you..

Are You sure, because our solar grid producing 4-5 KWh now a days. I don't think, normal house use these full energy for the day time.

Thank You

I'm probably asking a stupid question. I've yet to research into all this but I have taken down those links (thank you) for when I get the time soon.

Q: I'm in Hansfiled, so the same system as all. Do I need to turn anything on to allow the panels to assist i.e. Is there any need be adjusting anything or are they set up to be automatically assisting to the energy used throughout the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

Collyb101 wrote: »
    I'm probably asking a stupid question. I've yet to research into all this but I have taken down those links (thank you) for when I get the time soon.

Q: I'm in Hansfiled, so the same system as all. Do I need to turn anything on to allow the panels to assist i.e. Is there any need be adjusting anything or are they set up to be automatically assisting to the energy used throughout the house?

Hi,

For my case, it was already ON.

You can check this in the Solar converter (in the heater room), there are two rotating knobs (Black (input) & red (output)) should be pointing to "ON" position.

I think, that's all needed...

Thank You

Hi,

You can check this in the Solar converter (in the heater room), there are two rotating knobs (Black (input) & red (output)) should be pointing to "ON" position.

Thank You

I'll be checking that this evening, thanks Thomas.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Hi, any would be Barnwell Grove members have any idea or information regarding the completion of houses?...I was told the Barnwell Grove can get delayed due to the wall need to be built for secondary school(boundary wall)...any one with information regarding planning permission for the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 t1mmyf

userduluth wrote: »
    Hi, any would be Barnwell Grove members have any idea or information regarding the completion of houses?...I was told the Barnwell Grove can get delayed due to the wall need to be built for secondary school(boundary wall)...any one with information regarding planning permission for the wall?
    I drove by it on my way home this evening and the green fence had been half taken down so they're starting on the wall, or at least clearing the ground to start on it. None of the builders will give us a date (we've asked repeatedly). But I'd be guessing it'll be the middle of June based on what's left to do still up there. The finishing foreman said May/June to us about a month ago now. So I'm hoping it's around then! What number Grove are you?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 harroll

userduluth wrote: »

One of the builders told us last week that they'd be ready July or after

harroll wrote: »

Which launch did you purchase in can I ask?

ppl who bought last year in OCT will get it by July and rest later as per my information but all depends on how fast they build the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Energy1

Hi,

Thank You

At night on the Inverter does your panel show indicate no lights are green? Mine had a fault the other day but it went away and tonight it looks "dead" no light or anything are showing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 harroll

t1mmyf wrote: »
    Which launch did you purchase in can I ask?

I bought in the February launch

• Advertisement

I bought in the February launch
    Ah very nice! Oct is July then, interesting. I'm one of those. Just want in at this stage!

I went there yesterday and noticed they started building the wall between secondary school and Barnwell Houses

Energy1 wrote: »
    At night on the Inverter does your panel show indicate no lights are green? Mine had a fault the other day but it went away and tonight it looks "dead" no light or anything are showing anything.

No, Night time, the converter would be switched off.
    This is actually DC to AC converter, works only when panels work.

Check on day time, there would be a green light under "Run".

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Energy1

No, Night time, the converter would be switched off.
    This is actually DC to AC converter, works only when panels work.

Check on day time, there would be a green light under "Run".

Thanks for that, I would have expected some indication it was available to operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

Hi all,
    Does anyone has a good cleaner to suggest?

Please PM me if you have someone to refer, cheers!

lunamia wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Does anyone has a good cleaner to suggest?

Please PM me if you have someone to refer, cheers!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 5 timisatom

Hi all, I would like to buy in Barnwell, next release.
    I have read through the threads here and hansfield woods and I have a question. With two parking slots in front of the house and roads so narrow, how are people getting friends to park? I am not talking wedding reception here, I am thinking two or three cars for the old barbecue and couple beers ;)

timisatom wrote: »
    Hi all, I would like to buy in Barnwell, next release.
    I have read through the threads here and hansfield woods and I have a question. With two parking slots in front of the house and roads so narrow, how are people getting friends to park? I am not talking wedding reception here, I am thinking two or three cars for the old barbecue and couple beers ;)

This is a decent question.
    I think my drive probably has room for three cars if I maneuver them correctly but aren't the spaces located in front of the town houses free to use for anyone in the estate? i.e. these are not owned or assigned to any individual and technically would work on a first come first served bases?
    I'd really like some other views on these?????

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭alexf1

Plenty of parking at the train station and outside the schools!

The lack of space for guest parking is a bit of a nightmare. I'm sure everyone would love it if nobody parked outside their house or on the footpath but I'm not sure how it will work in reality. My parents estate is all semi-d houses with larger front gardens and it's literally full of cars. Every house will have a car parked outside, half up on the footpath or grass verge. Probably due to so many kids with cars still living with parents so lots of houses have 3 or 4 cars. Because there's simply no room for this in Barnwell hopefully it will force people to avoid parking on the road/footpath. There are only a few spaces for this anyway judging by the plans.

alexf1 wrote: »
    Plenty of parking at the train station and outside the schools!

The lack of space for guest parking is a bit of a nightmare. I'm sure everyone would love it if nobody parked outside their house or on the footpath but I'm not sure how it will work in reality. My parents estate is all semi-d houses with larger front gardens and it's literally full of cars. Every house will have a car parked outside, half up on the footpath or grass verge. Probably due to so many kids with cars still living with parents so lots of houses have 3 or 4 cars. Because there's simply no room for this in Barnwell hopefully it will force people to avoid parking on the road/footpath. There are only a few spaces for this anyway judging by the plans.

The Train Station is too remote ATM. Although this area is great, there are still vehicles that get broke into from time to time. Leaving your car at that train station is a really bad idea if you ask me.

It must be a nightmare for individuals coming home and not having a space outside their homes in Barnwell or anywhere else. But many of those spaces are not technically owned and therefore I want to ask residents, can anyone park in these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

I want to ask residents, can anyone park in these?

Anybody with a residence or visitor permit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

1123heavy wrote: »
    I want to ask residents, can anyone park in these?

Anybody with a residence or visitor permit
    Is permit parking still a requirement in Barnwell?  They attempted that in Ongar Wood a couple of years ago but scrapped it after one or maybe two years.  There is far more common area parking in and around parts of Ongar.  The only downside with no permit parking here is that it seems to encourage the abandoning of cars and some people using it for free storage of white vans when not in use. (unless every second resident in Ongar is an actual van driver which seems unlikely!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭1123heavy

ongarboy wrote: »
    Is permit parking still a requirement in Barnwell?  They attempted that in Ongar Wood a couple of years ago but scrapped it after one or maybe two years.  There is far more common area parking in and around parts of Ongar.  The only downside with no permit parking here is that it seems to encourage the abandoning of cars and some people using it for free storage of white vans when not in use. (unless every second resident in Ongar is an actual van driver which seems unlikely!!)

You could actually be right. We were issued them over a year ago, some guys used to come around every now and again and make sure only permit holders were parked etc but it all seems to have suddenly stopped.

I have mine on the car just in case. If you are resident and were never sent any then it would be safe to assume they've stopped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

1123heavy wrote:
    I have mine on the car just in case. If you are resident and were never sent any then it would be safe to assume they've stopped it.

You might have noticed that the signs which said "permit holders parking only " are now removed too. I saw em being removed a couple of month ago. It could be to do with the council taking over the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 timisatom

I've seen estates where over time the only option people have, is park partially on the pavements which is wrong for so many reasons. I am thinking I might buy a house here in the future but this is something that I thing the residents should discuss with the developer, because it will become an annoying issue as the estate grows..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 danb85

Has anyone that got their keys recently gone with Sky for Broadband? I am trying to but they cant find the line and they need eircom to provide the ARD key, which eircom are refusing to do, so just wondering if anyone else went with sky and how did they get around this issue.

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good garden shed?

Thank You

Hi any update on the houses in Barnwell Grove as to when they will be completed? I was told end of July...any other update from any one

ONGAR VILLAGE
    Can anyone explain to me why there is so much side road rubbish in Ongar Village?
    Sign on entry says 'Tidy Towns Ongar Village' then all you see is litter everywhere.
    Whos to blame for the eye sore???????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 jdp2017

Hi, i have bought in barnwell grove and will be doing our snaglist on monday. I am now trying to roughly budget for when we move in. Can any resident tell me roughly what gas and electric are costing them per month?

I know everyone's usage will be different but its a good point to start.

Thanks

Advertisement