Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Bought this converter, it just arrived in the post today

http://www.szprice.com/products/3-in-1-Comverter-PSX-and-PS2-to-PC-USB-X-box-Gamecube_2869.html

Funny thing, looks like a little Xbox. Anyone else have it already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Do you want to only replace the spring?
    The stick in TEs (and HRAPs) is a Sanwa JLF; check this thread for more info.

You could print your new art and have it laminated - should only cost around a fiver.
    Just make sure it's printed on A3 and double-check dimensions before cutting/laminating.

thanks for the info man

ahh i just read if you throw another spring in with the stock one you get a bit of a stiffer stick?

a 5 aint bad at all for a alternative :D where would i go for this service?

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Heat and friction arent great for laminate's thats the only downside to this, but its so much cheaper than the plexi route its probably worth the compromise.

when you say heat and friction, could u go into a bit more detail?
    comfort is key to me as i only have one stick

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Bought this converter, it just arrived in the post today

http://www.szprice.com/products/3-in-1-Comverter-PSX-and-PS2-to-PC-USB-X-box-Gamecube_2869.html

Funny thing, looks like a little Xbox. Anyone else have it already?

I have something similar. It converts to the same things, but may not be the same brand.

Mine only worked as Player 2 on PS3 for some reason though and the buttons were all swapped for the one next to them.

Worked fine on the old xbox, GC and PC though.

Also works fine on Wii for TvC and GG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Worked fine on the old xbox, GC and PC though.

Also works fine on Wii for TvC and GG.

It's to use a PS1 stick on GC and Wii mainly.

I think between my two sticks now, I have ONE that will work on every console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Mine only worked as Player 2 on PS3 for some reason though and the buttons were all swapped for the one next to them.
    Did you check to make sure there were any buttons on the device you may have pressed accidentally? I know you've had issues with that sort of thing in the past.

anyone use arcadeforge.de before?
    trying to find somewhere in europe to do plexi for my te? (if anyone knows anyone better be helpfull)
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

anyone use arcadeforge.de before?
    trying to find somewhere in europe to do plexi for my te? (if anyone knows anyone better be helpfull)
    thanks
    ArcadeForge is trustworthy; haven't used him myself though.

Also, send him an email first about plexi availability, just-in-case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Anyone know any HMV that still has a 360 fightpad in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

when you say heat and friction, could u go into a bit more detail?
    comfort is key to me as i only have one stick

Well I did the laminate before, and the way I play the heel of my hand rests below the buttons, and I slide the heel constalty left to right. After just a couple of weeks the lamiate started to bubble and peel away. Mostly because of the way I play though.

I went with the plexi from arcade forge before and I still have it in perfect condition, I would definitley recommend them. But as Kiki say's check with him first as he gets very busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sairus wrote: »
    Did you check to make sure there were any buttons on the device you may have pressed accidentally? I know you've had issues with that sort of thing in the past.

Sairus, you know I'm the guy who fixes those problems.

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Well I did the laminate before, and the way I play the heel of my hand rests below the buttons, and I slide the heel constalty left to right. After just a couple of weeks the lamiate started to bubble and peel away. Mostly because of the way I play though.

I went with the plexi from arcade forge before and I still have it in perfect condition, I would definitley recommend them. But as Kiki say's check with him first as he gets very busy.

thanks man. ill go with the plexi so.yea i seen your blanka one the other thread,shes nice, saldy arcade forge dont do art at the monment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

thanks man. ill go with the plexi so.yea i seen your blanka one the other thread,shes nice, saldy arcade forge dont do art at the monment :(

Throw your own artwork together and get it printed in Reads, cheaper and faster than any of the lads online.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Was there a particular type of card you had the artwork printed on from Reids?

I'd imagine trying to cut the holes out for buttons might be a little awkward with the more flimsy sort of paper...

Print it on glossy if you're doing plexi.

Print on regular paper if you're going laminate.

(just IMHO)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Was there a particular type of card you had the artwork printed on from Reids?

I'd imagine trying to cut the holes out for buttons might be a little awkward with the more flimsy sort of paper...

Unless you pick up one of these
    https://www.petenplanes.com.au/tools-gadgets/tools-gadgets/hobbico-circle-cutter-hcar0230/prod_77.html
    I got one delivered for about 4 euros on ebay a while back.

where is this reads/reids?
    could they doin it on the spot or would i have to come back?
    ill be gettin plexi so i think ill stick with the advice given and get in printed on glossy paper

that tools seems usefull too, i was also worried about the button cutting, this might be my solution, thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Reads is on Nassau Street in Dublin. Runs perpendicular to grafton street if you don't know the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I have a spare 6 button plexi going a begging if ya want it.

thanks for the offer man but im going to stick to a 8 button layout for this stick

• Advertisement

could anyone confirm the start and select buttons on ssf4 te stick are OBSF-24 ? i know the normal 8 buttons are 30mm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I certainly can.

Yreval wrote: »
    I certainly can.

ive read they can be a bita pain to get out compared to the other buttons but it will annoy me if left them white when the rest wont be

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I'll take it off your hands if it's going!

*Sent a pm*

Monkeyto wrote: »
    I'll take it off your hands if it's going!

*Sent a pm*

God dammit! The one day I don't check the stick thread D:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'm going ordering the qanba q4-raf stick and I get a free gift a choice between:

a clear plexi cover
    sanwa gt-y octagonal gate
    sanwa lb-30n bat top handle

What would ye recommend?

mackg wrote: »
    I'm going ordering the qanba q4-raf stick and I get a free gift a choice between:

a clear plexi cover
    sanwa gt-y octagonal gate
    sanwa lb-30n bat top handle

What would ye recommend?

I'd go for the plexi.
    I have no interest in an oct-gate and I've never hugely liked bat tops, so it's an easy choice for me! :pac:

Plexi, definitely.

The other 2 are crap add-ons TBH, and can be ordered from any parts store for a fiver each (and even then, why bother?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Gotta ask does anyone know of somewhere that does plexis for my Hrap V3, i looked quite a bit and only thing i could find was some dude on SRK, but postage from america to here would be killer for something that size :(

Advertisement