Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yeah sure! I'll pop in tomorrow evening and pick mario kart up. I have rumble so just pokepark would be fine.

I'll get them to check in the morning to get it. Hopefully it's still there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Went into Tesco Maynooth earlier, no sign of any of these deals. :(

Saved me a trip, cheers!

Also if anyone is interested new copies of Wii Music are 4 euro (6 including delivery) from gamestop.ie.

http://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=Wii+Music

Yeah sure! I'll pop in tomorrow evening and pick mario kart up. I have rumble so just pokepark would be fine.

There doesn't seem to be anything left. Sorry :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Only a few bits in Ashbourne, best of it seems to be The Last Story for the Wii for a fiver. I picked up Soul Calibur V for the PS3 myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Think Last Story was down as €45 in Maynooth when I was there last night. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Only a few bits in Ashbourne, best of it seems to be The Last Story for the Wii for a fiver. I picked up Soul Calibur V for the PS3 myself.

Sorry to commit the faux pas of quoting myself, but I posted my last message in the queue and, since then, the minion told me that it was, in fact, out of stock :(
    Bugger!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Quick question for anyone who has the last story, is there a booklet with the game? Tesco had only one copy and it doesn't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Tesco.....
    Better get my old pyjamas out!

Think Last Story was down as €45 in Maynooth when I was there last night. :(

If you had brought it up, it is likely that it would have scanned at €5.

I saw Nintendogs and Cats, but they were at normal price, are they, in fact, discounted as well?
    How can one check without going to the register?

• Advertisement

Got a second copy of the last story with a booklet. You need to head to the counter and check, got a copy of super street fighter 4 for 5squid too. Also OOT gives you 24 cash in Cex. Thats a lot of profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I have a spare copy of the last story if anyone wants it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,716 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

****loads of games left in Dundrum, including plenty of Mario Karts. Pretty much all the 3ds games are gone though. Plenty of 360 and PS3 stuff however.

****loads of games left in Dundrum, including plenty of Mario Karts. Pretty much all the 3ds games are gone though. Plenty of 360 and PS3 stuff however.

Any copies of metroid trilogy left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I have a spare copy of the last story if anyone wants it.
    Would it be so bold if I asked for this?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Will check my local tesco tomorrow, for a 3DS OOT or Mario Kart.. i'd imagine it's cleared out though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,716 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Parawind wrote: »
    Any copies of metroid trilogy left?

Nope, afraid not!

A lot of shovelware (animal games ending with the letter 'z' comprised most of the DS section), but quite a few decent games there too assuming one doesn't already have them. The likes of Witcher 2 and Dark Souls were there for great prices, also Da Blob 2 on DS for 3 euro. If you want to fill a few gaps in your 360/PS3 collection, I'm sure there's a few worthwhile games there. I only picked up a Mario Kart (there was around ten of them there) and a copy of Tomb Raider Underworld for 5, probably a few more I would have picked up but have spent too much on games recently!

Very few Nintendo first party releases still there, however - I'm sure they've all been well swept up for further selling :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Would it be so bold if I asked for this?!

Sorry dude, both gone! I'll pick up more if I come across them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I saw Nintendogs and Cats, but they were at normal price, are they, in fact, discounted as well?
    How can one check without going to the register?

Some places will have a self scanner on the isles somewhere.

Or failing that just bring a bunch of stuff to the self service checkouts and then cancel the order.

• Advertisement

MrVestek wrote: »
    Some places will have a self scanner on the isles somewhere.

Or failing that just bring a bunch of stuff to the self service checkouts and then cancel the order.

I did that in the original Tesco rush, ya know back before it got popular.

Nothing was reduced on shelf, so I brought up a copy of each 3DS and got here to scan them all.

'That's 5 euro"
    "Ill get that so"
    "This one is 40, you getting that one?"
    "not a hope, please continue."

Had a quick look in cex (limerick) this morning and they have a load of metroid trilogies! guess someone got a haul in tesco's, never seen a copy in cex before, all looked new too!!

Had a quick look in cex (limerick) this morning and they have a load of metroid trilogies! guess someone got a haul in tesco's, never seen a copy in cex before, all looked new too!!

should have picked up one, how much are they?

€35, already have a copy so not bothered, decent price I suppose, not as decent as a fiver though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Nothing much left. Picked up around 7 Xbox games I'd been wanting to play and a couple Wii titles like Nights/Metroid other m for €5.

Double post

This happened with skyway sword and Kirby's epic yarn in Waterford. Sickened as I wanted to play through them again and missed them.

Only bought a copy of metroid in cex in okish condition for that price, would have been over the moon to get a new copy for €5. Maybe next time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Danonino. wrote: »
    This happened with skyway sword and Kirby's epic yarn in Waterford. Sickened as I wanted to play through them again and missed them.

Only bought a copy of metroid in cex in okish condition for that price, would have been over the moon to get a new copy for €5. Maybe next time

Now I know who's been poaching around the place!

Now I know who's been poaching around the place!

I think I've the whole county of Clare to myself. It's grand loads of leg room

• Advertisement

Been trying to find a new copy for ages for a reasonable price.

Any chance you'd be back there any time soon?

If so and you'd be willing to pick up a copy and post it, I'd happily cover the costs and give you an extra tenner for the trouble.

Tesco in Thurles had 10 metroids yesterday. Ten like. Ten.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Tesco in Thurles had 10 metroids yesterday. Ten like. Ten.

And you left them all there because....:D

Hmm 156km might be a little to far for me :(

Parawind wrote: »
    And you left them all there because....:D

Hmm 156km might be a little to far for me :(

Because I wasn't there, it was a friend of my brother. Gone now.

In other news my brother traded in his metroid trilogy for call of duty last year. He got €10 trade in. What a jackass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Full DJ Hero set left in Tesco in Tallaght earlier today when I was there, for Xbox 360 for €10.

It wasn't in the gaming section but rather somebody had left it near the entrance.

I didn't get it because I already have the set. Get it before it's gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Just posting again in case anyone is out in Tesco today. If you see Castlevania and Metroid, I'd be super grateful if someone could pick them up for me. Cash waiting to send immediately plus postage etc.

Much appreciated if anyone can help. Thanks a mil. :)

• Advertisement

Has anyone checked out Balbriggan Tesco yet?
    I might nip up there this morning but don't want to go if there's nothing to see!
    Retr0, help a guy out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If anyone spots a LoZ Spirit Tracks, would they mind picking it up for me? :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Metroids in naas. I'll pick up a spare to trade for 3ds games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

keithgeo wrote: »
    Metroids in naas. I'll pick up a spare to trade for 3ds games.

Any chance you could pick one up for me please? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,829 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Has anyone checked out Balbriggan Tesco yet?
    I might nip up there this morning but don't want to go if there's nothing to see!
    Retr0, help a guy out!

I'll call down soon. Don't get your hopes up.

• Advertisement

STG.Otaku wrote: »

Yeh got 3 of them in case. Anyone got any spare 3ds games they got and want to trade?

STG.Otaku wrote: »

Yeh got 3 of them in case. Anyone got any spare 3ds games they got and want to trade?

I have resident evil mercs and tekken?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I have resident evil mercs and tekken?

The metroids where ten euro in naas? Did someone say they where a five?

Hey, have resident evil mercs and tekken already dude! sorry!

The metroids where ten euro in naas? Did someone say they where a five?

Yeah €5 in Dundrum & other stores I think. Still though, even a tenner is a serious bargain

Yeh they where a tenner, i bought 3 of them haha..

20140420_132143-1.jpg

Were there any copies of LoZ Spirit Tracks there Keith?

No had a look for you didnt see them. lots of brain training, cooking mama, etc.. i got pilotwings and the kid got super pokemon rumble. they had good few other ps3 games. duke nukem on the xbox 360, about 30 of them.

did anyone get mario kart on the 3ds? anyone want to trade a new one of them for metroid?

I'm up here in Tesco Balbriggan now, seems like a lot of 360/PS3 stuff but any decent 3DS stuff is gone.
    Loads if Last Story for the Wii though but not much else.
    I might get Dirt 3 and something else for the hell of it, seeing as I'm here!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement