Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Bikes Thread - Mod Note please read post #1 before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Put in lights, CCTV and an alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jmcmen

Jmcmen wrote: »
    Here I am again.......Lucky number 3!!!!

Mens Focus Mountain bike (White and Blue Frame) with Kids hamex seat attached and ladies Felt Hybrid Bike, Black Frame with Kids Hamex seat attached to back stolen last night from Shed in Carpenderstown Dublin 15 last night.

Lock on shed snipped, heavy duty Motorbike lock snipped, Kriptonite lock snipped.

Any sightings of the above I would appreciate it.

Thanks, J

Thanks for the advice folks. Turns out they must have taken the two together with the motorbike lock on them. Along with Garden tools and chainsaw.

Attached is a picture of the bikes.

No playground on the bike tomorrow :-(

Thanks again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Sad times, my Vitus Vee 29er got taken from beside the house last night. Second hand and not an expensive bike but I used it for shopping and dropping one of the kids to creche.

This means no more creche drops by bike and and added hour onto the day.

House is off the road and I was tired last night so didn't lock it up.

Based in South Bray, I have three suspects and am popping down to the Gardai later.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jmcmen

rob w wrote: »
    That sucks, sorry to hear that! That’s 3 bikes stolen? In how long?

I had a number of bikes stolen from my shed overnight last month and have beefed up security since.
    Now have and additional stronger lock x 2 on the door and I have reinforced the wall/door with extra timber and added some sensor lights.
    Inside is a sheffield stand bolted down to concrete blocks, an alarm and the bikes are locked to the stand with a motorbike chain and a D-Lock.

It’s worrying to hear that they got through a motorbike chain and kryptonite lock – did they do this with a grinder or bolt cutters?
    Was it done quietly or were you not around to hear?

There was no sign of either lock. The Garda Forensics lad reckoned there was 4-5 of them. Probably carried the bikes with the two locks and threw them over the back wall into the School and off into a van.
    Took my chainsaw and brand new 4in1 petrol strimmer. None covered by insurance either.

Did the neighbours shed and took a bike and lawnmower too.

On the noise thing, I have 2 young kids 3 and under and they have been sick past 2 weeks. It was the first night that Mrs Mc and I both slept through the night in about 10days....sods law eh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

I get the impression from what I'm hearing around that there's a gang involved, clearing out several sheds in a suburb and loading the bikes into a van, then moving on to the next suburb. I hope the ports are being well inspected for vans full of bikes.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Posting on behalf of a "friend";)

Grey bike stolen from outside Dublin passport office. In addition to its quite bland greyness, I believe it had 2 wheels, a saddle and handlebars

I would suggest anyone knowing anything about this contacts the owner directly

If you stole it, I cannot be held responsible for anything that may come of you once he's caught up with you

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Healy Rea is going to be on the Tonight Show soon talking about his loss :pac:

CramCycle wrote: »
    Sad times, my Vitus Vee 29er got taken from beside the house last night. Second hand and not an expensive bike but I used it for shopping and dropping one of the kids to creche.

This means no more creche drops by bike and and added hour onto the day.

House is off the road and I was tired last night so didn't lock it up.

Based in South Bray, I have three suspects and am popping down to the Gardai later.

6Tj5edn.jpg

Kryptonite holder is now a hamax child seat holder. It also looks a fair bit older. Also no back brake pads as i had taken them off to replace. Gardai have been very good but no sign. The Garda looking into it took a copy of the bike pic, wrote some details and stuck a copy in each of the cars in the station. I am loosing hope. It was a cheap bike but not being able to take my kid to creche or the playground on it anymore is actually bugging me quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

That's ****.

This guy has been charged and has a court date pending for (allegedly) attempting to steal my bike. That is my leg holding him down.

The Guards have actually followed up and told me that he has been charged with theft and criminal damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

The Guards have actually followed up and told me that he has been charged with theft and criminal damage.

Looks like it'll just add to a long list and won't deter the offender.
    Nice to see something's being done though.

That's ****.

This guy has been charged and has a court date pending for (allegedly) attempting to steal my bike. That is my leg holding him down.

MOD VOICE: Sorry LollipopJimmy, but as you say, it is still alleged.

CramCycle wrote: »
    MOD VOICE: Sorry LollipopJimmy, but as you say, it is still alleged.

No worries, I thought it was safe once he's been charged.

No worries, I thought it was safe once he's been charged.

Your grand, if it was in the papers or there was an independent source then it would be fine, but (and I know your not), for all I know you could be posting a picture of your brother in law who you do not like just to paint him in a bad light.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Hi all, had my Specialized Tarmac Expert stolen form the shed over the weekend. If anybody spots it for sale online (unlikely) or is approached please let me know.
    I don't have the serial number but the real distinguishing feature is the setup. Its running an FSA Gossamer crankset, rear cassette is an 11-25 with 105 shifter but the thumb shifters are Tiagra so bit of a mishmash. That's really how to distinguish, cant imagine there are many of these models around especially with a mix of components like that.
    The tyres are different too, they have a yellow stripe down the middle. So different from the photo, cant remember the brand.
    I'm sure its a 2007 model by the way if that's any use.

Thanks all.

DSC_0240.JPG
    (Cant't figure out how to display attachments in the thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

If anyone saw a few clotheslines thrown in Saggart yesterday that was me successfully defending Betsy, my Argon 18, against 2 scoundrels (and 2/3 waiting in a car) who tried to make off with her outside a chemist whilst I waited for a prescription. these would be thieving scumbags jumped outta the car stopped at lights and ran with away with the bike. when i chased after and it was put up to them, Betsy was dropped, thankfully she is ok, and they scarpered back into their waiting car which was hilariously still stuck behind slow moving traffic.

the love of a cyclist for his bike.

Be vigilant. the love of your life can be taken in seconds by dumbasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

DiFHA-DWsAAqjuX.jpg:medium
    Now with added photo! Some halfwit stole my bike in Dublin city centre yesterday. Bianchi Sempre Celeste, 55cm. Shimano 105 groupset. If anyone tries to sell it to you, let me know. Reward! Please RT.
    https://twitter.com/kiliandoyle/status/1018173086678638594

Distinctive enough bike, easy to keep an eye for. Probably in a 40ft round from Parnell....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 florinaB

My mountain bike got stolen the night of 15 July, from the front yard in Dublin 6. The model is a RADON ZR 7.0 Lady, colour is distinctive: turquoise with coral pink on sides. Please keep an eye. Thanks a lot good people.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭nailik

Some halfwit stole my bike in Dublin city centre on Friday. Bianchi Sempre Celeste, 55cm. Shimano 105 groupset. If anyone tries to sell it to you, let me know. Reward!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,328 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ED E beat you to it...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Friend of mine had his bike stolen today. Hybrid Focus, left at 2.02 stolen at 2.07 by a older man. Left on bike rack on the avenue at whitewater shopping center. Only got it for his birthday last week.

456622.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

"Gardai would like to reunite this bike with its rightful owner which was recovered on 21st July . Its a FOCUS VARIADO and you can contact Garda Richard Carolan in Santry Garda station on 01-6664053 if you own it or need further information"

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hopkinsd

My dearly beloved bicycle, a 2013 model black-and-red Giant Rapid 3, was stolen from inside a friend's house on the Crumlin road between 1.30pm and 3.00pm yesterday afternoon (Friday, 27th July).

**I have pictures, but as a new user I can't attach. Please see httpsCOLONSLASHSLASHimgurDOTcomSLASHaSLASHpdJogb2 **

I left her there overnight after a few too many at a barbecue on Thursday evening. She was sitting comfortably in the hall when one friend went upstairs for a nap at 1.30pm. His housemate was heading home for the weekend and forgot to lock the front door as he left... at 3pm, the bike had vanished without a trace, only adding more misery to my dreary hungover morning. Nothing else had been stolen. She was registered with the Gardai in Donnybrook since I first got her (stung too many times cycling in this city). Serial number is GS3G3212.

If you wonderful, vigilant folks could keep an eye out on the usual spots I'd be massively grateful; she has served me well these past 4+ years. It's heartbreaking to have another good bike nicked, I've been unbelievably careful since my last theft in 2013. Wrong place, wrong time :(

Cheers

hopkinsd wrote: »

**I have pictures, but as a new user I can't attach. Please see httpsCOLONSLASHSLASHimgurDOTcomSLASHaSLASHpdJogb2 **
    Here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

0.jpg

I found one of these, in Cabinteely park this morning.

The skewers are missing front and back (maybe it was dumped?!)

If anyone recognises it, I'd like to return it to it's rightful owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭efwren

Hi All,

Just arrived back from a 2 week holiday this morning to find the shed lock busted open and my 2014 Giant Defy 2 gone. It had been locked in the shed.

Its a 2014 black/silver giant defy size M/L. Black/white giant saddle. Only distinguishing features are I had replaced the standard Giant stem with a shortened 3T stem

Shimano SPD SL pedals with a lot of scratch marks.

Bike is also fitted with Wahoo cadence sensor although that may not still be on it.

Attached are two photos, not particularly great or a lot to go I know.

If anybody comes across something similar for sale I would appreciate being let know.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

https://www.herald.ie/news/teenage-thief-stole-five-bikes-and-friend-sold-four-of-them-online-37205304.html
    McDonald, of Greenhills Court, Tallaght, admitted multiple counts of unauthorised taking of bikes from the same address at Bushy Park, Terenure, in July and August last year…

Dublin District Court heard he went to the address in Terenure on July 9 last year, entered the shed and stole a Giant mountain bike and cross bike, worth €700 each.

He returned on July 24 and stole a Carabela road bike worth €1,400. This was never recovered.

On August 17 or 18, he went back and took a Giant mountain bike and Lapierre road bike.

The court heard the shed was locked but the defendant popped the lock and got in.

Also:
    Remarking that they were "opportunistic" crimes, Judge Alan Mitchell fined him €350.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

****ing judges live in their own bizzaro world. Had he walked by an open shed with an unlocked bike, once, and stole it, that would be opportunistic.

Coming back several times is premeditated and planned.

Advertisement