Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Drink Bargain Alerts!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

In Molloy's ballyogan today they had some trouble brewing and ballast point beers short dated for €1 each

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Supervalu had "La Unica" a Spanish red for €20 ! It retails at €80 in Spain and £105 sterling. They had very limited stock. I now have a "good" stock to lay down.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Maxed-irl

Jameson caskmates 70cl 25 lids in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

Maxed-irl wrote: »

Also, in case not posted already

Jameson Crested is €25
    Jameson Black Barrel is €30

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Maxed-irl wrote: »
    dmc17 wrote: »
    Also, in case not posted already

Jameson Crested is €25
    Jameson Black Barrel is €30

Anyone care to rate these? I have a €10 off €50 voucher. Have had the Caskmates IPA before and was quite taken with it. Am thinking the Stout and Blackbarrel for €45 is the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

stimpson wrote: »
    Anyone care to rate these? I have a €10 off €50 voucher. Have had the Caskmates IPA before and was quite taken with it. Am thinking the Stout and Blackbarrel for €45 is the way to go.

Haven't had the Caskmates but the Crested I would recommend along with the Black Barrel

• Registered Users Posts: 28,292 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The Crested is a really nice whiskey but is often on offer... makes more sense to try the Black Barrel and Caskmates Stout.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Maxed-irl

I like the stout it's very smooth and nice to drink neat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,542 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Was in my local Lidl earlier. Big bunch of wine reduced to €5 a bottle to clear. Mostly decent stuff too, from their occasional range: a Bordeaux AOP (had it before - nice), a Castillon, a Madiran, a Cotes du Rhone Villages (having it now - lovely), a Loire white and one or two others, plus some from the core range. The occasional stuff would have retailed at €10 - €15 originally in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

6 cans of Helles lager by Larkns for €10 in Carryout Clongriffin.

They also have Stone Scorpion Bowl IPA (750ml) for €5 (was €3 the last time it was on special)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

Guinness West Indies Porter is 4 for €9 in Lidl.

Assume most posters here follow the booze alert thread in Bargain Alerts but if not.

Franziskaner is back on 4 for €6 from Thurs 4th - Wed 10th April - lidl

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109795954&postcount=5709

• Registered Users Posts: 34,103 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Got a bottle of Black Bush yesterday in Tesco, €26

I had a 5 off 25 voucher, so got it for €21... now that's a bargain.

I was thinking of getting a Black Barrel, but it was a silly price something like €42. Should've got one when one of the supermarkets had it for €30 a while back.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Got a bottle of Black Bush yesterday in Tesco, €26

I had a 5 off 25 voucher, so got it for €21... now that's a bargain.

I was thinking of getting a Black Barrel, but it was a silly price something like €42. Should've got one when one of the supermarkets had it for €30 a while back.

I’m hoping the Tesco whiskey offers will be back for Easter. Got a Created and a Black Barrel for €40 with a €10 off voucher. And I still have one voucher left...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Picked up a 4 pack of Jet Black Heart in Tesco for €6, was the last pack of 4 with 2 loose cans beside it that looked like they were on the verge of exploding, mine seem fine so I'll find out when opening later lol

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

My local tesco ( Clarehall) have some vocation cans on special (€1.61 - €1.71).
    Hurricane by 8° €1.73
    Carraig bottles €2

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Brewdog 12 Can Selection pack is 12 quid in O'Briens

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Brewdog 12 Can Selection pack is 12 quid in O'Briens

None in the Blanchardstown store this evening. Might save someone a wasted trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Zaph wrote: »
    None in the Blanchardstown store this evening. Might save someone a wasted trip.

Obviously wont suit everyone, but a good few boxes sitting in the one in Dalkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I called into the Carlow store last Friday and they were all gone, but they are getting more in mid week. Dated BB July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Not sure if it's been posted here before, but Guinness Citra IPA is €12 for a case of 12 bottles (33cl) in O'Briens at the moment. A solid (if not spectacular) IPA at a a really good price IMO.

cathalj wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been posted here before, but Guinness Citra IPA is €12 for a case of 12 bottles (33cl) in O'Briens at the moment. A solid (if not spectacular) IPA at a a really good price IMO.

Citra is a nice drop from a macro. Would happily have it over The blandness that is Hop House. Will pick up a couple of cases to go with my brewdog packs.

cathalj wrote: »

It's nice alright, hasn't a patch on the Galway Bay Citra (weights and measures, I think?) which is dynamite. Easily the nicest Citr I've had and one of the better IPAs in general, IMO.

It's nice alright, hasn't a patch on the Galway Bay Citra (weights and measures, I think?) which is dynamite. Easily the nicest Citr I've had and one of the better IPAs in general, IMO.

W&M is €4 a can though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

This place seems a bargain if you get the right waiter :D:D

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-48292972

• Registered Users Posts: 34,103 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

A well-known scam, nearly got caught out on a work trip in Spain once.

The most expensive bottle on the list was about 20 times the price of anything else, which struck me as very suspicious, so as soon as the bottle came out I was on the lookout for it.

If it'd been opened they'd have stuck us with the bill and I wouldn't have fancied having an argument with the Guardia Civil over it.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭omicron

Short dated (end of June) brewdog punk IPA 330ml bottles are €1.77 in Tesco Midleton today.

Brewdog 12 packs back in stock in my local O’Briens. I bought another 2 just in case.

Brewdog 12 packs back in stock in my local O’Briens. I bought another 2 just in case.

None in Athlone did manage to get the last case of the Citra though. Would have much preferred the Brewdog though. Sales assistant didn't think they'd get anymore.

• Advertisement

Ryath wrote: »
    None in Athlone did manage to get the last case of the Citra though. Would have much preferred the Brewdog though. Sales assistant didn't think they'd get anymore.

No Citra in my local and guy behind the counter didn’t know about the deal. And that’s what I went in for.

Advertisement