Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish Accent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

G86 wrote: »
    Plus one for Donegal!! ;) I'm a sucker for Northern accents on guys!

Im from Monaghan and i got with a girl the other night from Dublin and she couldnt get over how hot the Monaghan accent was. Personally i dont hear it but if it floats your boat...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Northern accent. Any one of them.

Or a deep country accent. None of this high pitched squeeky stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

i love the nordie accents any of the north gets me goin+kerry emmmmmmmmmmm..anything to be said about offaly accent?................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................no!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

b12mearse wrote: »
    north dublin accent is the best.
    the inner city limerick accent is the evilest accent i have evr heard
    Well im glad you were able to have a go at Limerick, even though it was the exact opposite what the thread asked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Im from Monaghan and i got with a girl the other night from Dublin and she couldnt get over how hot the Monaghan accent was. Personally i dont hear it but if it floats your boat...

Never heard the Monaghan one I must admit - voice clip please?:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Not as thick (meaning heavy in this context , not stupid ) as i've heard them but none the less

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUg-_eXyty0&feature=PlayList&p=2C9F449CBE5E150F&index=2

DubMedic wrote: »
    Not as thick (meaning heavy in this context , not stupid ) as i've heard them but none the less

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUg-_eXyty0&feature=PlayList&p=2C9F449CBE5E150F&index=2

hmm..not so keen...has a kind of a 'farmers' ring to it!! I like the more belfast gravelly kind of accent...:p

hmm..not so keen...has a kind of a 'farmers' ring to it!! I like the more belfast gravelly kind of accent...:p
    worth to point out that that's a more light accent in contrast to the ones ive heard, i know a woman from monaghan and she is so attractive, all based on her accent.( And maybe coupled with the fact she wears no make up and is naturally good looking might have something to do with it too :) ) her accent is like a donegal one mixed with newry .. similar to louth border accents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I love the nordie accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

I work with a Monaghan girl with a beautiful soft Monaghan accent. We constantly tease her about her accent though, saying things like 'soft as the Irish fog' and 'she was the pride of Killeshandra'...hmmm, probably hates us.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

yup...have to jump on the bandwagon and say the donegal accent gets me going :p....
    anything to be saud for the waterford accent??....be kind lads :o lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

TriceMarie wrote: »
    yup...have to jump on the bandwagon and say the donegal accent gets me going :p....

Nothing to be said about the Waterford accent,but come up to Donegal and I'll talk the ear off ya;)

:pac:

:p mmm..like the sound of that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Trust me G86,there are 2 monaghan accents,one is that link (that's the more bogger accent) thankfully i have the softer/more northy accent!!!

Unfortunately i cant get you a voice clip but if you want a personal hearing just ask :p heehee

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

TriceMarie wrote: »

Nope, afraid not! To my ears, it has a not-so-appealing combination of sounding whiny and having mangled vowels.

:eek::eek: I'll have you know my diction is very good..(&I've been told I have a posh Waterford accent)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

The greatest irish accent is one that cannot be understood by anyone outside of ireland - like when an american tourist asks directions from true dub - glazed expression from the yank as they politely thank the dub and then stroll off towards the nearest mcdonalds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

http://bdt100.blog.co.uk/2007/05/26/the_popular_but_false_conception_of_beau~2335652/

She wins, hands down....Or up....or tied to the bed! oh yes. She def wins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭googlehead

i have a soft Donegal accent, when i worked in dublin the local lads used to take the piss out of me as all the girls in the office would always go on about how they liked my accent, i got chatting to 2 girls once in a pub once and they said to me could i tell them a story, i said why? they said they just wanted to hear my voice.:D had a few say they could listen to me all night.:p it definetly gets attention from some girls when you are not in your local area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

I think that we in Clare and Galway have the most accentless accents in the world. Unless you're in a cultchie area, you'll find that these people are wonderfully lucid and clear in their manner of speaking. The only example I can think of right now is that Damien fella who used to present Den2... I don't think he was from the midwest but he had teh voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Trust me G86,there are 2 monaghan accents,one is that link (that's the more bogger accent) thankfully i have the softer/more northy accent!!!

Unfortunately i cant get you a voice clip but if you want a personal hearing just ask :p heehee
    If there's a softer Monaghan accant than the one in the clip I've yet to hear it. No offence, but the Monaghan accent does my head in.

newmills wrote: »
    The greatest irish accent is one that cannot be understood by anyone outside of ireland - like when an american tourist asks directions from true dub - glazed expression from the yank as they politely thank the dub and then stroll off towards the nearest mcdonalds!!

Bahaha!Brillliant!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Peter O'Toole has the best Irish accent, with Michael Gambon a close second.:D

What about Cillian Murphy?I think his accent is lovely now!..Not too keen on Jonathan Rhys Meyers too poe-ish or something lol

I'm not convinced!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Clare men..... gets me every time.... guaranteed knicker-dropper !!!

I have a Yorkshire accent anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Definitely Belfast city centre.

There's a cool song "Girls of Belfast town" by :confused: that I really like. About how they're driving around town with the windows down so they can hear the voices of the girls of Belfast town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 mango23

Well DubMedic, most of the great Irish revolutionaries, politicians and literary genius' were ''howiya's''. In fact most of the great people of Dublin were ''howiya's'' , unlike the lads on your side of town. I don't even know why south dubs even class themselves as Irish, the only thing Irish about them is their passports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 mango23

Jackeenboy wrote: »
    Best Irish accent is Dublin...And ofcourse, us England, gave u that accent !;)
    The only thing you english gave us was a headache.

Tiochfáidh Ár Lá.

• Advertisement

mango23 wrote: »
    Well DubMedic, most of the great Irish revolutionaries, politicians and literary genius' were ''howiya's''. In fact most of the great people of Dublin were ''howiya's'' , unlike the lads on your side of town. I don't even know why south dubs even class themselves as Irish, the only thing Irish about them is their passports.

Im not going to entertain your little rant & give you any satisfaction by replying to your worthless posts and getting myself into hassle with the Mod's.
    There is a place on boards.ie for people who wish to start fights, and that is in the trash.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement