Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 5 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Teeheeheehee Depoo :)

I think its appropriate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Do people think it would be wise to wait to make a transfer till the internationals are played in case lads would get injured?

Do people think it would be wise to wait to make a transfer till the internationals are played in case lads would get injured?

Very much so. I'm tempted to make mine early for potential 0.4 or 0.5 value but its very much a risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    Very much so. I'm tempted to make mine early for potential 0.4 or 0.5 value but its very much a risk.
    I'm probably going to do Depay to Sinclair before the internationals so as to not absorb that drop. Sinclair won't be playing internationals (although he should be ;) ) so that is some risk lessened, and if he picks up something and I have to bench him, this will not exactly lead me to tears.

I may decide to make a 2nd transfer with all that money I'm freeing up, or I may make another transfer next week with it. I'll weigh up that after the internationals when all is much clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Tipsy Transfers-Wanyama to Ayew & Hopper to Wilson

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    I'm probably going to do Depay to Sinclair before the internationals so as to not absorb that drop. Sinclair won't be playing internationals (although he should be ;) ) so that is some risk lessened, and if he picks up something and I have to bench him, this will not exactly lead me to tears.

I may decide to make a 2nd transfer with all that money I'm freeing up, or I may make another transfer next week with it. I'll weigh up that after the internationals when all is much clearer.

Is Sinclair going to be your 4th mid? He tempting but i don't see where to put him!

I'm looking at a midfield of Sanchez, Yaya, Ayew, Mahrez and Westwood for next week. I'd have 4.6 in the bank if i go for Wilson too so can go for whatever mid or forward i want for gw6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

is it too late to jump on the Wilson bandwagon?

only swapped out Gomis for Defoe last week to use funds elsewhere,

would it be mad to get Wilson in for Defoe before the imminent price rise, as I don't want to be having to fork out for Wilson if he rises towards 6.0.

I don't really have any other pressing transfers to do.

Is Sinclair going to be your 4th mid? He tempting but i don't see where to put him!

I'm looking at a midfield of Sanchez, Yaya, Ayew, Mahrez and Westwood for next week. I'd have 4.6 in the bank if i go for Wilson too so can go for whatever mid or forward i want for gw6.
    I don't have a 4.5 midfieler. I'm going with Sanchez, Ayew, Mahrez, Payet (who I'm considering upgrading to Pedro/Silva/De Bruyne with the proceeds) and now Sinclair.

I have Aguero, Wilson and Sakho (who will eventually become Benteke) so I think I'm well enough covered in attacking areas to play 6 or 7 each week depending on fixtures.

I don't have a 4.5 midfieler. I'm going with Sanchez, Ayew, Mahrez, Payet (who I'm considering upgrading to Pedro/Silva/De Bruyne with the proceeds) and now Sinclair.

I have Aguero, Wilson and Sakho (who will eventually become Benteke) so I think I'm well enough covered in attacking areas to play 6 or 7 each week depending on fixtures.

Do you still think Benteke is worth it for gw6&7. I'm considering giving him a miss.

Do you still think Benteke is worth it for gw6&7. I'm considering giving him a miss.
    Gonna go with it I think. I see him scoring well and I'm going to let the fact that he hasn't got it going yet slide. I could make a case for Gomis with 4 out of 4 and normally it'd be a very strong case, but I don't want both Ayew and Gomis and regardless of Ayew having outscored Gomis in points so far, I've grown rather emotionally attached to Ayew. Season keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

zarquon wrote: »
    Gomis to Benteke can wait a week. I'd rather Gomis at watford than Benteke at United. I also wouldn't take out Sanchez ahead of a tie against Stoke. Yaya to Silva is a bit of a sideways move for now so i wouldn't waste a -4 on it

Yeah, I'd be waiting till after Sanchez v Stoke anyway. He is the cash cow to feed Benteke for 6/7 gameweek..

If I wait I will have 2ft so a -4 added for 3 moves I could deal with. Yaya/Silva situation is a tricky one much the same as Sagna/Kolarov and Shaw/Darmain, pick your player and stick maybe.

shineon23 wrote: »
    is it too late to jump on the Wilson bandwagon?

only swapped out Gomis for Defoe last week to use funds elsewhere,

would it be mad to get Wilson in for Defoe before the imminent price rise, as I don't want to be having to fork out for Wilson if he rises towards 6.0.

I don't really have any other pressing transfers to do.

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think Liverpool have looked as poor in an attacking sense as any team in the league. The set up is all wrong to get the best out of benteke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I'm ignoring Wilson until GW6 at the earliest, but I'd say he has an easier fixture than Defoe next week and will add 0.2m to your resale no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Transfers done as 1) I want to take a bit of a break for the next week and not be constantly checking my team and 2) it will save me at least £0.1m doing it now, and probably £0.3m if I waited until after all the international games.

If it goes wrong with one of them getting injured, then it's my own fault, but I think the risk is worth it for the savings in team value.

Depay -> Pedro
    Darmian -> Jonny Evans

I'm ignoring Wilson until GW6 at the earliest, but I'd say he has an easier fixture than Defoe next week and will add 0.2m to your resale no problem

That's what I'm thinking. I'd rather get Wilson in cheap now and rotate him with a 5th MF if needs be after.
    Really don't trust Sunderland at all.

Only other transfers I'd be looking at would be to offload Targett (when dropped) and maybe Sanchez (to free up funds) in a few weeks and possibly upgrade Westwood but that's only when I got a FT.
    Monitoring Joe Gomez's gametime as well.

Westwood and Targett will be my 2nd and third subs after the internationals anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Lads, is Ayew playing any international games over the next 2 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Defoe playing against spurs though and will be looking for a goal in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Lads, is Ayew playing any international games over the next 2 weeks?

Ghana have a game on Tuesday vs Congo and Saturday vs Rwanda and he's in the squad, no idea if he'll play or anything but he's definitely in the squad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Happy enough with rest of team but may take 4 point hit to take out under pro forming Chelski boys. So with that in mind either what do you think

Courtios to Cech
    Azpil to Kompany/Kolarov
    Cesc to Arsenal mid or Yaya

Team at the min based on last GW

Courtois
    Shaw Azpil Cédric (Subs Ward/Huth)
    Depay Cesc Mahrez Payet (Sub Cabaye)
    Pelle Wilson Kun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I have lost all faith in Arsenal as an attacking force. Sanchez to Pedro done.

I have lost all faith in Arsenal as an attacking force. Sanchez to Pedro done.

The GW5 captain thread will be interesting. Aguero and Sanchez the 2 obvious choices, but both coming off 2 blanks in a row.

The GW5 captain thread will be interesting. Aguero and Sanchez the 2 obvious choices, but both coming off 2 blanks in a row.

I think I'll be sticking with Aguero. Learned that lesson too many times before. Stick with him through the blanks and he will reward the faithful and smite those who doubt!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Did hazard to ayew. May take a hit next week depending on what happens before the transfer window closes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

On WC looking to maximise and wanted opinions on Attackers

I currently have

Aguerro - bought at 13.0 Current Price 13.2
    Gomis - bought at 7.3 looking like a rise tonight/tomorrow.
    Wilson - bought at 5.6 Current price 5.7
    Vardy - Current Price 6.0 looking like a rise tonight/tomorrow.

Now I know none of us have a crystal ball (or do they?) but who do you think are the most likely to rise over the International ?

I think my front 3 for GW5 will be Aguerro and 2 of Gomis, Wilson, Vardy, Diouf

Any suggestions on how to squeeze the most cash out of it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've already done Hazard -> Pedro so I may be heading over to the WC thread after this.

Thinking of doing a few sideways transfers like getting in Monreal for Bellerin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Did Fletcher to Wilson, up 0.1 since I got him, atleast 2days before another price rise according to FFFix so no profit till then. But with Gomis due to rise tonight tempted to change again. Chasing profits, but also want to end up with the most suitable line up. Any thoughts who might be best long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

The amount of people here getting rid of Hazard is surprising. Before a decent fixture. Pedro is a bit sideways and Hazard definitely has the potential to outscore him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Armband will be staying on Kun the next 5 GWs unless he gets injured/suspended
    stephenl15 wrote: »
    The amount of people here getting rid of Hazard is surprising. Before a decent fixture. Pedro is a bit sideways and Hazard definitely has the potential to outscore him

eve and ARS aren't the easiest next two fixtures and he isn't delivering for an 11.4m player. I don't need the cash, Ayew has looked great and is scoring goals

• Advertisement

For what it's worth I can see my captain being Aguero too but his percentage in the poll will be way down I'd say.

Advertisement