Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 5 Transfer Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

iroced wrote: »
    3-5-3 ?! Great! An extra attacker :p. Noice...

Is Alder really worth the £5.0m? Spurs got 1 CS. They weren't great for them last year. They don't have a particularly good run of fixtures. Alder to Kolarovand you still have £2.0m in the bank.

Kolarov Bellerin/Monreal Cédric would give you a solid defense you'd play most weeks. I presume Kolarov & your Arsenal def would play every week so if I were you I'd have a look at say the next 6-10 fixtures to see which GWs you'd "have" to bench Cédric and see who offers the best fixtures (from what I remember, Stoke, Leicester, Bournemouth, Villa rotate well with Saints upcoming fixtures).

Let me know who your GPs are please.
    I've got Yoshida who is holding his place in the team atm. (Caulker was on the bench last week) but they have signed Van Dyke for big money and have a tough run of fixtures.
    I also have Alderweireld who I thought (and still hope) would get a game in midfield especially if Spurs don't sign a decent midfielder.
    I would suggest holding off to see team line ups for GW5 if you can.
    If you put me on the spot I'd go Cedric to Kolarov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

what do you guys think about offloading Benteke? Liverpool's attacking returns have been nothing short of abysmal so far. Will get Wilson in ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

ElTel wrote: »
    Let me know who your GPs are please.
    I've got Yoshida who is holding his place in the team atm. (Caulker was on the bench last week) but they have signed Van Dyke for big money and have a tough run of fixtures.
    I also have Alderweireld who I thought (and still hope) would get a game in midfield especially if Spurs don't sign a decent midfielder.
    I would suggest holding off to see team line ups for GW5 if you can.
    If you put me on the spot I'd go Cedric to Kolarov.
    GPs :confused:? (sorry non English native here :p)

None of the aforementioned def are near a price change now (and the only one who will be at some point is Kolarov of course) so yeah waiting is the wisest thing to do right now.

Ah I just posted on another thread about Saints tough run on paper that may not be that tough in the end (=> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96841256&postcount=387).

I would think Cédric's place is safe though. I'm no Southampton expert but Yoshida & Targett should be the ones to make way for the new signing & Bertrand come back. The Caulker situation is strange to me but as someone said elsewhere Koeman knows his stuff much better than myself ;).

About Alder, will he really have an impact if he does play in midfield? I mean he's not a full back so he'll prob end up in the holding mid position which doesn't offer much FPL-wise. And Spurs run is actually tougher than Saints one methinks ;).

what do you guys think about offloading Benteke? Liverpool's attacking returns have been nothing short of abysmal so far. Will get Wilson in ahead of him.
    If it was not for a -4 and 'Pool didn't have Norwich & Villa at home GW6 & 7 I'd have already done it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Romero probably going to instantly lose his place in the team to De Gea.

Who's the best choice of

Myhill (4.5) - SOU, avl, EVE, cry, SUN
    Gomes (4.5) - SWA, new, CRY, bou, ARS

to replace Romero

Was thinking Howard too, but 0.5 more and a more difficult run of fixtures coming up ::
    Howard (5.0) - CHE, swa, wba, LIV, MAN

Thanks iroced for the great reply and the link to that thread.
    GPs is goalkeepers.

• Advertisement

GPs is goalkeepers.
    Is it not GKs?

--

@Rikand. I'd say Myhill because Pulis. But you may want to wait for mor einfo on both West Brom & United situations regardings keepers.
    And if you got Romero for £5.0m you have nothing to worry about price changes.

Is it not GKs?

Of course!
    Mental block on my part.
    Probably need a GP. (That's a general practitioner/doctor)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Romero to DDG anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

bohsman wrote: »
    Romero to DDG anyone?

If your Dutch and your name is Louis then I'd say certainly! :D

Is it not GKs?

--

@Rikand. I'd say Myhill because Pulis. But you may want to wait for mor einfo on both West Brom & United situations regardings keepers.
    And if you got Romero for £5.0m you have nothing to worry about price changes.

Unfortunately bought him at 5.1. I was hoping to get a couple of rises out of him.

I'll have to make the trade fairly quick as I need the cash for other transfers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

AdMMM wrote: »

I'll also need to offload Huth as he's my fifth defender and is close to a drop. Any suggestions there? (Ward is my 4th defender)

Why do you need to get rid of Huth, even if he's losing value he's a cheap defender who is going to keep his place. Leicester kept 6 CS last season, and probably stayed up because of him being in the side.

Bear in mind, i have no idea of Lecister transfer business so if they have bought someone that is going to take his place, then fair enough get rid, but otherwise i don't see the appeal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

AdMMM wrote: »
    Regarding my own team, I want to bring in Kolorov (I know, kind of missed the boat on his rises), so I'm first looking at who to get rid of from the below?

Alderweireld - Bellerín - Cédric (tempted to move Bellerin to Monreal too, as he's been getting BAPs as opposed to Bellerin).

I'll also need to offload Huth as he's my fifth defender and is close to a drop. Any suggestions there? (Ward is my 4th defender)
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    Why do you need to get rid of Huth, even if he's losing value he's a cheap defender who is going to keep his place. Leicester kept 6 CS last season, and probably stayed up because of him being in the side.

Bear in mind, i have no idea of Lecister transfer business so if they have bought someone that is going to take his place, then fair enough get rid, but otherwise i don't see the appeal

I agree, I think it's a funny move to make outside of wildcard time. Transfers are quite precious and it seems to me that AdMMM isn't seeing them as such, moving Bellerin to Monreal is another strange call which isn't showing much thought is being put into the transfers, I would love the luxury to be able to think like that but it's never going to happen.
    As well as that Monreal may have more bonus to date but Bellerin will blow him out of the water before the season is through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Yaya, silva and aguero? Who to drop(or not?) for man city defender or debruyne and one other?
    Or do I stick for another week...

Of course!
    Mental block on my part.
    Probably need a GP. (That's a general practitioner/doctor)
    Ah OK. Yeah I knew about GP ;). So, at first I thought I had said something insanely crazy and quite funny such that you were pretty keen on knowing who was my (drugs) provider/GP :pac:. But that didn't make any sense with the rest of your post :p...
    Rikand wrote: »
    Unfortunately bought him at 5.1. I was hoping to get a couple of rises out of him.

I'll have to make the trade fairly quick as I need the cash for other transfers :)
    Arf... You still have time though. Romero is above +90% to a rise and is only dropping ~0.05%/hour.
    Yaya, silva and aguero? Who to drop(or not?) for man city defender or debruyne and one other?
    Or do I stick for another week...
    Palace away. Maybe City won't keep a CS this time so you may stick with your triplet for the time being so that you have time to assess De Bruyne position and impact (on the field and on the team). They're all rising in price too so what you'll miss on Kolarov (don't think he'll rise more than another £0.1m) you could somehow get it back when you'll sell either Yaya or Silva.

And between them, assuming they conrtinue delivering similar points, I'd say it depends on your midfield. Silva makes it difficult to accomodate Sanchez. The latter is not exactly on form right now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Wonder if Lindegaard will start ahead of Myhill? Probably ok for another week or two anyway, and hopefully not worth wasting a transfer on..... yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I agree, I think it's a funny move to make outside of wildcard time. Transfers are quite precious and it seems to me that AdMMM isn't seeing them as such, moving Bellerin to Monreal is another strange call which isn't showing much thought is being put into the transfers, I would love the luxury to be able to think like that but it's never going to happen.
    As well as that Monreal may have more bonus to date but Bellerin will blow him out of the water before the season is through.
    Sorry, forgot to mention that I'll probably be going for my wildcard :). I'm not some maniac who gets a sick pleasure from taking hits :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Wilson or Diouf as my 3rd striker, only have 7 mil.
    Already have Gomis and Kun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Made early moves this week on Monday.

Costa & Barkley OUT

Pedro & Gomis IN

I am having a dire start to the season 31, 51, 50, 33
    Something needs to change so hopefully this works out!

Arf... You still have time though. Romero is above +90% to a rise and is only dropping ~0.05%/hour.

Yay.

With Pedro refusing to rise I have even more time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

So far 70 people have sold Martial? What sort of crazy is that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Rikand wrote: »
    Romero probably going to instantly lose his place in the team to De Gea.

Who's the best choice of

Myhill (4.5) - SOU, avl, EVE, cry, SUN
    Gomes (4.5) - SWA, new, CRY, bou, ARS

to replace Romero

Was thinking Howard too, but 0.5 more and a more difficult run of fixtures coming up ::
    Howard (5.0) - CHE, swa, wba, LIV, MAN
    With Lindegaard going to WBA, is there not a risk of Myhill being dropped?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

With Lindegaard going to WBA, is there not a risk of Myhill being dropped?

Massive risk which o spoke of before plus Fantasy Scout site are feeling the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,554 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I don't think it's that big a risk in the short-term. Lindegaard will have to impress to get in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Benteke is a doubt and i want to transfer him out for the next game any opinions.

Thinking Lukaku at home to Chelsea who look poor at the back, Rondon or Mbokani for Norwich i don't know if he will start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭dahat

CSF wrote: »
    I don't think it's that big a risk in the short-term. Lindegaard will have to impress to get in.

I would not recommend anyone to but Myhill just now, those who have him should rightly stick but he isn't one for buying just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

jimmii wrote: »
    So far 70 people have sold Martial? What sort of crazy is that?

Martial breakdown is never funny Jimmi! ;)

Sorry, I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Benteke is a doubt and i want to transfer him out for the next game any opinions.

Thinking Lukaku at home to Chelsea who look poor at the back, Rondon or Mbokani for Norwich i don't know if he will start.

Benteke will be fit. He's a doubt for Belgium on Saturday but expected to play for them on Tuesday.

I'd hold him for GW 6 and 7 if u already have him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lindegaard is a strange one. Foster is due back in a month or so.

So for a month, you've Myhill/Lindegaard to decide between, then presumably Foster back as number 1 and one of the Myh/Lin end up on the bench, the other banished.

Was Lindegaard given assurances that he'd be ahead of Myhill in that pecking order? If so, is he ahead right now? Or is Lindegaard happy to go and potentially be a 3rd choice keeper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

With Depay nearing a drop I need to shift him on. Any suggestions at the same price or less? Just do the sensible thing and get in Ayew?!

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    I would not recommend anyone to but Myhill just now, those who have him should rightly stick but he isn't one for buying just now.

That'd be the same as my opinion really. Wouldn't buy someone with any amount of doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Lindegaard is a strange one. Foster is due back in a month or so.

So for a month, you've Myhill/Lindegaard to decide between, then presumably Foster back as number 1 and one of the Myh/Lin end up on the bench, the other banished.

Was Lindegaard given assurances that he'd be ahead of Myhill in that pecking order? If so, is he ahead right now? Or is Lindegaard happy to go and potentially be a 3rd choice keeper?

strange one alright - Money must have been better at West Brom than at united for him to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ace2007 wrote: »
    strange one alright - Money must have been better at West Brom than at united for him to go.

I'd imagine it's more to do with his chance of playing than money. West Brom is a smaller club so it stands to reason he might get more opportunities.

With Benteke down as doubtful and also considering he's away at Old Trafford i'm contemplating taking a -4 to give him the boot but for who is the question!??

My other two strikers are Aguero & Gomis, so who's left that is in decent form? I have 9.6m to spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

With Benteke down as doubtful and also considering he's away at Old Trafford i'm contemplating taking a -4 to give him the boot but for who is the question!??

My other two strikers are Aguero & Gomis, so who's left that is in decent form? I have 9.6m to spend

Diouf has an excellent run after his GW5 match at Arsenal. Wilson too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He has two nice home fixtures after United though. If I had him I'd be keeping him for those.

• Advertisement

Patience!
    A lot can still go awry with the internationals.
    Don't know if your strategy is going to be long or short term with the change.
    Short term you could select a striker for the next 4GWs before there is another international break.

Thanks for the input lads!

@Paully, Wilson was top of my list of replacements but i'm wary how long his good run can last?

@extra_gravy, two nice fixtures he might have but being honest i dont think he looks that threatening (and that's from a pool fan) he doesn't seem to be getting the balls to suit his style. I reckon he will come good when he has Sturridge to bounce off but currently he doesn't look great imo.

@ElTel, very valid points and normally i wouldnt do anything drastic with Internationals coming up but im concerned that Benteke might start haemorrhaging value no that he's doubtful on top of the UTD game next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

im concerned that Benteke might start haemorrhaging value no that he's doubtful on top of the UTD game next

I really don't think he will. He is only 23% or so towards a drop and is yellow flagged. He's expected to miss the first Belguim game but be fit for the second one. If he is the flag will be removed and his NTO reset to zero.

The flag will increase his threshold to drop in the meantime.

If he doesn't play the second international then there may be a spike in sales but unless he is reported as doubtful for the United game I doubt he'll drop.

Now getting rid for form reasons is another thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Azpili out, Ward in. Chelsea defence is still lacking and have Pedro for Chelsea cover just in case. Not sure about benching Ward and playing Cédric though, so there'll be no clash with Aguero. Good idea or bad idea?

entropi wrote: »
    Azpili out, Ward in. Chelsea defence is still lacking and have Pedro for Chelsea cover just in case. Not sure about benching Ward and playing Cédric though, so there'll be no clash with Aguero. Good idea or bad idea?

Palace's next 2 fixtures are City and Tottenham so I'd be inclined to hold off on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Palace have kept 2 cs since Jan when pardew took over. It's there attacking players that are the good options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Thinking of doing Payet and Barkley to Ozil and Sako. There doesn't seem to be much hype about Sako around here, would he be a good rotating midfielder? My defence looks a bit too strong as well so I might do Clyne to a 4.0/.5 and free up some funds elsewhere. Have two FT's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Thinking of doing Payet and Barkley to Ozil and Sako. There doesn't seem to be much hype about Sako around here, would he be a good rotating midfielder? My defence looks a bit too strong as well so I might do Clyne to a 4.0/.5 and free up some funds elsewhere. Have two FT's.

I wouldn't be getting rid of payet, Newcastle at home this week

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be getting rid of payet, Newcastle at home this week

Yeah I'm reluctant to get rid of him myself. I really think he'll be a very good player this season. However the thought of upgrading him to Ozil is very tempting! Do you think it would be better to keep him for Newcastle and then switch them the following week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Yeah I'm reluctant to get rid of him myself. I really think he'll be a very good player this season. However the thought of upgrading him to Ozil is very tempting! Do you think it would be better to keep him for Newcastle and then switch them the following week?

Ramsey has looked far more likely to score than Ozil from what I've seen.
    I think it's worth holding onto Payet for this week at least though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Yeah, I think he is likely to outscore ozil this week at least. Spocks right, Ramsey is probably a better option atm, plus he's cheaper. Ozil doesn't shoot enough for me. But I wouldn't be rushing to get an arsenal mid the way they're playing atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

CSF wrote: »
    Palace's next 2 fixtures are City and Tottenham so I'd be inclined to hold off on that.
    Palace have kept 2 cs since Jan when pardew took over. It's there attacking players that are the good options.
    Cheers for that, lads.
    spock. wrote: »
    Ramsey has looked far more likely to score than Ozil from what I've seen.
    I think it's worth holding onto Payet for this week at least though.
    Agreed. Hold on for one more game, then figure out what to to regarding Arsenal mids or someone else.

Thanks for all the advice. The main reason for me picking Ozil ahead of Rambo is because Ozil will bad loads of assists, while Ramsey hasn't looked like creating anything in a while. I'll keep Payet for this gameweek and then decide on who to transfer after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Thanks for all the advice. The main reason for me picking Ozil ahead of Rambo is because Ozil will bad loads of assists, while Ramsey hasn't looked like creating anything in a while. I'll keep Payet for this gameweek and then decide on who to transfer after that.

Ramsey has looked far more dangerous than Ozil, he is definitely on my watchlist

zarquon wrote: »
    Ramsey has looked far more dangerous than Ozil, he is definitely on my watchlist

As an Arsenal fan watching them play everytime they're on tv, I haven't seen Ramsey being clinical in front of goal in a while, and certainly not this season. I think he's one of these players that goes on a run, and he's the opposite at the moment. I'd at least wait until I see him back on form and have a goal to his name before bringing him in.

As for Ozil, yes he'd pass the ball to someone else if he had an open goal, but he'd still get an assist for that. His assists will count up and up and he's already created a handful of chances so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement