Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best way you'd like to die?

• 05-06-2007 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully when we reach a ripe ol' peachy age of 2000, we'd have our minds made up on how to finally stop dodging the coffin. What way would you like to go? Mine would be to skydive without a parachute.....though knowing my luck I'd survive and have to live with excruciating pain for years to follow. My second choice would be to suicide bomb Michael Bay's house but, meh, thats just me!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hilariously :D

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Boring for me I want to die in my sleep & with no pain. Its the way my Nanny died (RIP) & I swear she had a smile on her face so must've have been having some sweet dreams.

Either way as long as its quick & painfree I don't mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I would like to die by a surprising shotgun blast to the back of the head. Instant death. But only if I had to choose, and not for another few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I'd love to die from orgasmic pleasure :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

swingking wrote:
    I'd love to die from orgasmic pleasure :D

This, or in my sleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Hilariously :D

Would brighten things up at the funeral or after a few years.

"*sniggers*, remember that time when AlmightyCushion died when he got sucked down the toilet?"
    "Yea, I pissed myself laughing. He got owned!!"
    "High-Five!!"
    *SLAP!*

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Duggy747 wrote:
    Would brighten things up at the funeral or after a few years.

"*sniggers*, remember that time when AlmightyCushion died when he got sucked down the toilet?"
    "Yea, I pissed myself laughing. He got owned!!"
    "High-Five!!"
    *SLAP!*

Yeah funerals are way too depressing for my liking. I might get a few party poppers and a clown for mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Up to my balls in Elisha Cuthbert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

death by snu snu!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....
    not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

Killed instantly in a fiery death just after saving the world........................
    Im the Dramatic kind,might has well go out in flames doing something great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

supposedly downing is a good way to die, I wouldnt know though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Drowning would be a horrible way to die!

I wasnt to go the same way I came into this world: naked, screaming and covered in shìt, piss and afterbirth!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sandwiched between the Seoige sisters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'm torn between dying of old age ontop of an 18 year old hottie or in a blaze of glory...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

humanji wrote:
    Drowning would be a horrible way to die!

Apparently it is a peaceful way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

petes wrote:
    Up to my balls in Elisha Cuthbert.

Do you remember the bloke who said that on the radio about Bibi Baskin? :eek:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

death by snu snu!!

:D:D

What a way to go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Mossy Monk wrote:
    supposedly lack of oxygen to the brain makes you a bit dopey before you die and its a euphoric feeling

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Naked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Suffocating to death from having Karima Adebibe sitting on my face for too long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Shot dead at 101 years old by the jealous boyfriend of my 18 year old lover :D

Mairt wrote:
    Shot dead at 101 years old by the jealous boyfriend of my 18 year old lover :D

Heh heh, I'll note that one down just in case I live that long...........and, eh, I manage to bag a girl that young.

Another fun way (for yourself anyways) to die would to be at a party, grab everybodys attention, say "Hey everyone, watch this!!" and just drop dead :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Duggy747 wrote:
    Michael Bay's house

Why Michael Bay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

in a hail of arrows ...... a la leonidas :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I dont care how i die as long as none of my enemies outlive me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭cson

In an unfortunate smelting accident. With AC/DC playing at the funeral. You know what song ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Any of the following:

Flying a plane with a live nuclear missile out of harm's way with my final words captured on live radio and TV around the world. I would try to make my final words "Atari Jaguar".

Dying of dehydration at the age of 120 after a sexual marathon with an Elisha Cuthbert clone. A clone of what she's like now, of course.

Failing those two, then I just want to slip away in my sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

:') That brings a tear to my eye...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Naked,drunk,aged 110 in a brothel so they couldnt get the lid on the coffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A gunfight with Clint Eastwood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

In a really hilarious way, like flying a plane in to one of two of the tallest towers in the world causing them to collapse, killing thousands of innocent people for the laugh.

Mossy Monk wrote:

No it's not. When you're drowning, you're not going to sit back and relax, you'll want to live. You're body automatically wants to breath, no matter how hard you try to hold your breath. You'll eventually breath in water, which will cause your body to involutarily cough it back up, which will cause you to swallow more water, which will make you cough even more and cause greater panic. You'll continue flailing around trying to breath until you're body suffers anoxia (think that's what it's called) where basically, your body runs out of oxygen, and if you're lucky, you'll lose consiousness before your heart goes into cardiac arrest (which isn't exactly painless).

All in all, I could do without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

<damo>by the haaaaaaaaand of a MAAAASSSSAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIII</damo>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

humanji wrote:
    No it's not. When you're drowning, you're not going to sit back and relax, you'll want to live.

sorry but you are wrong.

Having been stuck under the water for close to 2 minutes i can assure you, i had accepted my faith and stopped struggling about 15-20 seconds before i was removed, everything slows down.

Panic,
    struggle, can i grab anything.
    nope,
    panic,
    what if i move my legs....
    OUCH,
    panic,
    ah crap,
    im dead,
    could be worse,
    feeling kinda dizzy now,
    what just touched my arm,
    AAAIIIIIRRRRRR.
    vomit.

• Advertisement

Drowning in your own piss would be painful.........to your ego.

cance wrote:
    sorry but you are wrong.

Having been stuck under the water for close to 2 minutes i can assure you, i had accepted my faith and stopped struggling about 15-20 seconds before i was removed, everything slows down.

Panic,
    struggle, can i grab anything.
    nope,
    panic,
    what if i move my legs....
    OUCH,
    panic,
    ah crap,
    im dead,
    could be worse,
    feeling kinda dizzy now,
    what just touched my arm,
    AAAIIIIIRRRRRR.
    vomit.

So you're saying all that was comforting? :confused: The point is that drowing isn't relaxing. And this is from personal experience too. You're body fights whether you want it to or not. The space of time from when you're fighting to breath and from when you black out is tiny and for it, you've got a head ache and your lungs feel like they're exploding. Add to that, waking up with some fat guy giving you mouth to mout, it's really not worth it!

Duggy747 wrote:
    Drowning in your own piss would be painful.........to your ego.

Yet drowning in someone elses piss is considered kinky. Damn double standards!!!

humanji wrote:

Yet drowning in someone elses piss is considered kinky. Damn double standards!!!

Don't you judge me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

foxyboxer wrote:
    in a hail of arrows ...... a la leonidas :p
    Now that'd be proper 'ard!

DaveMcG wrote:
    Now that'd be proper 'ard!

Go up to Dunsink lane..it could easily happen!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Haven't had a chance to ask anyone to fnd out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

to eat yourself to death over a period of two years. just get fatter and fatter and live in your own filth.

or blow my brains out in front of a classroom of small children

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Jakkass wrote:
    Haven't had a chance to ask anyone to fnd out :)

How many drowned people have you seen with smiles on their faces? ;)

I'd like to go down in a blaze of glory but knowing me it'll be a suitably boring death. Like falling down the stairs or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

does anybody have any information about the politician who allegedly got pied in the face at a press conference and smothered on the cream and crust. I think it did happen

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Age 120 heart stoppage in the company of company of twin nurses who just happen to have a de fibularator so I won't stay "dead" long, and then lots of tlc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Heroin overdose.

Actually, inject heroin, then jump over the side of a massive cliff.

Blissful and painless.

Jump feet-first into a tree shredder..messy and painfull but what the heck!.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    And how the hell would you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Q_Ball wrote:
    How many drowned people have you seen with smiles on their faces? ;)
    Interestingly, anoxia can be quite a euphoric way to go, which is why strangulation is a common practice during sex among the kinkier folks, aka chokers, and also why mandrake was said to grow under the bodies of hanged men - its where their ejaculate fell when they were hanged. Theres a spot of useless trivia that will haunt you to your uncannily-predicted-on-boards-grave. :D

I for one would like to go gasping in the midst of several dozen freshly deflowered virgins. And for you deities with a warped sense of humour listening in, that does not mean I want to be murdered in a rustic setting by a serial sheep rapist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Saint_Mel wrote:
    I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....
    not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus. :p

Haha, post of the day! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement