Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Shady Dealer

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

rovoagho wrote: »
    How is it defamatory? He has proof.

I guess boards policy is erring on the side of caution here. I don't blame boards, I just think that Irish defamation laws are stacked heavily in favour of the crooked trader. I.e. I can open a shady dealer and sue everyone who complains a out me. Should net some nice income. think I just got an idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

As I said, it could be deemed defamatory, the fact he has proof is all well and good but the intent behind sharing that proof could be seen as defamatory. The Defamation Act of 2009 covers a wide range of instances.

I'll remind everyone that you are responsible for everything you post, but as per the Terms of Use, Boards.ie is a private site and you do not have freedom of speech here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭cpoh1

Lads, he posted a link to another forum he didnt say "X is the garage" on here.

Or again am I missing something?

This is a genuinely interesting and helpful thread, would be a shame to see it canned because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

cpoh1 wrote: »

He shared a link to another page naming the garage.I think that's pretty obvious.

We're not discussing moderator action anymore on thread.
    We can move on otherwise the thread will be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

cpoh1 wrote: »
    Lads, he posted a link to another forum he didnt say "X is the garage" on here.

This is a genuinely interesting and helpful thread, would be a shame to see it canned because of this.

Just to clarify, the link contains the name of the garage in question very clearly.

Now, as per TT's post, can we please move on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Amazing?????

I cannot believe this case is still ongoing.

JR bought a car in good faith.

The level of empathy towards JR is minimal, particularly from posters who appear to be in the Motor Business themselves????

Perhaps it is acceptable in Ireland for Shady Dealers to behave like this one did??

If there are any decent folk from the Motor Trade contributing to this Thread, can someone please put pressure on the guilty party to address this issue.

This case is a woeful example of how a customer has been treated and does not look good for the Motor Business business.

I stress cases like these are in the minority, but poor image does not reflect well on the Industry

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭kilclon

Amazing?????

I cannot believe this case is still ongoing.

JR bought a car in good faith.

The level of empathy towards JR is minimal, particularly from posters who appear to be in the Motor Business themselves????

Perhaps it is acceptable in Ireland for Shady Dealers to behave like this one did??

If there are any decent folk from the Motor Trade contributing to this Thread, can someone please put pressure on the guilty party to address this issue.

This case is a woeful example of how a customer has been treated and does not look good for the Motor Business business.

I stress cases like these are in the minority, but poor image does not reflect well on the Industry

I think you are confusing 'giving it straight' with a lack of empathy. I read the entire thread recently and the vast majority of posters expressed empathy with the OP. Some did however, tell OP rather bluntly, that it would be very difficult for him to get his money back. I don't think this constitutes a lack of empathy.

kilclon wrote: »
    I think you are confusing 'giving it straight' with a lack of empathy. I read the entire thread recently and the vast majority of posters expressed empathy with the OP. Some did however, tell OP rather bluntly, that it would be very difficult for him to get his money back. I don't think this constitutes a lack of empathy.

Interesting.

Are you in the Motor Business?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I don't think this constitutes a lack of empathy.

Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

I admire OP for going ahead with it. I think everyone wants to know the outcome, even the mods are doing their best to keep it open so we can find out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭kilclon

Interesting.

Are you in the Motor Business?

No, not at all. Just an observation after reading the thread. I'm with you for the most part. I think its disgraceful for 'professionals' to act in such a manner. I'm going to be in the market for a car shortly and this thread has me on high alert.

• Advertisement

No, not at all. Just an observation after reading the thread. I'm with you for the most part. I think its disgraceful for 'professionals' to act in such a manner. I'm going to be in the market for a car shortly and this thread has me on high alert.

Cheers!

I am not in the Motor Business either, just think the 'cowboy' behaviour in this case makes life even more difficult for the genuine Motor businessmen, in what must be Ireland's worst ever economic climate.

Good luck with your car hunting.

Best Regards,

Cheers!

I am not in the Motor Business either, just think the 'cowboy' behaviour in this case makes life even more difficult for the genuine Motor businessmen, in what must be Ireland's worst ever economic climate.

Good luck with your car hunting.

Best Regards,

Any updates?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JoeRadd

Any updates?:)

I've just been to court again last week to ask for substituted service again, this time for the summons for attendance of debtor. It was granted and I sent two copies to his current business address in Palmerstown. They should well have arrived by now so he has till early January to get in touch or meet me in court on the date for the judge to pass judgment. I don't think there is anything I can do further.

JoeRadd wrote: »
    I've just been to court again last week to ask for substituted service again, this time for the summons for attendance of debtor. It was granted and I sent two copies to his current business address in Palmerstown. They should well have arrived by now so he has till early January to get in touch or meet me in court on the date for the judge to pass judgment. I don't think there is anything I can do further.

Well done Joe, keep up the good work!

It has been a long and frustrating journey, hopefully it will all work in your favour.

Best Regards

:)

Has the dealer relocated to Palmerstown?

I thought he was on the Naas Road? :confused:

Just an update, been to court again about the summons for attendance of debtor, obviously the guy didn't bother showing up again. The court has now issued me an installment order telling him to pay me (is this not what the original small claims judgment did?) Anyway not sure what to do with the order so might pop into the local lawyer on Monday.

Has the dealer relocated to Palmerstown?

I thought he was on the Naas Road? :confused:

Yes he has

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

JoeRadd wrote: »
    Just an update, been to court again about the summons for attendance of debtor, obviously the guy didn't bother showing up again. The court has now issued me an installment order telling him to pay me (is this not what the original small claims judgment did?) Anyway not sure what to do with the order so might pop into the local lawyer on Monday.

He's a stubborn f*****r

dharn wrote: »
    He's a stubborn f*****r

I'd say he knows that enforcement in this country is soft to non existant.
    That means if you are the shady dealer, the authorities can send you polite letters asking nicely to pay up, but otherwise there doesn't seem to be any follow up action.
    In any proper countries there would be detainment, seizure of assets, etc...
    Ireland is more the type of country where elderly ladies being sent to prison for non payment of the tv licence. The authorities don't like to mess with real criminals, what with them being armed and violent. They don't even like to mess with them if they're just slightly dodgy looking.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I'd say he knows that enforcement in this country is soft to non existant.
    That means if you are the shady dealer, the authorities can send you polite letters asking nicely to pay up, but otherwise there doesn't seem to be any follow up action.
    In any proper countries there would be detainment, seizure of assets, etc...
    Ireland is more the type of country where elderly ladies being sent to prison for non payment of the tv licence. The authorities don't like to mess with real criminals, what with them being armed and violent. They don't even like to mess with them if they're just slightly dodgy looking.

Exactly. Soft touch authorities here in Ireland for that kind of stuff.

• Advertisement

Anyone know what to do with the Installment order?

Call the sherrif ?

Call the sherrif ?

****... Not him again

What about your namesake,.... call joe..., seriously though, it it really disgusting the way you have been treated

What about your namesake,.... call joe..., seriously though, it it really disgusting the way you have been treated

I actually emailed Joe's team a while back, heard nothing back

Joe,

Did you ever get sorted out with this problem?

D

Sending documents to a debt collector this week for a commital order to be obtained.

Something interesting i found in the news also http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/car-dealer-to-pay-compo-after-selling-crashed-vehicles-301660.html

This thread is better than eastenders!
    So yer man has to sell his remaining stock, but who would be crazy enough to buy it? I wouldn't trust a single vehicle on that forecourt.

Gosh I am amazed this case is still ongoing ?????

Where is the justice here??? None for the purchaser for sure.

Of course Shady Boy is protected because one cannot mention him by name.

It is almost as long running as East Enders !!!

• Advertisement

Ive sent it to a collection agency for now as i couldn't actually get a solicitor to get a committal order for less than €500 (if anyone knows one in dublin please tell me).

on th eplus side ive heard of others get their money back off of him.

Advertisement