Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incidents in cinemas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Spacedog, if you wanted to express your disapproval couldn't you have just chained yourself to the railing outside the cinema? Mebbe with a sign saying 'Down with this sort of thing' written on it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

This thread = Spacedog bashing

It seems to ahppen a lot more than it should but... tall guy with big hair... sitting in front of me... ruining my viewing pleasure. Theres also people racing each other around the cinema and over seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Upon review this thread - I must agree with the Spacedog = twat sentiment expressed within. Furthermore, I deem it vital that such regulatory bodies within should forfiet said nomencalute in favour of more robust pronounciation.

Sincerely,

Mr E M Pickles
    Doncaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

thesteve wrote:
    think we should start a campaign to put this in all our signatures.... who's with me?!

I'll sign ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Spacedog wrote:
    I'll sign ;)
    Good show old sport!

• Advertisement

Just reading over the thread and I have to say that Spacedog, you are one of those vile people who deserves, not to join the child molesters in hell but to be savagely molested by them.

Your comments are childish and make me wonder how you were able to get into the Sum of All Fears, it was a 12s film after all. Just because you didnt enjoy the film doesnt mean that others didnt. I for one quiet liked the film and would have been extremely annoyed if someone started talking during it. Neither myself of the majority of people here pay upwards of 8 euro to listen to some idiot talk during a film. Its something I can never understand, you go to the cinema at the weekend and its packed full of scumbags who spend their time talking to each other, on their phones and generally making noise.Why? Why pay 8 euro to talk in the dark for ninty minutes?

From experiance Ive realised that there's nothing you can do about them. You ask them to be quite, they wait for you outside. You get a member of staff, he asks them to be quiet which they abide to, that is until he leaves the screen.

The amount of times I have hade to put up with this crap is unbelievable, during I-Robot a bunch of ten year olds and some old man discussing how they wanted to rape one of the staff. WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

Evilution wrote:
    I've got an interesting one. Went to see The Passion of the Christ ...snip... The skanger girls began to cry and 2 or 3 or them left the theatre for a bit

I went to see TPOTC with my gf. Four teenage girls (abt 14/15 yrs) sat directly in front of us and they giggled and laughed ALL the way through especially during the scourging scene. Ruined the film for us and this is why I rarely go the cinema you just can't enjoy the films because there are always idiots like these and spacedog to spoil it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Fr0g wrote:
    I went to see TPOTC with my gf. Four teenage girls (abt 14/15 yrs) sat directly in front of us and they giggled and laughed ALL the way through especially during the scourging scene. Ruined the film for us and this is why I rarely go the cinema you just can't enjoy the films because there are always idiots like these and spacedog to spoil it.

So you should of told them to shut the fook up, it was only a couple of annoying kids, of go tell the staff and let them deal with it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hehe

someone else had to ruin the passion for you?

...The amount of times I have hade to put up with this crap is unbelievable, during I-Robot a bunch of ten year olds and some old man discussing how they wanted to rape one of the staff. WTF?

I-Robot, :rolleyes: why do people say I'm talking crap and then make my point for me? "Quiet, I can't hear Will Smith"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Spacedog wrote:
    I-Robot, :rolleyes: why do people say I'm talking crap and then make my point for me? "Quiet, I can't hear Will Smith"

And the point of it is, deciding you can ruin the experience for people because the taste of the film doesn't suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I was in the cinema in Liffey Valley maybe 2 and a half/3 years ago with my parents, don't even remember what we'd gone to see. It was quite busy so we were in the middle and about half an hour into the film, a group of guys around my age started throwing bits of popcorn and scrunched up sweet wrappers at everyone in the rows in front of them including us. My dad went outside to get someone to complain to and in the meantime they obv decided that wasnt enough and threw their big thing of coke which landed on the back of my seat. Lid popped off and I got drenched in coke. Sounds kinda funny now but it was mortifying, was wearing a white top and my whole top half was soaked. Not pelasant having to walk back out to the car and everyone staring at you. Got free tickets for the cinema and stuff but when you're 15 that doesn't really help ur mortification!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Same story as all...

Movie: Big Fish
    Cinema: UGC

A group of 15 year olds all deciding to chat away on their phones like they were....well anywhere else!

Very annoying!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

kinkstr wrote:
    So you should of told them to shut the fook up, it was only a couple of annoying kids, of go tell the staff and let them deal with it

Yes, I think we've covered that, but what is the point in going if you have do this EVERY time. I like to see films on the big screen but my gf won't go because it is usually ruined by one or two muppets/scangers/idiots/kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

i remember goin flicks a few years ago when i was seein this bird, f*ckin idiots natterin at the back so i threw out the "shut the f*ck up" which gets the obligatory cheer. but just then didnt my ex's phone go off and all the little wackers went "waaaaaheeey ya silly bitch." So i got up outta me seat and went up to the "ringleader" and said "if ye dont shut the f*ck up and apologise to her il put you through the f*ckin wall!" i aint violent but dont nobody start on my buddies or gfriends. didnt need a geeky little 16 year old flashin a torch that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

TOPDAWG wrote:
    . didnt need a geeky little 16 year old flashin a torch that night.

i have nothing against geeky little 16 year olds flashing a torch and in no way condone acts of violent popcorn throwing at them!! ha ha. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

The time has really come for Film Buff(y) Guardian Angels...

How 'bout we get in free and provide hard-core 'protection' for the average cinema goer....we get to watch the film, troublemakers get ejected with reasonable force, everyone is a winner.

Spacedog wrote:

How did I make your point for you? I-Robot is by far one of the best summer blockbusters of recant years. Its not as faithful to Asimovs as I would have liked but I still enjoyed it. And come on its an Alex Proyas film.

The problem I have is that you seem to think that if you arent enjoying the film then no one else else or should. Which is bull, its called personnal opinion. I saw Son of the Mask recantly and I didnt like i,t but I didnt go shouting about how crap it was, instead I got up and left.

Police Acidemy movies did great in the box office, As did I-Robot, the Fast and the Furious and any other brain dead explosion fest targeted at idiots. Britney Spears and Boyband records top the charts, doesn't mean you don't ridicule your friends when you find a Ronan Keating cd in the back of their cd rack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

would you spend money to go to a ronan keating concert to ruin it for him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

was in ster century a couple of months ago to watch 'the day after tommorrow'. some little moron had a laser pointer and kept it on the screen for 2 to 3 minute intervals for about 20 mins. I could of killed someone that day :D .
    Another thing that really bugs the crap outta me is when someone turns on a mobile phone during the film and all you can see is the white screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

God lots of people being trolled in this thread.

Mordeth wrote:
    would you spend money to go to a ronan keating concert to ruin it for him?

don't know, but's it'd be a small price to pay to publicly humiliate one of Irelands most pompus clowns, if someone bought me the ticket, I'd bring the rotten vegtables and super solker full of wee, that's take him down a peg or two! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Ah Keating's too easy a target these days. You'd nearly feel sorry for him. Anyway Louis Walsh seems to be taking care of the his humilation.

I'm hoping Ronan'll be the first man ever to have been insulted to death, gotta have dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Judging by this thread it's more likely to be you, tbh.

Ronan, no matter how sh!te we consider him to be, is still more succesful and has contributed more to human development than you. He is at least philanthropic, he started up his own charity ffs!

All you're famous for is being called a twat by Mycroft. Congratulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Spacedog wrote:
    Police Acidemy movies did great in the box office, As did I-Robot, the Fast and the Furious and any other brain dead explosion fest targeted at idiots. Britney Spears and Boyband records top the charts, doesn't mean you don't ridicule your friends when you find a Ronan Keating cd in the back of their cd rack.

You want to dispare about the state of modern film/tv/music/novels?

I can rant and rant again about the DaVinci code. I can rage about Constantine, the fact that Westlife have more number ones than the beatles.
    I can be mad aggressive and annoyed. I got fed up with my girlfriend ranting about the the crappiness of X2, cause she was a huge X men fan, a lil drunk, and disgusted with the film, but her ranting was annoying other people.

Look you don't like something. I dislike many things. I will rant at will, but not while it's ongoing its unfair on those enjoying it/ Don't assume your tastes make you better than those around you, and don't assume you have a right to inflict your opinion on those you are trying to focus on the film.

And don't assume admiting you're an assh*le makes you any less of an assh*le.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

mycroft wrote:
    I got fed up with my girlfriend ranting about the the crappiness of X2, cause she was a huge X men fan, a lil drunk, and disgusted with the film, but her ranting was annoying other people.
    LOL! OMG! ROFLMFAO! Just thinking about the situation of a drunk female nerd shouting on about the crappiness of XS makes my floor redden with the blood flowing forth from my split sides. :D Why couldn't I have been there?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

LOL! OMG! ROFLMFAO!
    I refuse to read any post starting with that crap. The rest of it cant have any merit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Well I wouldn't usually use them but it was really funny and it's better than using like 15 exclaimation marks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement