Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incidents in cinemas

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Went to see national treasure last night in Carlow! Everything is grand til the 7 nackers down the frontsatrt jumping over seats and talking on thier mobiles then they all leave, i think great , all back in again, the fat little ****ers go down to there seats but the other 3 have to sit in my row, next the fat 3 get up to come looking for paddy, "Hey paddy, we re goin to the pool hall" at the top of his voice. The ushers were called but could only walk in and out. Two mins later they re back in on the mobiles talking away!!! Why would you pay into the cinema to do this?????
    Plus they left and came back in, This is not allowed is it, I mean left the building!!!
    Anyway this is the third time this has happen in carlow so thats it, not payin 7 euro to listen and smell some knacker have phone sex with his cousin.

Was ther some thing about blocking mobile signals in the cinema?? they should have it everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

JoeSchmoe wrote:

How the worm turned, then every few minutes I sprinkled them with a few drops from my drink and when they turned around i acted all innocent, just watching the film. After a few sprinkles one of them started sobbing "all I wanted to do was come watch a film....boo hoo...sob sob"

I felt bad about making a little girl cry....for about two seconds and then the warm glow of smugness took over and we enjoyed the rest of the movie in peace ;)

Goddamn where is there a rep system when you need it.

You sir are a credit to the human race and a fine soul, and when next I am in a tavern I will raise a glass to salute you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I was in a cinema last week and a kid somewhere in the cinema wouldn't stop doing the crazy frog sound...

It's things like this that make you look forward to Hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

mycroft wrote:
    Goddamn where is there a rep system when you need it.

You sir are a credit to the human race and a fine soul, and when next I am in a tavern I will raise a glass to salute you.

all in a days work my good man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭ronano

mobile04 wrote:
    youd feckin think for 2 hours people could just shut it?
    me brother was just on the phone to me .he worked in the uci in england for a while

i was telling him about this post he said this african student was sleeping in the cinema for weeks after a night shift before he went to collage. you gotta laugh .......

God,how did he get by the cleaners/people noticing the guy there continously in the morning?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

If you ever want to "enjoy" been annoying by kids acting like tw*ts and getting away with it, just head to Dun Laoghaire. Basically in there you can do what you f-ing well like and nobody bats an eyelid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

This is why I rent movies and watch them at home.

This is why I also hate travelling on budget airlines (which is now all of them) as it's cinema knacker behaviour for 6 hours in an aluminium tube at 40,000 feet.

I blame the celtic tiger, bring back the days when the knacks were too poor to do anything more expensive than sniff glue. Plus the glue sniffing sedated them nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

BolBill wrote:
    If you ever want to "enjoy" been annoying by kids acting like tw*ts and getting away with it, just head to Dun Laoghaire. Basically in there you can do what you f-ing well like and nobody bats an eyelid.

In fairness now I was in Dun Laoghaire a couple of months ago and some kids were kicked out for messing - just report them to security and they'll throw them out, if not demand your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

gazzer wrote:
    I was in the Cinema in Rathmines a few years ago when the Exorcist was re-released and just when the head turning started and things started getting crazy a dog (the Marmaduke size and type) ran into the cinema aisle, sat down and started watching the movie barking and howling when the she-bitch started screaming "F**K ME, F**K ME"....

Im nearly after p**sing myself laughing here in work when i read that. I would have loved to have seen that

Yeah, it was a serious bit of light relief at the time...the usher that came in left him there for about ten minutes and no-one complained 'cause it was so funny, mind you there were only about 15 people in there at the time.

Love those huge Marmaduke dogs....anyone know what the breed is called?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I remember years ago, me and a few friends went to the cinema to see some family movie of some sort. Anyway, the place was packed and we had to sit about two rows from the front. Behind us we a few teenagers, about 15/16 and a baby. Just before the trailers ended we heard, "Oh, no. The baby's pissed itself!" I don't know if it was just my imagination, but the floor seemed stickier and there was a nasty smell!

And if that wasn't enough, I bought a packet of skittles and was struggling to openen them, when the bag exploded, showering me and those around me with skittles. The lights were still bright enough that every body in the cinema saw me and were screaming and laughing at me. And I didn't enjoy the film either!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I was in Waterford Cineplex maybe a year ago and there was two scumbags a few rows infront of me and my girlfriend, the two of them were drinking cans and after awhile they started smoking hash,

anyway a lad in the row behind them said something to them and they started on him..luckily one had more sense then the other and they moved down to the very front but still contined to smoke and drink oh and talk...

3 times I went outside to the lobby to find a member of staff or a manager, I looked everywhere and nobody was around, not the way I wanted to enjoy my evening
    I'm thinking they should put a bell at the counter you can ring for assistence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

In the Diamond Multiplex in Navan, the floor had just been waxed or something. There was a couple of teens skidding across the front row for a while before the previews came on, i was just waiting for it to happen. One of the girls fell flat on her arse, great!! Top thread, many a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Went to see 'The Sum Of All Fears' a couple of years ago, I was dragged there by a friend who's into war movies. Of course me, not wanting to be there stated that I would leave on the third full screen shot of an american flag... which took longer than expected, so in the interviening time, I spent shouting all over the cimema about how tom clancy stories are for thich headded retards and that anyone here to see this film are latent homosexuals, repressing there gay desires, through september 11th revenge fantacies, whice subconciously seeking an excuse to leer over ben affleck. All the people were pissed off at me big style but did nothing about it, ahhhhahahahahaha, it was fun, saved me watching that 'tarded film too, so it's not all bad!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

What a great friend you are.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Spacedog - you do realise you're precisely the sort of ****wit that we all hate here, yeah? You're neither clever or amusing, just the sort of selfish twat cinema goers rightly loathe.

Tell me though - do you care about the cinema experience? If you were enjoying something, would you like us screaming in your ear or annoying you?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

The bf and I went to see Hero a couple of months back and as in nearly all these stories the cinema was all nice and quiet until the film was just about to start when a group of about 10 teens come in and sit right behind us.

They took forever to settle down and then proceeded to eat their popcorn as loudly as physically possible....not something I ever want to hear again!

As the film went on they were obviously getting bored and started chatting and laughing. There were 2 girls in the group and fair play to them they kept telling the lads to shut up...but to no avail.

However they weren't too bad and were ignorable UNTIL they started having an ice cube fight. When one of the ice cubes hit the bf on the head he muttered "That's it!" and turned around and in his best scumbag accent said "If you don't stop your f*cking around, I'm going to smash your f*cking faces in" He looked pretty intimidating in the dark and the teens shut up pretty fast. They were quiet for the rest of the film and fairly fled when it ended. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Spacedog wrote:
    Went to see 'The Sum Of All Fears' a couple of years ago, I was dragged there by a friend who's into war movies. Of course me, not wanting to be there stated that I would leave on the third full screen shot of an american flag... which took longer than expected, so in the interviening time, I spent shouting all over the cimema about how tom clancy stories are for thich headded retards and that anyone here to see this film are latent homosexuals, repressing there gay desires, through september 11th revenge fantacies, whice subconciously seeking an excuse to leer over ben affleck. All the people were pissed off at me big style but did nothing about it, ahhhhahahahahaha, it was fun, saved me watching that 'tarded film too, so it's not all bad!!!! :)

You have to be joking Spacedog.....

It was a sh*t film though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Spacedog wrote:

My fist, your face.

Same time, same place.

Come on folks, it's not like I don't enjoy the cinema, but it was the sum of all fears were talking about here. frankly I think I was doing everyone a favour be destracting them from what was a rag of a film. It's not like I shouted out "it's his sled" at the beginning of Citizen Kane or anything.

The way I see it, if the general public are stupid enough to continually pay to watch cheesy hollywood crap, like the Fast and the Furious, American Pie, Van Helsing and The Day after Tomorrow, they should expect to be bothered by loud mouthed idots like myself. If I had my way they'd all be lined up and shot!

I went into extravision last week and asked to rent a copy of Goodbye Lenin, the guy behind the counter said they didn't stock it, but yeah it's a great film. It's because people are idiots that good films don't get shown, and excuse me if I upset a few while venting my frustration in a cinema, but they had it comming!

Agent Orange, thems fightin' words. I challenge you to a boxing match, with the proceeds going towards a worthwhile charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Cop yourself on spacedog, and stop being a muppet. You have no right to ruin other people's choice of film, no matter how crap it may be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

I agree it was a crap film Spacedog, but its the general public's choice if they want to see these types of films and the dont need a twat in the audience shouting his mouth off, why did you bother going to see it, its not like you didnt know what it would be like before you went to see it is it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

A few months back, I had the joy of watching a guy **** another guy, two rows in front of me and my mate. There wasn't anybody else in the cinema, except for some kids in the front row. I was getting ready to leave (don't need additional sound effects), the guy "finished" (onto the seat, btw) got up and left, while Mr. Sore Hand sat back and watched the film.

This is the Santry Omniplex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

did they even know each other?

i'm sorry, but in this situation i would of had to do somethin, i don't know what... but it would have been funny.

When me and my friends went to see Lost In Translation which had just been released, we notice a group of very young (6/7) girls at the front, about 15 minutes into the film one of them shouts "This isn't Freaky Friday" and they all get up and leave, literally thirty seconds after they leave it cuts to the Stripclub part with the background music "Sucking on my titties, looking at my pussy like you've never looked before", it was absolutely brilliant timing and had the whole cinema in stitches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

hee hee, kids are ****in stupid.. it took em 15 minutes to realise they were in the wrong screen.. where the fúck were their parents???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Spacedog wrote:
    Dip****, tbh...

doodle_sketch is off my christmas card list too, I'll fight you too, I'll take you all on! last time I checked this was a free country, my abuse of fellow cimema patrons was a combination of civil disobedience and an atristic, creative statement about crap cimema.

all I'm saying is that most examples of annoying pricks in cimamas given here are related directly to the content of the film. Passon of the Christ example. where I wouldn't be the biggest fan of the film, in fairness to it, it was an original peice of cimema, the example where the scum shut up and were moved by the picture illistrates my point.

also the example with me and the sum of all fears illistrates how a normal person can turn into a annoying prick when faced with the crapness of an unimaginative pile of ****e.

if you go to see a crap film which you will attract scum that's your choice, if you disagree with me, fine. if you want to call me a dip$hit, fine, jump to the defence of your beloved hollywood cliches, you filthy sheep!

I on the other hand would encourage everyone to improve the cinema experience for everyone by openly insulting bad films and the idiots who pay money to see them including yourself if needs be.

Futhermore, anyone who disagrees with me loves Ben Affelck.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Even if you dont like the movie Spacedog there is no point in destroying it for everyone. Thats just being a total ****wit to do that. Just makes you out to be the arrogant prick you probably are.

And you seem to like Ben Affelck, maybe you have secret feelings? PI and the Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual boards my help you come to tearms with your situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Spacedog wrote:
    my abuse of fellow cimema patrons was a combination of civil disobedience and an atristic, creative statement about crap cimema.
    Abuse of others is never a legitimate statement. Quietly getting up and leaving is.
    Spacedog wrote:
    if you go to see a crap film which you will attract scum that's your choice, if you disagree with me, fine.
    Ask for your opinions to be respected when you learn how to respect others, until then however, you know what you can do with your opinions.
    Spacedog wrote:
    I on the other hand would encourage everyone to improve the cinema experience for everyone by openly insulting bad films and the idiots who pay money to see them including yourself if needs be.
    No need to be a dick and do it while other people are trying to enjoy their film though. They paid the same amount as you to go in and watch it, and don't need some inconsiderate POS trying as hard as he can to spoil it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

The_Goose wrote:
    Went to see national treasure last night in Carlow! Everything is grand til the 7 nackers down the frontsatrt jumping over seats and talking on thier mobiles then they all leave, i think great , all back in again, the fat little ****ers go down to there seats but the other 3 have to sit in my row, next the fat 3 get up to come looking for paddy, "Hey paddy, we re goin to the pool hall" at the top of his voice. The ushers were called but could only walk in and out. Two mins later they re back in on the mobiles talking away!!! Why would you pay into the cinema to do this?????
    Plus they left and came back in, This is not allowed is it, I mean left the building!!!
    Anyway this is the third time this has happen in carlow so thats it, not payin 7 euro to listen and smell some knacker have phone sex with his cousin.

Was ther some thing about blocking mobile signals in the cinema?? they should have it everywhere!

carlow cinema is a joke, i almost got sacked from there a few years ago cause i had an arguement with someone who would not turn off their phone, and who later threatened me outside work.

They are owned by a crowd called film house ireland (joke of a company). all they are interested in is getting money in the door and nothing after that. sure the place is falling apart in carlow (and any of their other cinema's i have been in) will be interesting to see how the run the new place. And just to point out, at least 2 other cinemas mentioned in this thread are owned by the same company as far as i know, waterford cineplex and santy omniplex

as for the whole blocking mobile phones, was it not decided that this was illegal, as you had to transmit at frequencies for which a licence is required or some crap like that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement