Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Evilsbane wrote: »
    It'd actually make the most sense. Hell's Kitchen was only the dive that the comics make it out to be back in the 70s or possibly earlier. Apparently nowadays it's a very affluent area. And the Fantastic Four were astronauts; it'd make more sense to be active during the period when it was actually a new frontier (in fact, since I've always felt the Marvel universe is too New York-centric, I've thought about how interesting it would be to rewrite the FF as Russian cosmonauts, but that's just me). Finally, the X-Men make the most sense as an analog to the Civil Rights movement, which was in the 60s and 70s. All in all, a 60s/70s setting for all of the Fox properties would've made a hell of a lot of sense.

That was actually done in the What If series that Marvel put out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Kess73 wrote: »
    That was actually done in the What If series that Marvel put out.

Plus I think it would draw too many comparisons to Red Son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Plus I think it would draw too many comparisons to Red Son.

It would, just as the comic version did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Anything coming up against Red Son is gonna fall flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Kess73 wrote: »
    It would, just as the comic version did.

Ah I thought it was part of the early 90's 'What if?' heyday, didn't realise it was post Red Son. Although when I went to Google it one of the suggestions was 'What if the Fantastic Four were bananas?'....which actually occurred in 1982. Now there's a unique approach.

Advertisement