Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Begovic (Mig)
    Verthongen Rafael Fabio Harte (shawcross)
    yaya Michu Kebe (Kagawa) (Pienaar)
    Torres Bent Aguero

Any Thoughts?? £0 in the bank!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

iba wrote: »
    IMO Pool have alot of hard games at the beginning of the season. R u aLiverpool fn? If u r, I think u need to play with ur hea more than ur heart.

And 4 GW2, u will have 6 players against each other Man City v Pool

Can you please use proper words. Nobody wants to read text speak.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Settled on the following, I think

Cech(c)

Cole Harte Zabaleta

Walters Yaya Bale Noble

Pogrebnyak Torres Tevez

Subs: Begovic, Rafael, Maloney, Clyne

4.5m left over to bring in RVP or Rooney for Torres

Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

th_a7e1cc0d.jpg

Goalkeepers: De Gea is a solid goalie. He had a shaky start last near but improved as the season went on. He’ll be under pressure to perform with Lindegaard breathing down his neck. I think this will only benefit De Gea and he’ll keep plenty of clean sheets throughout the season.
    I picked Lindegaard as back up because *if* De Gea has been dropped, he will step in and take his place.

Defenders: I picked Ian Harte and Nicky Shorey because they both have valuable premier league experience. These two are both solid defenders and I can’t see Reading conceding many goals this season with these two in their defence. I also did some research and discovered that newly promoted teams get penalties every 3rd game, seeing as Ian Harte is Reading’s penalty and free kick take, I reckon he will score 15+ goals this season. I also think Shorey will chip in with 5+ goals.
    I reckon Phil Jones will have a quality season. He can play in both defence and midfield and he can score goals, especially if he’s been played in midfield. Having him in my team is a no brainer!
    On the bench I have Joey O’Brien who came on and did excellent for Ireland against Serbia last night. Mike Williamson is also on the bench and is a quality defender who will do well when called upon.

Midfielders: James McClean came out of nowhere earlier this year. I think McClean will start almost every match this season and I can see him scoring 15+ goals along with 20+ assists. James McCarthy is the future of Irish football and he will have a big season. This is the season where he will up his price tag. I say he’ll score about 8 goals this season but will have 20+ assists. Chris Brunt is a fantastic midfielder. He is so underrated because he gets you goals and assists. WBA would be relegated without him and he also has valuable international experience with Norn Iron. I picked James Milner for the exact same reason as Brunt. He had a good season last year and I think this season will be his time to shine. Mark my words, Milner will score 10+ goals and will have 30+ assists. I have Anthony Pilkington on my bench because he had a great season last year but I think he might suffer from second season syndrome. Nonetheless, I think he’s a fantastic player to have as back up.

Forwards: Peter Crouch will have a big season, just like his height! I reckon he’ll be the main man to score Stokes goals. If he produces more goals like he did against Man City, I say he’ll score at least 20 goals. Franco Di Santo is in for a big season! He scored two great goals against Arsenal last year and showed everyone his quality. I reckon with McCarthy’s passes, Di Santo will convert 95% of the chances given to him and will score 15+ goals. Andy Carroll is a phenomenal striker, he was unfortunate last season but I expect him to get 30+ goals this year, he is a brilliant technical player that will eventually fit into Brendan Rogers’ system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

^^^^^^^^

That has to be someone taking the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

obv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Draft 2.

Considering dropping Aguero for Tevez now and upgrading Graham to Podolski now that VP has moved. Thoughts? Do people think Tevez will settle as number 1 for City now over Aguero?

Also thoughts on Ramires? I'm thinking about shipping him out after the DGW but its hard to find a suitable replacement for 7 mill.

217282.jpg

^^^^^^^^

That has to be someone taking the piss.

You might think it is but its actually not. Every year I pick the same big players who play for the big clubs. This year I actually put some thought into it. I guarantee you my team will do better than yours! This is only my first draft, it will obviously change after the transfer window.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

nbar12 wrote: »
    I guarantee you my team will do better than yours!

Are you accepting bets on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

th_a7e1cc0d.jpg

Goalkeepers: De Gea is a solid goalie. He had a shaky start last near but improved as the season went on. He’ll be under pressure to perform with Lindegaard breathing down his neck. I think this will only benefit De Gea and he’ll keep plenty of clean sheets throughout the season.
    I picked Lindegaard as back up because *if* De Gea has been dropped, he will step in and take his place.

Defenders: I picked Ian Harte and Nicky Shorey because they both have valuable premier league experience. These two are both solid defenders and I can’t see Reading conceding many goals this season with these two in their defence. I also did some research and discovered that newly promoted teams get penalties every 3rd game, seeing as Ian Harte is Reading’s penalty and free kick take, I reckon he will score 15+ goals this season. I also think Shorey will chip in with 5+ goals.
    I reckon Phil Jones will have a quality season. He can play in both defence and midfield and he can score goals, especially if he’s been played in midfield. Having him in my team is a no brainer!
    On the bench I have Joey O’Brien who came on and did excellent for Ireland against Serbia last night. Mike Williamson is also on the bench and is a quality defender who will do well when called upon.

Midfielders: James McClean came out of nowhere earlier this year. I think McClean will start almost every match this season and I can see him scoring 15+ goals along with 20+ assists. James McCarthy is the future of Irish football and he will have a big season. This is the season where he will up his price tag. I say he’ll score about 8 goals this season but will have 20+ assists. Chris Brunt is a fantastic midfielder. He is so underrated because he gets you goals and assists. WBA would be relegated without him and he also has valuable international experience with Norn Iron. I picked James Milner for the exact same reason as Brunt. He had a good season last year and I think this season will be his time to shine. Mark my words, Milner will score 10+ goals and will have 30+ assists. I have Anthony Pilkington on my bench because he had a great season last year but I think he might suffer from second season syndrome. Nonetheless, I think he’s a fantastic player to have as back up.

Forwards: Peter Crouch will have a big season, just like his height! I reckon he’ll be the main man to score Stokes goals. If he produces more goals like he did against Man City, I say he’ll score at least 20 goals. Franco Di Santo is in for a big season! He scored two great goals against Arsenal last year and showed everyone his quality. I reckon with McCarthy’s passes, Di Santo will convert 95% of the chances given to him and will score 15+ goals. Andy Carroll is a phenomenal striker, he was unfortunate last season but I expect him to get 30+ goals this year, he is a brilliant technical player that will eventually fit into Brendan Rogers’ system.

You seem to have a bit of money to spare. My advice would be to try to squeeze Carragher and Berbatov in somewhere. I'm expecting big seasons from both of them. Minimum 15 assists for Carragher and 35+ goals for Berba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

podge018 wrote: »
    De Gea

Zabaleta Ivanovic Cuellar

Bale Ramires Michu Pienaar

Aguero Torres Bent

Subs: Jaaskelainen, Fabio, El Ahmadi, Gorkss (who will start in GW1 but mainly be bench filler).

Suppose what I need advice on specifically is Ramires, I don't rate him long term, but he seems to be the only Chelsea midfielder guaranteed 2 games in GW1, right?

Also, how worried would you be with no outfield players from Man Utd, Arsenal and to a lesser extent Newcastle and Liverpool?

Hi,

How do u know that Ramiers is guranteed 2 starts in GW1 please?

Regards

You seem to have a bit of money to spare. My advice would be to try to squeeze Carragher and Berbatov in somewhere. I'm expecting big seasons from both of them. Minimum 15 assists for Carragher and 35+ goals for Berba.

reading over it now, my figures may be over the top but all these players have goals and assists in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

th_a7e1cc0d.jpg

Looks like Andy Townsend has joined Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 spurskiely

Frederici.
    Walker. A cole. Gorkss
    Mata Noble. Van der vart. Ireland
    Torress Rooney Bent
    Begovic coloccini. Clyne. Kacaniklic

All views greatly welcome .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Pretty sure this is how my team will pan out. Not sure about Miyaichi. Actually not sure about Wigan more than Miyaichi.

Have 2.5 in the bank which at the moment is marked for Van Persie after GW1/2. Might tinker a wee bit more to get 3 in the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I think im going to risk the teves torres partnership and go with this, it has too much potential not to take the risk, opinions?

rsz_team_of_teams_2.jpg

im wondering should I fit in carzola for one of my midfielders?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ok so this is what i have for the moment will confirm it all for sure come Friday.

Any comments??

7795884062_e85911557c_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

im wondering should I fit in carzola for one of my midfielders?

kag > cazorla

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Opinions?

d0c01f55279a0364411c8a91ce035506.png?1345134653

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Opinions?

d0c01f55279a0364411c8a91ce035506.png?1345134653

Similar to my own we have 10 of the same players so i like it ha! I'm thinking of bringing Clyne in though for Shawcross myself to save the extra 1mil, hoping to bring Podolski in after GW1 for Pogrebnyak! Is Clyne a regular starter for Southampton or are people just using him as a cheap filler?

Also i'm planning on starting Pienaar over Walters, but that's just personal choice I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Any thoughts?
    5071844_133034432_7815380.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0R7FMW7AXRVCYMAPTPR2&Expires=1345136323&Signature=675DFXb8c1233888YHpmsE9rQtA%3D

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

th_a7e1cc0d.jpg

Im expecting Joey Barton and Darren Fletcher to really rip up the league for the first 1/3 of the season, maybe make some room for them in your midfield.

Think the 20m you have left over might come in handy during the season, maybe even for just getting defenders who'll play some games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

th_a7e1cc0d.jpg

Post of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

I know RVP messes up Kagawa and his potential positions for Utd but I still have confidence he is going o do well. Anyway here is my current team, would appreciate any opinions. My defence is the part I am least happy with.

teamb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

carlcon wrote: »
    Post of the season.

I like the fact that brunt is considered a must, because of his valuable international experience, so hard to find while looking through the premiership squads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

jolim24601 wrote: »
    35ks8x1.png

1st post. i understand noble is the pk/free kick taker for west ham. im tryin to go for midfielders that play in the hole minus bale so ill probably switch out mata after first gw but he could have a fantastic year; he was doing pretty well at the end of last season iirc.. also really want a utd player on my team after first game week. either kagawa or rooney.

as for qpr this is my personal bias since they signed park but i think they'll let in a lot fewer goals this year.

It's a good team, no doubt. I have some constructive criticism though...

Doubling up on Spurs MFs may not be too great. Both Bale and Siggy are quality and will no doubt do well over a season, but you're limiting yourself on the whole, IMO. The way I see it, while you're covering your bases in the Spurs midfield, you're losing out on another teams midfield. At some point I'd be dropping the one who's providing the least and bring in a United/City/Arsenal MF instead. If we had more MF spots, then maybe 2 Spurs lads would be useful, but as it is, I reckon it's better to mix it up.

The 2nd thing I notice is lack of City/United defenders. I understand the difficulty in picking a United defender pre-season, but you definitely should have a City player in that defence, IMO. Then, at some point after the DGW when we've seen United's defence take shape, I'd drop Cole for a United player.

But I'm being picky. It's a v.good team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

How do u know that Ramiers is guranteed 2 starts in GW1 please?

Regards

Well I don't, hence the question mark at the end of my sentence. I wold think he's the most likely though, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

stuck here..

kompany + graham or
    zabaleta + defoe

just for the first 3 GWs as i'll use wildcard during the international break. i would go with zab + defoe only if i knew zab would start that QPR game GW 3 but i can't be sure that's why i was going with kompany

thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

capture_18-2.jpg

Finalized my team there. A bit of a safe approach, what with the question marks over United's attacking lineup amongst other things, may have to use my Wildcard early, but happy enough to start with this and see how we go. 1.5 in the bank. Probably transfer out Cisse for Graham for GW2, Torres for Rooney or Aguero GW3. But like alot of others i'm sure, don't really have a clue how things are going to pan out :pac:

Advertisement