Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

This is my final team. Done tinkering!!!

teamfinal.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Right, brought in RVP for Rooney.
    If transfer of RVP falls through then it's RVP out and Rooney in.
    Thoughts on this team?

This, more than likely will be my starting eleven for saturday.

7790413548_98694baa7c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

F1ngers wrote: »
    Right, brought in RVP for Rooney.
    If transfer of RVP falls through then it's RVP out and Rooney in.
    Thoughts on this team?

This, more than likely will be my starting eleven for saturday.

7790413548_98694baa7c.jpg

I wouldn't risk Kagawa now with RVP up top and Rooney in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

United's midfield and strike force will probably line up like this when everyone's fit, unless I've forgotten someone obvious:

Carrick/Scholes

Kagawa

Valencia
    Nani/Young

Rooney

Van Persie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

delighted as a united fan to get RVP but it's really threw a spanner in the works of my FF team.

Provisionally I've dropped Kagawa for Noble to (+3.5)
    dropped Zabaleta for Cuellar (+1.5) to fund this next bit

Podolski in for Defoe (-1.0)
    and 4.0 left in the bank to transfer in RVP or Rooney for Torres or Tevez after gw 1.

That's what I've spent the last hour coming up with, will probably change it another 5 or 6 times before saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

*Sighs*
    You're probably right, but I like the cut of Kagawas' jib.

Options for Kagawa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

F1ngers wrote: »
    *Sighs*
    You're probably right, but I like the cut of Kagawas' jib.

Options for Kagawa?

Yaya Toure......8.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Hope Im almost done. Any advice appreciated.

De Gea

Evra Lescott Shawcross

Yaya Larsson Mc Carthy Hazard

Tevez Torres Pogrebnyak

Subs: Jaaskelainen Coloccini Noble Williams

With enough to buy Van Persie in the GW2.

Or some variation with midfield / defence from this lot, which I dont have the brain power to concentrate on now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Anyone else fancy having 4 United players? :D

tzBlg.png

(Totally not worth the crappy midfield)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

carlcon wrote: »
    Anyone else fancy having 4 United players? :D

My internet is fcuked so didn't see your image for a while. Spent a good few minutes looking at my team going 'Huh?'!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

I think im going to risk the teves torres partnership and go with this, it has too much potential not to take the risk, opinions?

rsz_team_of_teams_2.jpg

Really like this team, maybe the strongest ive seen. hard to get a more solid trio of DDG, Ferdinand and Zab and then the double gameweek for Gorkss (could maybe change for Clyne once Southamptons fixtures improve). Think I mite have heard Mccartney was injured, maybe keep an eye closer and could change to Demel if it looks like hes definitely starting. Barnett may not be a starter so maybe change to Bennett or Tierney.

Id just be worried that Kagawa wont feature as much if van persie signs. I dunno what other peoples thoughts on this are but I feel that Rooney will definitely play, and VP will prob play. If this happens I can see 2 proper wingers being played and 2 proper CMs leaving no room for Kag

Can allways change to pienaar, larsson or walters if you find theyre doing better than Michu, but at least he has a nice run of starting fixtures

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I thought I was getting comfortable with my team for the first 6 weeks but when I look at it I'm just not happy!

Opinions:

£1.5m in the bank with this

team5.jpg

Mata or Hazard? Will Mata play behind Torres and Hazard out wide? If so would I be better going for Mata? The likelihood is that I'll be dropping whichever one I pick around GW3.

Am I over reliant on on West Ham with two players from a promoted side?
    • The intention with this team would be to drop Cole and replace with a united defender.
    • Drop Hazard and replace with whichever of the 8.5m - 9.5m midfielders look the most appealing at the time.
    • Upgrade Torres to Rooney/RVP or Tevez to Aguero. If I have to go with Aguero and Rooney/RVP then it's going to mean switches throughout the team to make up the cash

What would your starting 11 be for GW1 from the team above?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Shane732 wrote: »
    Mata or Hazard? Will Mata play behind Torres and Hazard out wide? If so would I be better going for Mata? The likelihood is that I'll be dropping whichever one I pick around GW3.

I'm going with Mata. I trust him more than Hazard at the moment. I'll also be getting rid of him once I figure out what the United situation is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

35ks8x1.png

1st post. i understand noble is the pk/free kick taker for west ham. im tryin to go for midfielders that play in the hole minus bale so ill probably switch out mata after first gw but he could have a fantastic year; he was doing pretty well at the end of last season iirc.. also really want a utd player on my team after first game week. either kagawa or rooney.

as for qpr this is my personal bias since they signed park but i think they'll let in a lot fewer goals this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

RVP ruining my day big time.

So far I have:

DeGea

Zabaletta - Cole - Gorkss

Bale - Cazorla - Yaya - Noble

Tevez - Torres - Graham

Subs: Jussi, Pienaar, Tierney, Clyne

DDG will play every week in goals with Jussi to take his place if he doesn't start.

In defence, Zab will play every week. I'll figure out what to do with him by the time Richards returns, although it's likely to involve Lescott coming in. Cole is just there for two weeks. Hopefully Rafael will be starting by GW2 so I can swap them. The other spot will be filled by one from the remaining three.

In midfield, I've gone with Bale (reliable and guaranteed 90 mins), Yaya (guaranteed 90 mins but he's a short term option for me), Cazorla (my only EPL newcomer and the guy who I think will do the best from the newcomers available) They're all pretty expensive so if they're not scoring well they can easily be replaced. Yaya is the most likely of the trio to get the chop early on. Pienaar at 6.5m should be pretty reliable. Noble is unlikely to see much gametime in my 3-4-3 formation but is on penos and frees so should do a job if needed.

Up front, I've gone with Tevez, Graham and Torres. I have 2.0m in the bank. Whoever from Rooney and RVP is on penos will be likely coming into my team by GW3. The money from downgrading Cole to Rafael (hopefully) will mean I can afford either of these guys.

My plan is to stay away from United attacking players for about two weeks until it's clear where everyone will be playing. Not worth the risk right now with plenty of other good options in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

pVUal.png

Hopefully my final draft .

Fed
    Cole Kaboul Zabaleta
    Mata Bale Toure Pienaar Toure
    Torres Tevez

Subs
    Jussi Vaz Te Fabio Clyne.

Will listen out for AVB's press conference tomorrow and try and see if Kaboul will start or not .

Thoughts?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Hopefully my final draft .

Fed
    Cole Kaboul Zabaleta
    Mata Bale Toure Pienaar Toure
    Torres Tevez

Subs
    Jussi Vaz Te Fabio Clyne.

Will listen out for AVB's press conference tomorrow and try and see if Kaboul will start or not .

Thoughts?

I like it.

Not particularly keen on Vaz Te as I'm not sure he'll be the main man at West Ham given the arrival of Maiga. Would you consider Pogrebnyak at all?

Also, what's your plans for your 3 Chelsea players and week 3? Are you going to move some out before that or just bench them that week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I like it.

Not particularly keen on Vaz Te as I'm not sure he'll be the main man at West Ham given the arrival of Maiga. Would you consider Pogrebnyak at all?

Also, what's your plans for your 3 Chelsea players and week 3? Are you going to move some out before that or just bench them that week?

I had Pog in there but i wanted a Chelsea defender , Mata and Torres , i think having 4 players on Dgw is too much 3 is prob pushing it anyway .

Ideally Avb comes out tomorrow and says Michael Dawson will start ahead of Kaboul that will give me an extra .5 +1.5 i have left over leaving me with enough for Torres to Rooney swap otherwise i'll more than likely bring in Aguero for him .

Leaving Tevez & Aguero up front maybe isnt the brightest idea but ill have another look before Saturday .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Think i'm gonna go with this.
    Was thinking Mata out for Silva as soon as he's fit.

I know my bench is a bit slack with Harte and especially Dawson, so any help/advice would be appreciated...

ff_18.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

first draft after the VP drama. bit worried about mccartney not starting that first game, is he still injured?

69afe327e224266e9f59e68463adf736.png?1345111996

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Can anyone summarise (or point me to a summary of) the promoted teams and who we should be looking at for value there? Fantasy Football Scout has become a bit weird to navigate this year and I can't find anything decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Tweaked a little bit

Begovic

A Cole
    Zabaletta
    C Clark

Valencia
    Mata
    Larsson
    Kacaniklic

Torres
    Rooney
    Tevez

Subs: Green, Cuellar, Clnye, Mitaichi

Just a little worried about the vp signing. Will rooney play a bit deeper and not be the main man any more? Better changing to Aguero. Also will kagawa be pushed wide now leaving 4 players (Nani, Young, Valencia and Kag ) competing for 2 spots? Could replace Valencia with Bale or someone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Week 1.

Have 1 million in the bank. Have changed Rooney to Van Persie this morning. Its easy to downgrade to Rooney after a week or two, but harder to upgrade as i feel RVP's price may rise a lot if he has a good couple of weeks early on. I think they will take points off each other, but i'm unsure how to approach Man City's forwards as yet, i have a feeling Tevez may be a bargain. Aside from Van Persie, i'm prioritising starters and ditching unknowns like Hazard.

Ramires gets the boot after week 1. Satisfied with Hangeland at the back for now, bar week 2 when Fulham play United. Toure and Bale shuld get plenty of game time. Torrez and Ramires only chosen because of the DGW.

Gambling on De Gae starting each game, if he misses one i'll take the hit and sub him out for a 5.5m keeper.

Any criticisms? All welcome.

EDIT: Balls i really need to figure out how to use Snipping Tool properly so people see a picture and don't have to click on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

jesus i should not be getting this stressed about a game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Observations welcome on the team below please:

I will be playing 3 5 2 for 1st GW & then probably 3 4 3

Goal: DDG & (Henderson)

Comment: Planning on playing DDG every week.

Defence: A. Cole, Zabaleta, Hangeland, (McCartney (WH) & Stam (Wigan)).

Comment: A. Cole for DGW, Zabaleta coz I think u need a City defender & Hangeland coz Fulham seem to have nice opening fixtures (except 4 GW2 v Man U).

Mid: Yaya, Lampard, Valencia, Kacanikilic (Fulham), Noble

Comment: Need a City mid. Lampard 4 DGW (takes penos) can be replaced by Ramires (if he plays) or Pinnear, Ireland or McClean in the future. Valencia, now that he has 2 class strikers to feed, he must get plenty of assists. Kacanikilic, again Fulham have a good set of opening games except for GW2 V Man U. Noble, takes set-pieces and if anyoone can do anything at WH he will surely be involved, again could be replaced by Stephen Ireland if things turn sour.

Forward: Aguero, Torres & Pogrebnyak

Comment: Aguero, toss up between him and Tevez, but will c how it goes. Torres will be Captain for this DGW and Pog coz I have no money left.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

De Gea

Zabaleta Ivanovic Cuellar

Bale Ramires Michu Pienaar

Aguero Torres Bent

Subs: Jaaskelainen, Fabio, El Ahmadi, Gorkss (who will start in GW1 but mainly be bench filler).

Suppose what I need advice on specifically is Ramires, I don't rate him long term, but he seems to be the only Chelsea midfielder guaranteed 2 games in GW1, right?

Also, how worried would you be with no outfield players from Man Utd, Arsenal and to a lesser extent Newcastle and Liverpool?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

podge018 wrote: »
    Also, how worried would you be with no outfield players from Man Utd, Arsenal and to a lesser extent Newcastle and Liverpool?

Very worried.............!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

screenshot_00007.png

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

AdamD wrote: »
    screenshot_00007.png

Thoughts?

IMO Pool have alot of hard games at the beginning of the season. R u aLiverpool fn? If u r, I think u need to play with ur hea more than ur heart.

And 4 GW2, u will have 6 players against each other Man City v Pool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

iba wrote: »
    IMO Pool have alot of hard games at the beginning of the season. R u aLiverpool fn? If u r, I think u need to play with ur hea more than ur heart.

And 4 GW2, u will have 6 players against each other Man City v Pool

Nah Arsenal :P

I see your point though, will definitely need to get rid of a few before GW6, I want a pool defender for clean sheets though and Allen seems to cheap to miss out on.

Advertisement