Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Homer

That's a real stunner Homer. Is she a handwinder?

Yep. But with the 8 day movement not winding it quite as much as the last one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,188 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Homer wrote: »
    It's thinner than the 312 for sure. That along with the cleaner dial steered me to the 560 as opposed to the 312 in the end as I looked very carefully at both. I'll post some wrist shots tomorrow

wouldnt be hard the 312 is too thick imo thats why mine went, pity because its a lovely watch but the thickness was too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Yep. But with the 8 day movement not winding it quite as much as the last one!

Nice. Something intrinsically lovely about a handwound movement. Wish there was more of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

This arrived today - I'd been missing having an automatic diver for a while, and fancied something with a bit of colour. It's an automatic and 41mm wide.

No wrist shot yet, as I need to add some extra links.

21892784711_7710dcf7e6_b.jpg

First impressions are that the bracelet feels a bit average, especially around the clasp - but I'll see what it's like when it's on the wrist. I'm comparing it to my Breitling's bracelet today, which isn't really a fair comparison.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

iwsvhz.jpg

Found a late 1960's bracelet to match it. Very similar to the original optional and daftly rare type.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Eoin wrote: »
    This arrived today - I'd been missing having an automatic diver for a while, and fancied something with a bit of colour. It's an automatic and 41mm wide.

No wrist shot yet, as I need to add some extra links.

First impressions are that the bracelet feels a bit average, especially around the clasp - but I'll see what it's like when it's on the wrist. I'm comparing it to my Breitling's bracelet today, which isn't really a fair comparison.

So it was you.....I liked the look of it when I saw it..

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Wibbs wrote: »
    [Found a late 1960's bracelet to match it. Very similar to the original optional and daftly rare type.

Seriously...whats your secret to finding these things

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Nice watch Eoin, well you may wear. I might have to break my €200 self-imposed limit for one of these with a white dial, if you are ever tempted to sell......I promise to keep it away from the cow****e:).

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Nice watch Eoin, well you may wear. I might have to break my €200 self-imposed limit for one of these with a white dial, if you are ever tempted to sell......I promise to keep it away from the cow****e:).

The white and red one is a lovely colour combo and a bit different to most of the subs out there. To be honest though, this has reminded me of what good value for money a Steinhart sub is. It's been a while since I owed mine, but I remember the bracelet having a bit of a premium feel and it has the lovely domed crystal.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Longines - and I like how it's just different enough to not feel too much like a homage. But when it's the guts of 900 quid new, I think there's better out there if you're not too bothered about a brand name.

Anyway, here it is on the wrist. It wears bigger than I thought it would, which I'm happy about as 41mm is smaller than I would normally wear.

21704935620_1da0c0c412_b.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Seriously...whats your secret to finding these things
    Late nights, the patience that comes with a glass or three of claret and doing non english language searches. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Eoin wrote: »
    The white and red one is a lovely colour combo and a bit different to most of the subs out there. To be honest though, this has reminded me of what good value for money a Steinhart sub is. It's been a while since I owed mine, but I remember the bracelet having a bit of a premium feel and it has the lovely domed crystal.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the Longines - and I like how it's just different enough to not feel too much like a homage. But when it's the guts of 900 quid new, I think there's better out there if you're not too bothered about a brand name.

Anyway, here it is on the wrist. It wears bigger than I thought it would, which I'm happy about as 41mm is smaller than I would normally wear.

Really like that Longines Eoin. I've been on the hunt for a diver with a bit of colour lately and the Archimede Sporttaucher seems to tick all the boxes. €900 or so, red bezel, 41.5mm and not a mercedes hand in sight :)

st-det-rot-pvd.jpg

Eoin was it from Scotland?;)

Eoin was it from Scotland?;)

Yep, that's the one! It's really growing on me.
    Really like that Longines Eoin. I've been on the hunt for a diver with a bit of colour lately and the Archimede Sporttaucher seems to tick all the boxes. €900 or so, red bezel, 41.5mm and not a mercedes hand in sight :)

Lovely, nice modern feel to that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Wibbs wrote: »
    Late nights, the patience that comes with a glass or three of claret and doing non english language searches. :D

Booze and ebay have a lot to answer for.

That they do Sir, that they do… :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I've been searching for a watch since this time last year with no definite idea on what I wanted.
    Delighted to have stumbled across a Zodiac from the 50's. Very happy with it!

2rvzcm0.jpg

2z8dsa9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I've been searching for a watch since this time last year with no definite idea on what I wanted.
    Delighted to have stumbled across a Zodiac from the 50's. Very happy with it!

That is a fine watch. Look similar to some Zeniths and even a JLC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Being trying for a while to get a lume shot of the Datejust II. Eventually managed it, during the day even. A little bit of sunlight keeps it going for a long while.

20151002_132359_zpszedoi2mk.jpg

20151002_132313_zpsl1awznqd.jpg

Must get a lume shot of my PAM560 it's ridiculous! I thought my seiko sumo and tuna were bright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Ordered a distressed Grey NATO leather strap off ebay last week from a seller I have used before for my O1B. I was looking for something to give it more of a casual look but also keep the dress look to it and as I wear it as a daily beater most of the time, to take the weight down a little aswell.

What do you think?

364849.jpg

364853.jpg

364855.jpg

364856.jpg

Mods, please feel free to reduce size of pics...

• Advertisement

Very nice Lex. Wouldn't have ever thought about trying a grey strap but it really works with the Ocean one. I might get shot for this but I think sub style watches look much better on Nato and Zulu straps than bracelets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

And then there were two…

364941.jpg

Komandirskie.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Daemonic

And then there were two…
    Careful, it's a slippery slope collecting Vostoks. These are just the Komandirskie's in my collection.

Komadirskies.jpg

2B10DD75-A5F4-45D4-ACCE-81A430A87896.jpg

Daemonic wrote: »
    Careful, it's a slippery slope collecting Vostoks. These are just the Komandirskie's in my collection.

I've four more on the way! (I also have my eye on the Komandirskie K-35!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

picked up a calibre 6 Formula one
    very comfortable to wear

365078.JPG

051.JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Guten Tag!:D

Was wearing this today.
    a2583n.jpg
    T'is small at 34 and a bit MM, but wears nice on my thin wrist. Cracking gilt dial on these. Very nice quality stainless steel in the case that wears the years extremely well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Let's get a Friday vibe going.

Here's mine today (again)

2015-09-20%2012.09.57-10460M.jpg

Had it regulated a couple of weeks ago and it's gained 4 seconds over the past 13 days.

Rolex 3130 movement. Supposedly the same as the later 4 liner Cosc models.

Really love the lightness of this watch. Sooo comfy.

Have a good weekend everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

A gently modded stargate2 (SRP491K1)

From this:

SRP491K1-2T.jpg?1408684729

to this:

IMG_4106%202_zps9vi3tccx.jpg

IMG_4185%202_zpszcd5hnhl.jpg

• Advertisement

I did mention a few more images of the latest arrival.. and some of the lume. PAM560 with in house p5000 handwind movement and 8 day power reserve.

6C77F284A9804606AD9FF6F66A875636-0000341658-0003806015-00640L-5EF06C54ED534185815810DC45173DAA.jpg

87C81CC3DDC44C6A9D11817276D83D19-0000341658-0003806017-00640L-EC2B054ADCE14A8ABE2E7480619A16F2.jpg

B4B41C6A99674896943643EFE613C6C0-0000341658-0003806016-00640L-792FBEC668A24DE9B05AAD667C3497C0.jpg

This is a bit of a first for me, first brand new watch and first Chinese auto since I got the bug. It has a Seiko NH 35 movement, and the curved back makes it very comfortable to wear. Bezel is a bit out of line, I can't decide is the 6 or 12 that's off.

Wibbs if you could wave the magic (mod) wand and show us all a few photos, that would be good, thanks.

365153.JPG

365154.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

If we are doing lume shots...

20218927678_97fe57758c_n.jpg

Flickr isn't particularly intuitive is it...

I did mention a few more images of the latest arrival.. and some of the lume. PAM560 with in house p5000 handwind movement and 8 day power reserve.

Stunning...had helped me decide I want a PAM...

Prob looking at 112 or Base 000

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭GEO147

Didn't think I liked Panerai until I saw that above. WOW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,188 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Is that the oem strap Justin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Not sure where to post this but looking for a bit of help. Myself and Mitch B purchased a shark mesh from wjean recently. We need to resize the mesh and it's recommended to use a dremmel type cutting tool. Homer suggested I ask here so would anyone have one and be willing to lend us one/meet up somewhere? Alternatively do you think one of the fast fix watch stores would be able to do this?

Cheers

Sparrowcar

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Not sure where to post this but looking for a bit of help. Myself and Mitch B purchased a shark mesh from wjean recently. We need to resize the mesh and it's recommended to use a dremmel type cutting tool. Homer suggested I ask here so would anyone have one and be willing to lend us one/meet up somewhere? Alternatively do you think one of the fast fix watch stores would be able to do this?

Cheers

Sparrowcar

Have any of your neighbours got a small 4'' angle grinder, there are narrow 1mm cutting discs available for them.

Have any of your neighbours got a small 4'' angle grinder, there are narrow 1mm cutting discs available for them.

will look into it.

Cyrus wrote: »
    Is that the oem strap Justin

It came with rubber and a lovely black leather with white stitching in the box and the one in the pictures above was a spare one I had off my cave dweller. Have ordered a kyros tan leather for it also.

sparrowcar wrote: »
    will look into it.

Have you any pics of the buckle? How is it connected to the strap?

• Advertisement

Have you any pics of the buckle? How is it connected to the strap?

Like so..

Ya I suppose you could cut a set of links up near where the spring bar holds the strap to the lugs. Hold it in a vise between two strips of leather.
    If you are not sure what you are doing, make a cut shorter to the end than you actually need as a practice run first.
    After cutting you will need something like a small screwdriver to open the cut links a bit wider so that the piece of strap you don't want can be removed. Hope this makes sense.

How much has to come off? Remember that the links you cut will be taken off, so allow for this when you cut.

Ya I suppose you could cut a set of links up near where the spring bar holds the strap to the lugs. Hold it in a vise between two strips of leather.
    If you are not sure what you are doing, make a cut shorter to the end than you actually need as a practice run first.
    After cutting you will need something like a small screwdriver to open the cut links a bit wider so that the piece of strap you don't want can be removed. Hope this makes sense.

How much has to come off? Remember that the links you cut will be taken off, so allow for this when you cut.

Thanks for advice. We haven't touched them yet since they were delivered. I'm in work now but I'll have another read of your post this eve and see if it will work.

Problem sorted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭893bet

Just landed. Not sure yet if it is staying.

365522.jpg

Arrived today, with custom Bezel and a lovely vanilla smelling blue rubber strap

Not bad for 57 euro

2015-10-15%2015.16.37_zpswjttvdh8.jpg

2015-10-15%2015.16.45_zpsjhlbvmsq.jpg

This Vostok Komandirskie arrived today. I was going to put it on a black nato strap, but the strap that came with it isn't terrible. Might keep it. Small scratch on the crown guard, but it's a €25 watch made from chromed brass so .... not a big deal.

365671.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

This isn't a new watch, but I recently picked up a few straps from Watch Bandit, one of which is on my PO. Very comfortable strap, inexpensive and totally compliments the look of the PO.
    wl3rzq.jpg

I picked up a few of these straps, of different colours and widths (20mm and 22mm) for my wee collection and am very happy with the versatility.
    2psimtf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

I've been thinking about buying a similar Perlon strap but I've been wondering whether or not i should use shoulderless springbars as with a Nato strap. I presume the Perlon straps are as flexible around the Springbars as a Nato?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

I've been thinking about buying a similar Perlon strap but I've been wondering whether or not i should use shoulderless springbars as with a Nato strap. I presume the Perlon straps are as flexible around the Springbars as a Nato?

They are as flexible, yes. Stop thinking and just grab a few of them! :) My missus likes to wear my watches and loves that she doesn't have to get me to change the bracelets or other types of strap, now that I've changed them all to these perlon ones. They are all inherently the correct size, too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement