Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 Leinster Senior Hurling Final: Galway v. Kilkenny ; Croke Park; 5th July @16:00

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

What a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

That was ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

What a goal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

50f06e87afa96f2f45000052.jpg?w=400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Very Bored

Thought this would be the first serious championship outing of the summer and I'm not wrong so far. Thought there would be no more than two pucks of the ball in it at the end and so far its looking likely. Really good enjoyable fare, tough play out there and both are showing themselves to be serious contenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

It took probably the best goal I've ever seen to keep Galway in touch. Being honest Kilkenny are well on top since about 20 mins in. Galway couldn't keep the intensity up, they tired and then the mistakes came in. Their play has slowed as well. Canning has been well bottled up bar the goal, I wouldn't overly blame him for that but if Galway want to win they need a rethink.

Someone said there hasn't been enough first time ball into the Galway full forward line, but there was three around Canning for the goal. He won't score another like that so that long ball won't cut it.

Interestingly, Kilkenny are setup very defensively. I wonder will there be depth of analysis about this that there has been about Waterford and any other team that has employed a defensive system?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

Soft goal there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'd get aidan harte off rapido

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

If that was over carrying, I expect TJ Reid to be pulled up from now on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Tannian needs to get rid of the ball quicker. That's 3 times he's hung onto it and lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Referee a bit whistle happy since the break.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Come on Galway, ye can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Kilkenny getting some soft frees here since the break.

Tannion has been pretty awful in everything he's doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

corny wrote: »
    Referee a bit whistle happy since the break.

Pulls a galway player up for dubious steps but ignores kilkenny lads milling around in the tackle with the ball glued to their hand.

Another cody-certified "let it flow (but only for one team)" ref

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

Galway fouling a lot now.
    Giving KK easy scores

Galway architects of their own demise. Lots of poor stuff handing the initiative to KK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

corny wrote: »
    Tannion has been pretty awful in everything he's doing.

possibaly the most Jekyll and hyde player i have ever seen , he dose'nt do average very much

i would imagine kilkenny by there own standards wont be overly delighted with this performance win/lose or draw going forward in the championship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭letowski

Larkin is having a good game for KK. He is winning alot of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

The more I watch Galway the more I realise how poorly coached they are

Tannian has cost Galway about 0-4 today just from loose passes and getting turned over in possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

possibaly the most Jekyll and hyde player i have ever seen , he dose'nt do average very much

i would imagine kilkenny by there own standards wont be overly delighted with this performance win/lose or draw going forward in the championship

Ya he tends to be our MotM or a total liability

Richie Hogan dropping back is a master stroke. He's sweeping up everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Unbelievable the amount of times Galway get blocked or hooked and it's the same every year year. Surely something they could rectify!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

the galway short to medium passing is also playing into kilkennys hands , there exactly fluent in the whole thing , plus giving the height of there inside forwards they should be dropping it in a little bit more

Galway got back level but could never sneak in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Poor form as commentators when Marty and OGrady don't know who number 22 from galway is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Ref seems to be really helping Kilkenny along

Advertisement