Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JRPG general discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it possible that I might have to pay import duties/fines for sword art online ? Seeing as i got it from play Asia but chose the fed ex option for delivery.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Probably. Fed ex are dicks when it comes to handing everything over to customs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damn its in International shipment release - Import in dublin, hopefully it wont be held up too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭julan

This game looks cool Sephiroth

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Atelier games for Vita are on sale at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The Atelier games for Vita are on sale at the moment.

Would you have the play the Arland games in order? or is there one standout game of the three?

penev10 wrote: »
    Would you have the play the Arland games in order? or is there one standout game of the three?

I'd play them in order. The world changes going from game to game and part of the charm of the series is seeing that change and there's returning characters as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

• Advertisement

carbonkid wrote: »
    Oh i really like this. Kinda looks like a more traditional rpg mixed with valkyria chronicles.

Out oct 3rd.

Anyone played Battle Princess of Arcadias on ps3 before or Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi ?

Battle princess is fun, you might like it if you liked Odin sphere or muramasa.

As for Hakuoki, it's a visual novel, not a jrpg. It's not a great visual novel but I had fun with it. If you want to get into visual novels I suggest waiting for Higurashi to be released on steam, that's an incredible VN.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Battle princess is fun, you might like it if you liked Odin sphere or muramasa.

As for Hakuoki, it's a visual novel, not a jrpg. It's not a great visual novel but I had fun with it. If you want to get into visual novels I suggest waiting for Higurashi to be released on steam, that's an incredible VN.

Thanks retro, were they released as downloads only on the ps store ?

Battle Princess is Download only. Hakuoki got a physical release in the US on PSP but not PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The PS Vita version of Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library and Mamono’s Seal will launch on September 25 in Japan. The Aquaplus-published, Sting-developed dungeon RPG first launched for PSP in March 2013.

The standard edition will cost 5,800 yen. Pre-orders include a Vita protection sheet and wallpaper. An 8,200 yen premium edition including a special-make acrylic stand, microfiber cloth, and PS Vita pouch will also be available

I highly doubt this will ever see the light of day in the west, but it was a really good dungeon crawler on the PSP if you are not put off by all the fan service.

There might be a chance considering Atlus and Sting have a good relationship when it comes to publishing their games. I wouldn't write it off yet.

Fairy fencer F Is out this week for ps3,have it pre ordered from amazon.

As usual ill pick it up when it's on sale on playasia :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Final Fantasy XIII is coming to Steam in a few weeks. Are Square Enix planning to release all of the FFs on Steam does anyone know?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

I finished Last Story recently. Really enjoyed it. The battle system is very unique and enjoyable. The game can be a bit too easy but the last few bosses are brutal. The story really isn't the best and it ends with a twist that would make m night shymalan cringe, however the characters and banter between the band of mercenaries is fantastic. It's very natural and you well believe that they are a group of friends that have been through years of working together as a team. FfXIV seems to be going that way, just hope it can pull it off. Well worth playing and doesn't drag on with it being about 20-25 hours long. There's no other RPG like it.

Started FFX. I'm not liking it as much as when I first played it. The problem is the start is so bloody slow. At least it's beginning to pick up once I've reached Besaid. It's in stark contrast to FFVII which I turned on again to mess around with. That game is so well paced.

It's an absolute joy to be able to play FFVII and X in 60 Hz through the ys psn store and remastered versions respectively, it makes such a massive difference to how well they play and in the case of FFX nobody looks fat anymore since its in the correct aspect ratio!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

I often hear people criticize FF7 for how linear it is up until you leave midgar but personally I love the pacing of it, so much happens and you get thrown in with so many characters

Even when you leave Midgar the game is still linear. Not a bad thing though, most RPGs are, the overworld is just an illusion.

I much prefer FFVII when it's in Midgar myself. It's very well paced. After you leave Midgar that pacing slows right down and the rest of the game is no where near as interesting as Midgar. There's a few exceptions but they are separated by a lot of filler. It's very tonally inconsistent as well at that point.

The game was originally meant to be a detective story and set in Midgar with a much shorter play time. I figure they didn't want to rock the boat too much so the overworld was added to ake it more like a traditional RPG.

I already have the megadrive version. It's kind of generic to be honest. The big thing was seeing all the crazy stuff they pulled off on the megadrive in the game which will be lost in this release.

Damn I think it's only an NA Release.

If it's on PSN then that won't stop you buying it.

Very true

Did you finish it on the megadrive?

• Advertisement

Didn't play much of it and found it very hard to be arsed going on. Just got sidetracked with more interesting games. I started playing Phantasy Star 4 which was amazing and it wasn't going to compete with that game.

Advertisement