Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

But it's overtime the ones out on the motorway, getting paid nicely too....

Of course I would offer if they were outside a house say or for bathroom no issues.

I get nothing at all at work.

I'm not saying I expected it, or that any currently serving garda expects it, I was simply answering a specific question on whether it was common with an anecdote highlighting just how uncommon it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

source wrote: »
    I'm not saying I expected it, or that any currently serving garda expects it, I was simply answering a specific question on whether it was common with an anecdote highlighting just how uncommon it is.

Appreciate the work by the way,vwasnt meant as an attack.
    I would say extremely uncommon alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Well then the question has been answered. Now back to our regular scheduled programmes!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Had it a few times, especially during the first lockdown.

Had Ryan tubridy bring me coffee once outside his house at an rtc

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭easygoing1982

salonfire wrote: »
    Does the sirens start to grate after a while or are you used to them? Anyone wear earplugs or anything?

Towards the end of that video, I had to turn the sound off!

Your easily annoyed.

• Advertisement

salonfire wrote: »
    Does the sirens start to grate after a while or are you used to them? Anyone wear earplugs or anything?

Towards the end of that video, I had to turn the sound off!

You get used to them and don't notice them too much. You're obviously aware as you'll be changing tones to suit the situation but you are also busy watching everything around you and getting updates on radio if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Off topic, not worthy of its own thread. Checkpoint near where I live all week. Passed by it a few times. Yesterday I went by as normal, went to the local spar and bought 2 coffees for the guys on the checkpoint. The weather has been ****e all week and thought they could do with a lift. Is this a common occurance from the public or is it few and far between?

At a scene last year in the freezing cold sitting in the van, a lady came out of her house after ordering a take away she gave me a bag of chips with a few slices of buttered bread and a coffee.

Off topic, not worthy of its own thread. Checkpoint near where I live all week. Passed by it a few times. Yesterday I went by as normal, went to the local spar and bought 2 coffees for the guys on the checkpoint. The weather has been ****e all week and thought they could do with a lift. Is this a common occurance from the public or is it few and far between?

Got a cup of tea from someone's flask at a scene before. Had two taxi drivers offer to get me tea on separate occasions while on a post.

There is a lot of decent people out there and do it as a token of thanks for the job done. None of us go out expecting it but it's nice get the offer.

I love that people will stop you for a chat when out and about too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

I was on checkpoints during one of the Horse fairs in the west some years back and members of the public were going to lots of trouble to make sure all of us had all the tea, coffee or biscuits we needed.
    It rained solid all that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Your easily annoyed.

And you're easygoing!

• Advertisement

Sorry lads, its not my intention to derail the thread. You may wear the uniform but you are also human at the end of the day and today you may be on a checkpoint in the freezing cold but tomorrow you may be pulling a body out of a ditch. If a cup of coffee is my way of saying thanks well so be it.

Sorry lads, its not my intention to derail the thread. You may wear the uniform but you are also human at the end of the day and today you may be on a checkpoint in the freezing cold but tomorrow you may be pulling a body out of a ditch. If a cup of coffee is my way of saying thanks well so be it.

Agreed on that. We bought coffees for DFB ambulance lads two nights ago. It’s courtesy....

Agreed on that. We bought coffees for DFB ambulance lads two nights ago. It’s courtesy....

Was the handover hard with them always flying around on blues apparently?

Was the handover hard with them always flying around on blues apparently?

Handover of what lad? We bought them coffees because there was a brawl in a house and one them got hit with a full bottle of coke, we were leaving and drove by a costa and turned back

Handover of what lad? We bought them coffees because there was a brawl in a house and one them got hit with a full bottle of coke, we were leaving and drove by a costa and turned back

Coffee. I was referring to the post in the siren thread.

The eye sore(kona) of the district is gone it didn’t last long 3 months to be exact it’s now in a station far far away

The eye sore(kona) of the district is gone it didn’t last long 3 months to be exact it’s now in a station far far away

Every time I see one, I just think Aw Bless!!!!

Do ye not remember fiesta vans?

Dohvolle wrote: »
    Do ye not remember fiesta vans?

I would take a Yaris over the Kona!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Kona on a checkpoint at Lissenhall, Swords the past 2 weeks. God awful looking Garda car.

• Advertisement

At a scene last year in the freezing cold sitting in the van, a lady came out of her house after ordering a take away she gave me a bag of chips with a few slices of buttered bread and a coffee.

Jaysis, you will be accused of corruption if you do this in future!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Kona in Donnybrook, bit like the UK Panda car, good for D4 community policing. Saw a black, marked Tucson, reminded me of a better time when there was just GARDA on the cars, not a plethora of multi colour stickers.. 😎

Capri wrote: »
    Kona in Donnybrook, bit like the UK Panda car, good for D4 community policing. Saw a black, marked Tucson, reminded me of a better time when there was just GARDA on the cars, not a plethora of multi colour stickers.. ��

:D the recent got rid of the 07 focus saloon marked for that I believe, they also inherited the pearse street combo van.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Jaysis, you will be accused of corruption if you do this in future!!!

judge I didn’t see the stolen car there was to much steam from chips, fogged the windows up in the van, we aren’t allowed leave the ac on because we get sleepy. (My way out pre planned)

foreign wrote: »

Good spot, but yeah it started as a demo hybrid, it is now in full service with Surrey RPU

Police Vehicles don't need MOTs apparently. Their own roadworthiness test is more stringent, but it does not show on the normal database as being tested. However once they are disposed of at auction, a full test history magically appears.

Dohvolle wrote: »
    Police Vehicles don't need MOTs apparently. Their own roadworthiness test is more stringent, but it does not show on the normal database as being tested. However once they are disposed of at auction, a full test history magically appears.

Given it was a demo car and not an official police patrol car it is still technically a private car. MOT is three years so I would assume it was MOT’d prior to purchasing.

Good spot, but yeah it started as a demo hybrid, it is now in full service with Surrey RPU

There's a 67 Reg Merc like that in the last season of Line of Duty too. I wonder if its that same car?

The Kia film police cars never seemed to catch on.

• Advertisement

Did the coffee thing for the lads near my neighborhood again today.

I felt sorry for them on 2 fronts. It’s f**king freezing and they were driving a KONA!!!

Happy Christmas!!!

Advertisement