Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Ah cool. Thanks :)

Its a pity they dont have webtexts for the really cheap people like me out there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Ah cool. Thanks :)

Its a pity they dont have webtexts for the really cheap people like me out there

Is 5000 texts a month not enough for you?!

It is but if there was web texts I would be able to put off topping up for a bit

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

It's but it will be handy to have Webtext for when abroad as you could use the webtext for texting friends back home while on wifi, in my case in 2 weeks hols I can send over 100 txt back home that will cost me quite a bit with 48 months but would be free with others that have webtext like O2, Meteor, etc. I thinks also some free international free text on web or phone will be handy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

nava wrote: »

It's but it will be handy to have Webtext for when abroad as you could use the webtext for texting friends back home while on wifi, in my case in 2 weeks hols I can send over 100 txt back home that will cost me quite a bit with 48 months but would be free with others that have webtext like O2, Meteor, etc. I thinks also some free international free text on web or phone will be handy :D

There are companies like voipbuster who let you buy web texts. You can use an iPhone app like jelly SMS to send the emails when you ar in a wifi area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

what are they like for smartphone users regarding internet usage?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

TimMac wrote: »
    what are they like for smartphone users regarding internet usage?

1 EUR per hour from May 1st 2012. Not suitable for smartphones that constantly use data. Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

Anyone else waiting on a micro sim? I've ordered one 3 times still no
    Sign!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

wait.... since when it's 5000minutes? I'm pretty sure it was unlimited when I ordered it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭mcw92

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    wait.... since when it's 5000minutes? I'm pretty sure it was unlimited when I ordered it...

Its called a 'Fair Usage Policy' all plans that say unlimited usage have a fair usage policy.
    Every network that says either unlimited texts/calls/data always has a fair usage policy.

48 T&C - Fair Usage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 bustertypsy

My granny's mother signed up last week and is now making calls to her great aunt.So the age restriction malarky is a farce.

mcw92 wrote: »
    Its called a 'Fair Usage Policy' all plans that say unlimited usage have a fair usage policy.
    Every network that says either unlimited texts/calls/data always has a fair usage policy.

48 T&C - Fair Usage

from their "Fair Usage Policy":
    Your use may also be considered by us to be excessive where you call more than 100 different phone numbers or text more than 200 different numbers over the course of any monthly period that applies.

that's a lot of bull methinks

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    from their "Fair Usage Policy":

that's a lot of bull methinks
    I'd call over a hundred people each month :( I'll let yas know what happens me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭bren2001

Network is down incase anybody is wondering why calls and texts are not working. Got an email to say the o2 network is experiencing major difficulties.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

bren2001 wrote: »
    Network is down incase anybody is wondering why calls and texts are not working. Got an email to say the o2 network is experiencing major difficulties.

good man Bren, was wondering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

Its a farce, single point of failure

http://help.48months.ie/entries/20871306-48-updates

• Registered Users Posts: 24 oneteu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

Their data centre guy is on the case ;)

india-power-demand.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

powertheft-070709.jpg

He found the fault won't be long now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

Calls are back working since 3 o clock... Texts still not working.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

mcw92 wrote: »

48 T&C - Fair Usage
    Fair usage policy extract:
    ..... fair use threshold currently set at 3,000 minutes and 5,000 text messages for every monthly period that applies. Your use may also be considered by us to be excessive where you call more than 100 different phone numbers or text more than 200 different numbers over the course of any monthly period that applies. ....
    Sure you'd be frying your brain @ 100 minutes talktime a day!

Won't someone think of the children? :p

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

I'm still having problems with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Has anybody noticed an issue with receiving calls from Vodafone on the 48offer? People ringing me are getting a number not inuse message. I don't know how many calls I'm missed. I switched from Meteor just over a week ago. I've reported it to 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

I've started to get spam texts after switching to 48. Because they're shortcode numbers, I can't text back STOP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

E30i wrote: »
    Has anybody noticed an issue with receiving calls from Vodafone on the 48offer? People ringing me are getting a number not inuse message. I don't know how many calls I'm missed. I switched from Meteor just over a week ago. I've reported it to 48.

I've had friends on all networks telling me they can't get my number to ring. I'll have to port away from them again if this continues.

doxy wrote: »
    I've had friends on all networks telling me they can't get my number to ring. I'll have to port away from them again if this continues.

happened to me with Tesco Mobile some time ago, terrible experience wondering all the time if people cab get through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Network now showing as "Tesco Mobile" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

My friend is on O2 billpay and it costs him 9cent per text to me on 48. On the bill it comes up as Tesco Mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

It's because Tesco Mobile and 48 are both MVNOs piggypacking O2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

E30i wrote: »

I've been on to 48 and received this reply, issue is still present.

'This has been identified as a routing issue between Vodafone and 48.

Both parties are involved here and need to sort this out between them.

We have guys working on it now so we hope to have this sorted soon for you'

Advertisement