Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

I need some advice! My mum, who is the best in the world and has done so much for me, especially lately, is starting to interfere already... I knew it was just a matter of time. She rang this morning with a few baby names (she obviously doesn't like the ones I've picked). So I told her nicely but firmly that I didn't want to talk about it again. Then I mentioned that I needed to pick up a few sheets for the moses basket that my brother is giving us & she proceeded to tell me that there's no need for them that she already has a packet of cot sheets picked up! And yesterday when I told her I saw a nice second hand changing unit on the internet she rang the guy up and enquired about it! I know she only means well but she's going to be very interfering - I can sense it. My brother's wife had a baby last year and she didn't interfere because she didn't think it was her place and I was surprised how laid back she was. But for some reason she thinks she can control this situation - she even has tons of stuff for my hospital bag already. And she mentioned a few weeks ago that I'd probably be coming straight home to her when I get out of the hospital - even though I live in Dublin and she lives two hours away... and my OH has 2 weeks paternity leave from work so we obviously want to spend those 2 weeks on our own learning how to function with our little baby! I think she was a bit shocked when I told her I'd be going to my own place...

I know that I'm lucky to have her around and she means well but this is something that I want to do my way... how am I going to approach this without offending her!? This is just her second grandchild and I'm her oldest girl - she's always been a little bit interfering in my life but I've always let her interfere because it makes her feel involved, whereas my sister would tell her where to go! So I think she knows I'm a soft touch and I know she's excited but the last thing I want is for her to be telling me how I should be doing things...

Its your mum - talk to her frankly or I would make a joke of it and slag her, don`t get too heavy unless she keeps pushing. Something like - "you can buy for the next one I`ll be over it by then - the shopping is the exciting bit isn`t it haha"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Just back now! Wasn't waiting that long after all. Consultant was lovely, did a little scan, I did look for those 3 lines or the circle, but I saw something that resembles both, but one where I think it should be! But I won't say anything just yet.

She suggested that I go to the midwives clinic for my next visit as I have a complicated free pregnancy. Less waiting times she said. So I don't go back until the end of may.

She was reading my chart and was like "second child in..........TEN yrs??!!" I was like "yeah, my daughter is 11 this month" she said "oh my! At least you will have help"

Hi ladies,

I need some advice! My mum, who is the best in the world and has done so much for me, especially lately, is starting to interfere already... I knew it was just a matter of time. She rang this morning with a few baby names (she obviously doesn't like the ones I've picked). So I told her nicely but firmly that I didn't want to talk about it again. Then I mentioned that I needed to pick up a few sheets for the moses basket that my brother is giving us & she proceeded to tell me that there's no need for them that she already has a packet of cot sheets picked up! And yesterday when I told her I saw a nice second hand changing unit on the internet she rang the guy up and enquired about it! I know she only means well but she's going to be very interfering - I can sense it. My brother's wife had a baby last year and she didn't interfere because she didn't think it was her place and I was surprised how laid back she was. But for some reason she thinks she can control this situation - she even has tons of stuff for my hospital bag already. And she mentioned a few weeks ago that I'd probably be coming straight home to her when I get out of the hospital - even though I live in Dublin and she lives two hours away... and my OH has 2 weeks paternity leave from work so we obviously want to spend those 2 weeks on our own learning how to function with our little baby! I think she was a bit shocked when I told her I'd be going to my own place...

I know that I'm lucky to have her around and she means well but this is something that I want to do my way... how am I going to approach this without offending her!? This is just her second grandchild and I'm her oldest girl - she's always been a little bit interfering in my life but I've always let her interfere because it makes her feel involved, whereas my sister would tell her where to go! So I think she knows I'm a soft touch and I know she's excited but the last thing I want is for her to be telling me how I should be doing things...
    She might not realise it! You need to tell her, that you appreciate it, but you look forward to gathering the bits and pieces yourself and that you can't wait to be a little family of your own with hubby
    If you don't tell her now, it will be a hell of a lot worse once baby arrives!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Mamaheidi, maybe have a little heart to heart with your mam and just be honest and explain to her that you & OH really want to enjoy buying bits and bobs for baby, putting hospital bag together yourself, picking your own names. Just tell her that it's a rite of passage for a new mum and you feel strongly about it. Ask her nicely to call you first before she buys anything for baby or you etc as it may be something you want to pick our yourself.

For when you have baby I'd also make a firm rule that you & OH are going to be holed up for two weeks with the baby and there will be very specific visiting hours for her, ie; she will not be there day and night. Tell her that you will play it by ear as you may find that you want her there more or maybe when OH goes back to work you'll want her to be around to help you (you probably will & she'll be far more use to you then).

It will take a heart to heart but if you get her to understand that if she does everything for you it will take the "special" out of the whole experience.

If my mam was still around I think she would have moved into my house already to look after me haha, she was baby mad & major Irish-mammy. Would have loved her to be around for this but I would have been very firm with her re boundaries. It will be ten years she's gone next month.

Luckily I also have a brilliant mother-in-law, she's already got 3 grandkids so I think she's going to give us all the space we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Thanks guys.

Mink I'm sorry that you're mum isn't around. I know I'm lucky in so many ways to have my mum because she's just great. She thinks she's saving us a fortune and doing us a favour so her heart is in the right place. You're right though, the heart to heart is needed or else I'll go cracked when the little one arrives.

Thanks ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Thanks for the tip on the app nyquistfreak, must have a look for one of those. I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to books and refuse to move with the digital! Was just thinking to myself this morning when I'm on leave, I'm going to join the local library, just have to figure out when I'm going to have the time to read the books!

Mamaheidi, maybe you should talk to your mum. I know my mum doesn't interfere directly, but she wld have my head wrecked about what my brother is doing wrong, but never say it to him directly. I'd say she'll have my sister wound up when I have the baby.

I wouldn't bank on getting much quality time just the three of ye when ur oh is on his paternity leave tho. In my experience that's the busiest time for visitors! My neighbour had a baby a few months ago and she was barely in the door when people started streaming in to visit. I felt so sorry for her, their house was full all weekend and every evening during the week. I'd say the baby was nearly three weeks old by the time they got some time on their own. I was early going to go out and stop people going in, I felt so bad for the girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Like the others have said - talk to her, tell her how you feel, and what you are worrying about. Explain that you'll need time to learn how to be an awesome mummy on your own, that she has been a great teacher, and that you will have her head wrecked from all the questions.

If she's anything like my Mummy Dearest, she'll be over the moon to feel wanted and valued, but would hate to feel like she is over stepping the mark.

For anyone with a smartphone, I recently discovered a nifty application yoke that lets you read digital editions of books on your phone, seriously a life saver if you're stuck in a waiting room on your own!! Aldiko book reader is a nice free one for android that I'm using, but I think there's a whole bunch of them there on the android market. I got the whole Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) series off a friend of mine...I think they might have downloaded it for free off a torrent site somewhere? - very bold yes but I'll not look a gift horse in the mouth! I thought at first that it would be really super annoying to try to read on the tiny screen like that, but it really does beat carting the book around with you, and you'd get used to it fairly quickly! Using the black screen with white writing style on it now and it really helps the glare factor too! :D

I could not live without my eReader! Despite being a geek, I used to be very traditional when it came to books, and put off using one for ages under the assumption that it just wouldn't be the same. But then hubby bought me one for xmas - and I swear it's barely left my sight since. I think it will be great for when baby arrives - I can already see myself breastfeeding with one hand while reading with the other :)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

I have started a baby stuff wish list on Amazon and have been adding away from Kashs baby essential thread :)
    You can have seperate wish lists on Amazon & I thought it would be helpful for anyone who wants to get us stuff but also allowing us to get our choices! They can get the items from anywhere as Amazon now allows you to delete stuff you have bought for somewhere elsewhere.
    Thought I would share in case anyone else thinks it would be useful to them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

I've actually the opposite problem here no one calls to see the boys at all.. Mil will call if one is sick but other then that we dont see many. Pil and Sil live 6 doors away and never do we get offered help. Now I'm not complaining, cause Id hate to have people interfering but once in a while would be nice. We haven't gotten a congrats on this pregnancy from dhs side at all,all I keep getting is"how are you going to cope with 5" ?? I know in going to cope,I don't need their remarks.

When ds4 was born we got no cards or presents.even for his christening we got nothing sorry rant over !!

I've actually the opposite problem here no one calls to see the boys at all.. Mil will call if one is sick but other then that we dont see many. Pil and Sil live 6 doors away and never do we get offered help. Now I'm not complaining, cause Id hate to have people interfering but once in a while would be nice. We haven't gotten a congrats on this pregnancy from dhs side at all,all I keep getting is"how are you going to cope with 5" ?? I know in going to cope,I don't need their remarks.

When ds4 was born we got no cards or presents.even for his christening we got nothing sorry rant over !!

That's terrible, don't blame you for ranting! I don't know if we're going to have people calling in but highly doubtful as we're a little farther from everyone else and we've never been a "ah sure call over whenever" type couple as we're not at home much (that'll change now).

I'm going to limit the visitations after baby arrives to probably the one day and just enjoy the rest of the two weeks with OH being there. I don't want people showing up unannounced or everyday, that would drive me nuts. Aside from the fact that I'm sure I'll look like a banshee/dragon for the first while til I get my act together.

Then when OH goes back to work, my sisters are coming over from UK to stay for guts of a week (overlapping each other a bit) so they can help. I was initially really against this as I want to do everything on my own but then I realised that I'll probably enjoy getting the help. Plus one of them I was her birth partner for her baby and she lived with me after he was born and I helped her for ages so she owes me haha. My mother-in-law is 20mins up the road if I get really stuck for help as well.

Seeing as I have never got a " congrats on getting engaged" "congrats on getting married" or a "congrats on being pregnant" from my MIL, I won't be expecting anything from her.
    My mother on the other hand has helped me raise my daughter ( as I was a single parent) she still minds her everyday and gets her off to school etc. i'd be totally lost without her, I know she will help with baby in a heartbeat, but I think she will keep her distance also. She's never the interfering type but just always there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

Hi ladies
    my first time posting on this thread :)
    im nearly 20 weeks now (due July 29th) and starting to worry. This is my second pregnancy and am terrified ill get pre-eclampsia again like i did with my first child back in 2001. Just wondering if it will happen again or if anyone has had a similar experience ?

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl*
    Tinkerbell79 - ????
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Mink- 28th July
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July

Welcome Jenny! Sorry can`t help no experience wiht pre eclampsia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Jaysus a lot of us were busy last October lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Welcome Twomums2be and Jennytightlips!!

I presume same will happen as on previous 2, lots of vistors in hosp then few when home but not 2 many which was grand as this was dhs time off then when dh went back 2 work nobody came by which was fine at times but could have done with company once in a while:(

Mamaheidi definitly think heart 2 heart is the answer at least ull both know wer u stand then!!

I cant wait for next scan and find out wat im having the more i hear u all talk bout knowing the sex the more excited im gettin-bring on 7th of april!!!

Welcome Jenny and congrats! I had my last baby in 2001 too!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

MH just be honest with your Mum. My Mum is interfering aswell but I just tell her off straight away. It sounds like you get on really well with her so be straight with her!!

My poor fiancee has already got it in the neck for allowing me to go public and did he not know about private health insurance blah blah blah. She thinks that everything is covered under the plan I am on even though I keep telling her we will have to pay about 4grand even with health insurance. She has no idea about money.

She asked me what religion I was going to christian the baby and I was like COI because I am and fiancee is catholic but I like COI and he doesn't care. She was like thank god because COI is so much better and I was really cross with her about that I nearly said I had changed my mind and he/she will be catholic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Oh and regards to visitors I would imagine there will be loads and my mum will be over every day which is actually ok with me even though I don't really get on with her. I've said my sis can stay as long as she wants as she's really easy going and has her own car etc etc.....I'd be afraid my mum would stay and never leave. She's already hinting about moving into my fiancee's granny flat......which is now not a granny flat as he's made it part of the house.

I'm living with my Dad at the moment so she doesn't just drop in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

we must be mad silly! toddlers and teenagers at the same time lol :)

• Advertisement

we must be mad silly! toddlers and teenagers at the same time lol :)
    I know! My daughter will be 11 in 2 weeks.
    She was all questions yesterday, " did you buy maternity clothes when you were having me? Did you buy pregnancy books? Did you go to antenatal classes? Cos if you didn't do those things with me then i'll be very upset because you are doing them now"

Aww Silly that's so funny!!!

I have the worse god awful cough ever the past week, i cannot shift it, going doctors today to see is there anything she recommends...

javagal wrote: »
    Aww Silly that's so funny!!!

I have the worse god awful cough ever the past week, i cannot shift it, going doctors today to see is there anything she recommends...
    I think lemon/honey and hot water is what I was told a while back by my dr.

silly wrote: »
    I think lemon/honey and hot water is what I was told a while back by my dr.
    Yeah, I've been drinking gallons of it but it seems to get worse and more phlegmy!!

any excuse to go to my gp and hear baby too!

Same here - lemon and honey was all I should take (but not the fancy stuff, as it can contain harmful something or other).

If it's phlegmmy, then covering your head with a towel and breathing in steam is great for helping you get rid of it.

Girls, I just read the first page of the breastfeeding support thread over in newborns and toddlers. And to say I'm terrified is an understatement. They seemed to be all in pain, one girl thought she was going to die!!!
    I'm not sure if I can do it now.

Girls, I just read the first page of the breastfeeding support thread over in newborns and toddlers. And to say I'm terrified is an understatement. They seemed to be all in pain, one girl thought she was going to die!!!
    Course we can! We just come on here and complain to each other!
    Not lookin forward to it either but the benefits are too important to baby, and good for your health too!

Also remember that usually people post when there is a problem. If someone's breast feeding away grand, they're hardly going to post about it. It's always the first two weeks where problems can be as you adjust and then it smooths out. That's what I was told by BF'ers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Ya that thread scares me too... abit like the hospital bag one! We'll be fine though honestly: and breastfeeding not for everyone either...

Argos have a up to half price sale on baby and nursery stuff for anyone buying things: they have starter bottle sets, monitors at half price (video ones and the anglecare mat one too), toys and things (and a competition to win a €1000 worth of baby stuff!).

I know! My daughter will be 11 in 2 weeks.
    She was all questions yesterday, " did you buy maternity clothes when you were having me? Did you buy pregnancy books? Did you go to antenatal classes? Cos if you didn't do those things with me then i'll be very upset because you are doing them now"

Love how your daughter is making sure baby is not being treated any different than she was, even in the womb!
    You won't get a look in when baby's born...you should give her extra pocket money to do the night feeds ;)
    javagal wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been drinking gallons of it but it seems to get worse and more phlegmy!!

any excuse to go to my gp and hear baby too!

Hope doc can help with the cough, but I was reading the HSE no antibiotics document the other day and I was surprised by how long it takes things to clear up!

Like the other girls said, we'll all do it together. And if its not for you, its not for you!
    I feel bad because I have firmly decided that I'm only going to Bfeed for the first six weeks, but I just don't want to be one of those people who is stuck to the baby for months on end.

• Advertisement

kildareash wrote: »
    I feel bad because I have firmly decided that I'm only going to Bfeed for the first six weeks, but I just don't want to be one of those people who is stuck to the baby for months on end.
    oh if I can do it for a month I'll be happy with that! I wouldn't be very comfortable breastfeeding in public, not that I mind others doing it, just I wouldn't be able for it myself. And when I already have one child, who will be off for the summer holidays I need to be able to get out and about.

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl*
    Tinkerbell79 - ????
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Mink- 28th July
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - BOY!BOY!BOY!

Another boy... Yayyy congrats glider :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Congrats theg81der! Fantastic news! And you've done your bit to balance up the boy / girl ratio :D

Congrats theg81der! Fantastic news! And you've done your bit to balance up the boy / girl ratio :D
    Congrats !

Woohoo, another July boy! Congrats theg81der, fantastic news.

I keep writing everyone's name wrong coz of the stupid autocorrect on my iPhone sorry girls.
    Today's name Caitlin.. What yas think of it ?

I keep writing everyone's name wrong coz of the stupid autocorrect on my iPhone sorry girls.
    Lol I was wondering!

Today's name Caitlin.. What yas think of it ?

Beautiful name Tinkerbell. I really like Irish ones aswell, my sis is gonna give me the name books she used to see if there's anything we can agree on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Wahoo another boy :) congrats!
    5 girls
    2 boys
    13 ???

Congrats on your baby boy x x x
    girls i am a hormonal wreck, oh is gone to bed cause i keep picking fights and then crying, he doesn't understand and takes it personally, haven't seen him in 36 hours and now we.re fighting :-(

Kildareash I wouldn't feel bad about only wanting to breastfeed for 6 weeks. My hubbie doesn't want me to breastfeed at all: its the only thing we argue about really! And I wouldn't mind but unless health improves I won't be allowed breastfeed so at the moment it's a bit of a non issue! The way I'm looking at it is if I manage for 6 days it would be better than nothing!

The81gder Woohoo a boy! Did you go out and buy boy-y stuff?!

Java tell him its just the hormones: I've been a wreck for the last 2 weeks: real proper laughing at nothing highs and then sobbing at nothing lows: its part of being pregnant: and it sucks. Men are so thick at times: they need little things to be explained to them sometimes...

I think I'm going to try knit a blanket or something: I am so bored its gone past funny! Tried to buy needles and wool today but she wasn't there the two times I went down... gonna try again in morn! She's a bit erratic with the hours she's open so fingers crossed I can get it: having a Harry Potter dvd marathon tomorrow: sick of daytime tv too!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

g81der congrats on finding out
    We`ll give these princesses a run for their money!!!
    I bought this....http://www.next.co.uk/g622098s1
    It`s so cute

Aw java, you poor thing. The hormones are a bi*ch, it's like an outer body experience sometimes. Go up and give your OH a cuddle.

Thanks cyning, hope your able to feed yourself. My oh is a very traditional kinda guy and i know it wld be important for him to be able to feed baby, and feel like he's providing for the baby.

I just think its really bad, the way the midwives give you the chat about breast is best, but we're totally impartial. It's your decision, but powder is only a replica blah blah blah.
    A friend of mine who had a baby recently said breast feeding wasn't working out for her so she decided to bottle feed rather than stress her and the baby out. She was still in the hospital, and the nurse came back
    With the bottle sat down on her bed and said ate you sure you want to do this, like she was giving the baby something harmful. There shldnt be any pressure to do it one way or another.

cyning wrote: »
    Kildareash I wouldn't feel bad about only wanting to breastfeed for 6 weeks. My hubbie doesn't want me to breastfeed at all: its the only thing we argue about really! And I wouldn't mind but unless health improves I won't be allowed breastfeed so at the moment it's a bit of a non issue! The way I'm looking at it is if I manage for 6 days it would be better than nothing!

The81gder Woohoo a boy! Did you go out and buy boy-y stuff?!

Java tell him its just the hormones: I've been a wreck for the last 2 weeks: real proper laughing at nothing highs and then sobbing at nothing lows: its part of being pregnant: and it sucks. Men are so thick at times: they need little things to be explained to them sometimes...

I think I'm going to try knit a blanket or something: I am so bored its gone past funny! Tried to buy needles and wool today but she wasn't there the two times I went down... gonna try again in morn! She's a bit erratic with the hours she's open so fingers crossed I can get it: having a Harry Potter dvd marathon tomorrow: sick of daytime tv too!

Your a woman after my own heart! I adore harry potter! Got the baby a muggle born t shirt!
    Made up with the oh! Bed and movie!

• Advertisement

Where did u get the muggle born tshirt?? That's so cute!

cyning wrote: »
    Where did u get the muggle born tshirt?? That's so cute!
    I think it was etsy.com! The dog has a half blood one!
    How did i ever get anyone to put up with me lol!

Congrats theg81der, delighted for you!

I'm deliberately not worrying about the breastfeeding - I'm hoping to do it, and planning to do it at least until the baby grows teeth, but it's not set in stone. All we can do is our best, right?

And that breast feeding support thread should have a Mod Warning at the beginning saying that it might scare the hell out of you. It totally freaked me out when I read it. But it does seem that if you get through the first few weeks, it gets way easier - so that's encouraging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Javagal the hormones are the worst! I can't even describe the feeling like, but plagued I am! I hope it doesn't get too much worse or I might have to sign myself in to a padded cell someplace!

I don't even want to think about breastfeeding anymore, I had to stop reading that breastfeeding support thread after freaking out about it! My mother has been non stop trying to put me off too! So I bought a set of bottles the other day to have there just in case...really thinking I don't even want to try now though! Does the thought of it really freak anyone else out at all? Feeling a bit unnatural here thinking this way, eek!

Ladies, I've been experiencing all sorts of weird things lately, like random dizziness and shortness of breath, pounding heart, waves of general weakness...been to the doctor about it on Wednesday and she doesn't seem too worried only for the fact that it sounds like I might fall over and hurt myself. I have to go back in two weeks again for blood pressure (was a bit on the low side) and things, any of you know what I'm talking about maybe? Between this now and the hormones I'm starting to feel a bit like I'm crumbling away from the inside! </dramatic!>

Obviously if doctor is not too worried I won't be either, its just rather uncomfortable and I could do without it! Keeping an eye on things like blood sugar and standing up too fast (actually a killer like!) and drinking plenty of water, does anyone know any other tricks that might help? Can not wait til all this moving house lark is over and I can settle a bit, might help!

I'm going to ruin the whole thread now but I never breastfed. I did think about it,I was only 18 when I had ds1 so the thought didn't even cross my mind then. I was going to do it on ds3& 4 but when they came out and I had to have the placenta manually removed dh had given them bottles when I got back to the ward so I just didnt then.
    My dads retirement party tonight I'm not really in the mood for going but I have to.dh is minding the boys so I'm not planning on staying long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement