Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good form, bad form & everything in between?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm a tad hungover....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

In bad form myself too much drama for one night and to top it off I got a leg cramp as I slept:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

There's no tea and my face is sticky. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Just bought a 42inch TV and a nice jacket - Good day so far :)

Was this forum ever called The Gentleman's Chambers? I could've sworn it was ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Was this forum ever called The Gentleman's Chambers? I could've sworn it was ..

Harry Potter and the Gentleman's Chambers.

Just sounds wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Stupid boredom starting to get to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

not in the best of form. Had a very mixed week. Haven't been well for a number of weeks now - no appetite, feel weak and if I eat at all, I feel really sick. Just small stomach problems -I'm sure it'll sort itself out soon. Anyway, I went out with friends on Friday and got wasted (probably because I'd eaten so little in the days previous). It was so unexpected - I really haven't been drunk like that in years. Mortified!! (for the record, I didn't do anything bad - just wasn't able to take care of myself at all). :o

The next day I found out that the friends I went with ended up in a huge fight. One of them can be really bad-tempered when he's drunk but apparently he just went pyscho - attacked one of the guys and said some awful things. Truly cruel and savage. We've been friends for 10 years. The friend who became aggressive offered to meet up to talk (I'm sure to aplogise) but the other friend didn't want to hear it/meet (yet?). His girlfriend phoned me and asked whether I think he has a drinking problem. A few of us have talked about it and we all said we think he might and maybe should just quit. We've never said that before though obviously we've wondered it to ourselves. That 'maybe' might seem stupid but it's a weird situation to be in. How do you go about telling your friend you think he has a drinking problem? I haven't spoken to him since Friday as they haven't sorted things out yet and I'm still shocked by what he said and did. :(

So I'm troubled by all of the above. In other news, I passed my driving theory test at the weekend, did well enough in my final exams, and Ireland went through to the quarter finals of the RWC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

If you have been feeling poorly for the last few weeks you really should go for a check up LH.Its prolly nothing (stressing about your results etc) however better to be safe than sorry you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

not in the best of form. Had a very mixed week. Haven't been well for a number of weeks now - no appetite, feel weak and if I eat at all, I feel really sick. Just small stomach problems -I'm sure it'll sort itself out soon.

This might be a food allergy! Not wanting to try and diagnose but it all sounds very similar to what i went through with my stomach a while back. The only thing i can figure out is that stress kicked off a lot of food allergies for me. I gave up certain things and my system is back to 100% now so it might be worth looking in to?

Hope you feel better soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Sick of always being tired. falling asleep at my desk, even though i've gotten 8.5 hours sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Sick of always being tired. falling asleep at my desk, even though i've gotten 8.5 hours sleep.
    That could be to do with diet?

That could be to do with diet?

no it's just me. always been like this. though my meds make it worse, and i've just had the dosage upped so it's probably making it even worse again.

Thanks Otis and LF. :) I'll keep an eye on it. Hopefully it will clear up by itself. If not, maybe I'll take myself to the docs.
    I used to have severe anaemia coupled with insomnia. I'm sure that's not the same thing because I could get my problem sorted out, but I remember what it feels like to be continually exhausted. Pain in the azz! Soprry to hear that

Thanks Otis and LF. :) I'll keep an eye on it. Hopefully it will clear up by itself. If not, maybe I'll take myself to the docs.

I used to have severe anaemia coupled with insomnia. I'm sure that's not the same thing because I could get my problem sorted out, but I remember what it feels like to be continually exhausted. Pain in the azz! Soprry to hear that

thanks. it's more annoying because no one believes i need that much sleep, so my housemate makes quite a bit of noise late at night. nothin i can do. i've been checked so many times for anaemia etc and never been anything wrong. just have to get more sleep than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Could be sleep apnea either. Causes tiredness all day regardless of how much sleep you've had because your sleep quality is so bad.

Sky King wrote: »
    Could be sleep apnea either. Causes tiredness all day regardless of how much sleep you've had because your sleep quality is so bad.

Thanks but well i'd say if there was any chance of that my doctor would've brought it up. I'm not overweight anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Still up, trying to write a lab report for an experiment that clearly went tits up. It would be grand if I could even identify what the problem was because I could write about that but I think it really was down to an instrument that should have been retired long ago and the lecturer supervising us having just taken over from a retiree and being completely unfamiliar with the software we were using to work with the data, if he didn't know how it worked what chance did we have of picking it up from his explanation? I can hardly write that as my report can I?

Rant Over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

blame it on the skynet file acting up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Thanks but well i'd say if there was any chance of that my doctor would've brought it up. I'm not overweight anyway

You don't have to be overweight at all (although it's more common in overweight people).

Many people have it years and don't know they have it - they usually only find out when someone sharing a room with them tells them.

It's very common.

• Advertisement

Sky King wrote: »
    You don't have to be overweight at all (although it's more common in overweight people).

Many people have it years and don't know they have it - they usually only find out when someone sharing a room with them tells them.

It's very common.

Yeah but I think in all the years i've slept with boyfriends they'd have said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭KH25

Spent the last week writing on an assignment, finished it last night and decided not to hand it in until later today so I could read it over. Did all that and I caught a few mistakes and added a few bits to it. Very happy with myself I printed it off on the college library printer. Everything looked perfect on screen so I just collected it and stapled it. Literally just as I was about to drop it into the box for the assignments I noticed that the printer messed up my formatting so that on about 5 pages the text just ends and continues on the next page. I used up all my printing credit and had no money to buy another so I had no choice but to drop it in as it was (with a little note attached explaining). Hopefully it won't be held against me. Then I find out the girl I asked out for Friday only wants to go as friends......sometimes its just not meant to be your day! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

KH25 wrote: »
    Spent the last week writing on an assignment, finished it last night and decided not to hand it in until later today so I could read it over. Did all that and I caught a few mistakes and added a few bits to it. Very happy with myself I printed it off on the college library printer. Everything looked perfect on screen so I just collected it and stapled it. Literally just as I was about to drop it into the box for the assignments I noticed that the printer messed up my formatting so that on about 5 pages the text just ends and continues on the next page. I used up all my printing credit and had no money to buy another so I had no choice but to drop it in as it was (with a little note attached explaining). Hopefully it won't be held against me. Then I find out the girl I asked out for Friday only wants to go as friends......sometimes its just not meant to be your day! :confused:

When it rains it pours n all that. Hopefully the format error won't be held against ya.Alot depends on the lecture with those things id imagine, most of mine have been very sound regarding anything like that but theres always 1. Had something similar happen to myself with a report a few months ago. The whole doc was ruined so had to reprint it again in colour :( ugh.

Im in good form myself. Got the results from my masters yesterday which i was thrilled with, following Ireland round NZ for the rugby and got tickets for the quarters.

But, starting to wonder what next, im thinking of moving abroad but havent decided anything yet, heading off to visit my brother for a month or so after christmas and was contemplating maybe moving to america after that to look for work. The problem is tho, im not sure if id be better off leaving ireland now for canada,usa,aus to look for a job or try ireland for a couple of years and maybe get transferred abroad. Thinking about it sometimes puts a slight damper on things here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Wrecked after a week of college. Full days, then a commute. Barely any sleep. Wrecked tired at weekends then but still like staying up late. Definitely not enough hours in the weekend. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Samich wrote: »
    Wrecked after a week of college. Full days, then a commute. Barely any sleep. Wrecked tired at weekends then but still like staying up late. Definitely not enough hours in the weekend. :(
    I'm only out of college a year and I know what it can be like - I cut out commuting home in final year as that's half the problem - I was only travelling home weekends then working etc and it takes it out of you.

It's really hard but if, like me, you were going out a good bit or even staying up late with mates chatting etc. - then try to cut it out every now and again as you're burning the candle at both ends - when you get a chance to recharge - grab it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Tried baby food (baby rice) and formula milk today. Nasty. Also tried water and milk with a thickening agent for people who've trouble swallowing. All so nasty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Will wrote: »
    Tried baby food (baby rice) and formula milk today. Nasty. Also tried water and milk with a thickening agent for people who've trouble swallowing. All so nasty!!
    Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Part of a lab on baby feeding. We were making up formula and other stuff so decided to try it to see what most of us ate as wee ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Good form here, had a quiet day did nothing at all really except sit around watching tv/playing flash games. Tomorrow will be fun.

• Advertisement

winter blues are draining my energy. Feeling very down.

Advertisement