Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Very humid evening and what appears to flying ants are out in full force!
    1000's of the feckers everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

The city centre on the way home was mad, they were in my shoes when I got home !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

17 degree DP and 95% humidity. Sweatin boi!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

It's 20 here !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still 21C here after 10pm, it's gonna be a very warm night.
    Would nighttime heat such as this bring the cockroaches out at night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yesterday was miserable

last summer was better in sligoa lot of drizzly days

Shannon is 2c colder than July 2013 but it will prob be 1c colder by end

Leinster has prob benefited most this summer

last year sligo had 29.1c on July 24 2013.

Max so far this summer in sligo 24.1 in June

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

18℃ & foggy down here on youghal. Roasting to b honest

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

The station record high DP at my station was 20.3c recorded on July 13th last year. I have a feeling that could be beaten this week.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

despite 24.1c being the hottest of the Summer so far in sligo keeping the theme with the .1c its now 20.1c at 1115pm. If it werent for a ban on sunbeds id moonbathe.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I'm a little confused by : http://www.met.ie/nationalwarnings/default.asp

How is this a YELLOW ALERT ?
    Weather Advisory for Ireland
    Very warm and humid this week with day time temperatures reaching the mid twenties in places. The nights will be very mild and close with lowest temperatures of around 15 or 16 degrees in many areas

Issued:Monday 21 July 2014 10:00
    Valid:Tuesday 22 July 2014 00:01 to Saturday 26 July 2014 23:59

That would seem like exceptionally mild weather, if just a little clammy.

Also, considering we don't grow all that many spuds, I've never understood their fixation on Potato Blight warning. General information about other crops and gardening issues would be more useful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

A lot of older people like to know if it is going to be hot and muggy because it' s extra uncomfortable for them

its gonna be horrid muggy and sticky and close and humid with persperation pourin off ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

SpaceTime wrote: »

Mid twenties with high humidity would feel far worse than mild and a little clammy to a lot of people. And I don't wanna hear about other countries! :pac: This is Ireland, goddammit, and we're not acclimatised. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Sun is very strong this morning, so warm. Almost like being on the continent.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Also, considering we don't grow all that many spuds, I've never understood their fixation on Potato Blight warning. General information about other crops and gardening issues would be more useful.
    Jayses lads, It's Fierce Mild!!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Another foggy day on the west cork coast :(

Foggy & roasting down here in youghal. 18℃

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭highdef

I'm a little confused by :

Well we wouldn't want a repeat of "The Great Famine", would we!!! but seriously, we grow a lot of spuds in this country and any sort of information with regards to a threat to the production of potatoes is very welcome. I grow potatoes in the garden and I do take heed and action when blight warnings are issued so I for one am very happy that blight warnings are issued by our national Met service. I can only imagine how happy farmers are when they hear that blight conditions are imminent and that spraying conditions are ideal in the preceding days.
    No blight warning could potentially cost farmers millions of Euros and for consumers could lead to dramatic increases in potato prices due to demand exceeding supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Fog starting to clear here now in Co. Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Very miserable in Mayo this morning.Thick low cloud,misty,drizzely and damp.No warmth at all.

• Advertisement

20c in sligo at 8am dropping now to 18c will be back at 23c by 7pm no doubt!

Story of West of Ireland Summer 2014

Warm mornings cold afternoons hot evenings roasting nights:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

23 degrees in Dublin and its only 10am, very nice indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Warm, humid as heck, thin cloud that is nearly but not quite breaking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭pad199207

Temps up to 24.3c here now
    With DP at 20c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Another day being ruined now for most with plenty of cloud moving in. Was a stunning morning till now but it's getting very cloudy and feels cold under the cloud with breeze.

It is seriously getting soul destroying at this stage the amount of cloud this little island has even during the best of weather, with the same old same old locations aided by the landscape escaping with good weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,510 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Absolutely beautiful in Dublin atm. Clear skies and just some fair weather cloud. I suspect sunshine will become more widespread again as the wind goes more on shore.

22.8c currently near the coast.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

mixed cloud and sun, 24C, possibly warmest day of the year here so far.

looks like lasting till saturday. Sunday may be slighty cooler than another possible reload of high pressure and warm temperatures lasting into next mid-week at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,799 ✭✭✭Calibos

John.Icy wrote: »
    Another day being ruined now for most with plenty of cloud moving in. Was a stunning morning till now but it's getting very cloudy and feels cold under the cloud with breeze.

It is seriously getting soul destroying at this stage the amount of cloud this little island has even during the best of weather, with the same old same old locations aided by the landscape escaping with good weather.

For the uninitiated, John is referring to:

315469.jpg

:D

Cloud lifting here in Waterford. 21℃ :-):-) off down to tramore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,125 ✭✭✭pad199207

Hot and Humid in Kildare

Advertisement