Mayo GAA Discussion Thread - Page 530 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Yesterday, 20:59   #7936
MayoSalmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_Running View Post
One-sided Connacht final the game was over as a contest when Corofin scored their first goal. Cillian O Connor well held by Fitzgerald who must be in his mid 30s now? Dillon best again for tubber remains to be seen if he'll give county football another year.
Mayo GAA doing what Mayo GAA does best...losing end of!
Advertisement
Yesterday, 21:11   #7937
yop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayoSalmon View Post
Mayo GAA doing what Mayo GAA does best...losing end of!
4 Connacht titles in a row... end of.
(3) thanks from:
Yesterday, 23:35   #7938
wackokid

[QUOTE=MayoSalmon;93160151]Mayo GAA doing what Mayo GAA does best...losing end of

I'd hold him myself if the flipping ball was at the other end of the field all day. That Gibbons lad had an off day today, I mean a stinker.
Having said that, Corofin will give any club team a game with young Dunne and Lundy hard to handle up front and a damn good mid field pairing.
Today, 00:11   #7939
homeofhurling

as my father used to say the only county that will bring sam across the shannon is galway, i am 47 years old watching gaa matches since 1978 i think he is right, nothing again mayo who have had some great footballers but i think itsnot to be for them, Galway will be back on top in connacht soon and will win sam.
Today, 08:47   #7940
boosabum

It's amazing how it still requires a large Mayo input to get these galway teams to win anything.
O'mahony and now Roachford
Advertisement
Today, 09:13   #7941
yop

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeofhurling View Post
as my father used to say the only county that will bring sam across the shannon is galway, i am 47 years old watching gaa matches since 1978 i think he is right, nothing again mayo who have had some great footballers but i think itsnot to be for them, Galway will be back on top in connacht soon and will win sam.
And the irony in that is your username and that statement.....
Today, 11:45   #7942
HighKing33

Corofin move the ball better than most county teams - exhibition stuff and they had the workrate to match it. The kicking, use of space and point-taking was really special - if the Galway seniors could emulate that they'd be a force.

Balintubber gave so much posession away that they were never really in it. Diarmuid O'Connor I thought had a good game. He's not the biggest player in the world and probably not as gifted as the brother but he's a very clever footballer, always makes use of the ball. Not a bad thing for Mayo.
Today, 12:14   #7943
yop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighKing33 View Post
Corofin move the ball better than most county teams - exhibition stuff and they had the workrate to match it. The kicking, use of space and point-taking was really special - if the Galway seniors could emulate that they'd be a force.

Balintubber gave so much posession away that they were never really in it. Diarmuid O'Connor I thought had a good game. He's not the biggest player in the world and probably not as gifted as the brother but he's a very clever footballer, always makes use of the ball. Not a bad thing for Mayo.
Absolutely was top notch. They will be hard stopped. The ONLY weakness I could see in them was when Tubber ran at them at pace, I can see Connolly causing problems, but some of the scores and support play was excellent. They are at a v high standard.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion