Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

rizzla wrote: »
    I hope a collection is in the works and Golden Abyss is included. It's probably my favorite because it
    doesn't bring in the last act, silly faux monsters

Dont you understand, HUMANS ARE THE REAL MONSTERS

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm glad, the demo that was shown a few months back showed little or no evolution in its gameplay

I don't get this attitude - it looked great to me, if it's not broke don't fix it.

I also don't get all the abuse the 3rd one gets. Fantastic game, although I did find the story progression better in 1 & 2. They really had some woah moments where as the 3rd was just solid all the way through without ever being jaw dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

.ak wrote: »
    I also don't get all the abuse the 3rd one gets.

After the leap in quality from U1 to U2, some people may have been expecting another equally large leap to U3.

While the tech they used in U3 is even more advanced than in U2, it didn't translate to a far better experience as it was mostly under the surface. For instance, they spent a good chunk of time on modelling dynamic environments, similar to the train sequence in U2. This turned into the yacht sequence in U3 and while the tech was vastly improved, that didn't mean the set-piece was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

No love for this yet? My favourite video from E3 so far. I think it looks fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yep loved it can't wait to play this game , it's such a pity its not out this year in time for Xmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Otacon wrote: »
    After the leap in quality from U1 to U2, some people may have been expecting another equally large leap to U3.

While the tech they used in U3 is even more advanced than in U2, it didn't translate to a far better experience as it was mostly under the surface. For instance, they spent a good chunk of time on modelling dynamic environments, similar to the train sequence in U2. This turned into the yacht sequence in U3 and while the tech was vastly improved, that didn't mean the set-piece was better.

Yeah, that's bang on the money. I never played U1. And when I went from U2 to U3 I was very happy with the progress the developers had made. I guess my expectations were more realistic because I didn't realise the revolutionary leap forward they made after the first game.

I cannot wait for U4!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Some new images have been released too, including our first look at Elena (presumably).

Uncharted-4_drake-looking_1434429044.jpg

Uncharted-4_drake-sam-survived_1434429055.jpg

Uncharted-4_drake-sully-vista_1434429073.jpg

Uncharted-4_elena_1434429092.jpg

Uncharted-4_sam-sully_1434429103.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shanerygan

Big Knox wrote: »
    No love for this yet? My favourite video from E3 so far. I think it looks fantastic!

Game looks awesome, the person playing looks really bad at the game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I hope they make some adjustments to the combat for this game. The joke about Drake slaughtering his way through legions of enemies hits fairly close to the bone. I'd like more focus on puzzling than mindlessly gunning down faceless minions.

• Advertisement

Big Knox wrote: »

It looks great, really does. Best of e3. Graphically speaking it's not jaw dropping but it's pretty close, but it just looks fun. It's the little things that does it for me, I love how fluid the cover system is and I love the way they haven't tried to reinvent the wheel. Uncharted was always about going back to gaming roots, having that platformy actiony feel but in a smooth, refined next gen package. Really hits the brief here, I love the first fight when drake uses an alternative cover. Just dodging a grenade and the AI splits it's attention, really positive game mechanics there which is what makes the series just so fun.

Can't wait for it, just wish it was a Christmas release so I could get my hands on it when I have some time off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Apparently the behind closed door demo continues on from where the gameplay demo ended in the conference and it's supposed to be amazing.

Also the lead game designer has said they are targeting 30FPS in SP and 60FPS in MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

tok9 wrote: »
    Also the lead game designer has said they are targeting 30FPS in SP and 60FPS in MP.

Cinematic and competitive all in one so

They are showing the behind closed doors demo in about 10 mins.

http://www.twitch.tv/naughtydog

And here is it in better quality. Still looks incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I can't wait for the collection to be released so I can catch up.

That video above was amazing.

(7:20 is where the new stuff begins for those who saw the E3 demo.)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

tok9 wrote: »
    And here is it in better quality. Still looks incredible.

First time I've seen any of the demos.
    It looks amazing.
    Gutted that it won't be available in time for Christmas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jawdropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

will be released on March 18, 2016.

http://www.destructoid.com/uncharted-4-a-thief-s-end-will-be-released-on-march-18-dlc-detailed-308608.phtml
    DLC is being teased in the form of a "Triple Pack," including the "first-ever single-player story add-on" for the series, and two multiplayer packs. Essentially, the Digital Deluxe pre-order is the game and a $20 Season Pass -- you can even "upgrade it" at a later date. All pre-orders will get a "Bonus Pack," which consists of outfits, golden weapons, and "Naughty Dog Points." GameStop, Amazon, and the PlayStation Store all have their own add-ons as well.

308608-YC.jpg

YC2-noscale.jpg

YC3-noscale.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Statue looks cool but they'll throw any old tat into a collectors edition, won't they? A sticker sheet, for goodness sake.

• Advertisement

That box art is so nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

When they bring out a version with just the statue and a code for the HD Collection, i'm all over that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Wish somewhere round here would open up the pre orders for the statue edition. I will be all over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Wish somewhere round here would open up the pre orders for the statue edition. I will be all over that.

I FB messaged Sony Ireland yesterday funnily enough, asking if anyone is set to retail it in Ireland and they said they have no details on a retailer yet.

Probably be gamestop, happily pay 150 odd for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Game.co.uk have it for £120 so about €165 with Parcel Motel. If nothing comes up on Gamestop.ie soon, I'll probably just take the hit...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Multiplayer Beta is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Multiplayer Beta is out.

Open to anyone?

gazzamc wrote: »
    Open to anyone?

You access it through the Collection, so you gotta buy/rent it first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

You access it through the Collection, so you gotta buy/rent it first.

Damn, I'll get those down the line (played them all before) but i won't get it for a Beta. Thanks

Advertisement