Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Results (so far)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭osd

Here's some of the Photos From denise's from last night...

R

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

dsc00336.jpg

and here be the Fall of trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

david quinn will destroy trinity...

these grapes they taste so sour. its over now. campaign teams are disbanded and all the election material has to be down by six. everybody has to accept the majority has spoken in an election that was recounted three times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

he was looking for him for bad mouthing muph's team, watch your back, your a wanted man( no joke).

yeah, Enda's the reporter and i'm the marked man - oh well. I never singled anyone out, i've talked to barry about this a number of times (and i quite like the guy) but that was a bit of a joke last night. i stepped in after he grabbed enda's collar and next thing he's in my face. Though in fairness, i'm really wondering how he knew i was "that guy from the internet" - thats some seriously impressive stalking right there :D

meh - like i'dve gotten involved in a fight anyhow - he's twice my size! :D i coulda got all my mates to hop in and it would've been a deadly buzz - deadly lads. mass scrap in the earl of kildare.

...deadly.

melekalikimaka, i was chatting to yourself outside the bathroom last night wasnt i?

watch your back, your a wanted man( no joke).

it is 4 o clock when he posted that so its just funny. its such a ridiculously childish thing to have said.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i agree kev dragged it out bit, but it was by no means unfounded. on a lighter note he was carrying those notes around in his first cursing the ground you walk on. murphs nothing to do with the whle thing in fairness to him. upon reflection it was childish, but in his own intrest i wouldnt start asking him for quotes then not telling him what your using them for a little while, that was just bent

i think your all idiots....

except you melekalikimaka, you rule....

so you've explained what happened with enda - care to explain what happened with me? :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i think your all idiots....

except you melekalikimaka, you rule....

thank you smith but our young tp friend with the low jeans managed to 'console' one of the canidates...tis all very funny, especially when the guy passed out after, outside by a fire escape

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I have to say it's a lot easier being in that room when you're not up for election yourself!

The Presidential battle was insanely tense and tight. When it went down to 5 votes after the first recount it was unbelievable.

Fair play to both candidates. It's very unusual to see a race where one candidate is top after the first count, the other after the first set of transfers, and then the first again after the second!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

1) I was only shown the page with her on it, haven't read the thing cover to cover
    2) I know denise, so really i'm not going to care about people i don't know...
    I figured that. It's too close to home. If you were a mother who's sons name was james who's in a wheelchair, you wouldn't appreciate this joke "Little Jimmy's in a wheelchair. What did he get for christmas?
    Cancer
    Granted that particular article wasn't exactly stitch-burstingly funny. I'll definitely give you that. If it had been genuinely funny then maybe do you think you could grant them some reprieve under the "it's not insulting if it's funny" rule?
    The latter ones if i recall correctly have only one thing to do with denise, which is where she's from, it could be a random paragraph taken from anything from what i can tell. just the locality substituted in. It wasn't comedy, those were just bizzare...
    The latter paragraphs were completely random and specified they were about denise, they were nothing to be offended by. And if I'm gonna be a pedant then the former specified that it wasnt even about denise so...
    i'd expect a satirical mag, to well be funny.
    Did you read the rest of it? Do like.. It's not just one writer. The very last bit in small text about somebody calling into the joe duffy show to complain about pirhana is actually quite impressively written. Genius even I'd call it. Top quality humour. The writer of the section on the candidates wasn't up to par with the rest of the mag, but (s)he did shine in parts. If ya take anything from it don't be prudish and let that be offense (it's pirhana for gods sake!), if there was a bit that wasn't funny, ok so it wasn't funny and shame on them for that..
    faults? you mean calling someone ugly in a mag is exploiting a fault?
    Jeeze dude chill will ya. I said "apparent", this means it does not necessarily constitute my opinion, rather their twisted satirical mag opinion. So don't drag out this line of questioning as I'll chose to ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

osd wrote:
    Here's some of the Photos From denise's from last night...

R

Hi Ross I just emailed you to the osd account if you could check it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

osd wrote:
    Dave is ahead of Harmon by 18 votes but there's a recount!

The constitution was low key because it basically boiled down to a tiny campaign team.
    I am really sorry if you didn't hear about it Thirdfox but there is only so much I could do.
    Go to www.tcdsu.org/crg to find out more...
    I'll do a postering campaign at least to promote the headlining changes in coming weeks!
    A notable change is that any 10 students of the college (ie non-class reps) can bring motions to SU Council. Also Disability has been added to the Union's non-discrimination policy. Changes to the exec were also made.
    Ross

No need to apologise... and having read the proposals I'm glad that my vote didn't count and the new constitution was passed.

A poster campaign would be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭osd

Thirdfox wrote:
    No need to apologise... and having read the proposals I'm glad that my vote didn't count and the new constitution was passed.

A poster campaign would be great!

I'll work on it over the weekend, along with a dyslexia awareness drive, disability exam registration drive and marking some exam papers... :D

Seriously though... Thanks for the comment. It was nerve wracking last night and can only sympathise for all the candidates. Not looking forward to next year...

PS Shane got a few votes in the referendum too... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wookie0

From a counter's perspective it was an up-and down night. We stormed through the first lot. Ents was double counted so it took about 3 times as long as the shortest. That one was close.

Pres was tough. Took ages the first time, and by the time of the second recount, everyone knew the result wasn't going to change, tempers frayed, commissioners swore and shouted, but it was done.

It only remains to hear the report to council.

*giggles gleefully* that'll be funny to see.

Wookie i hope i didnt heckle you :D

wookie0 wrote:
    From a counter's perspective it was an up-and down night. We stormed through the first lot. Ents was double counted so it took about 3 times as long as the shortest. That one was close.

Pres was tough. Took ages the first time, and by the time of the second recount, everyone knew the result wasn't going to change, tempers frayed, commissioners swore and shouted, but it was done.

It only remains to hear the report to council.

President was incredibly tough, especially at that time of night, but I'm glad that both candidates trusted the final count to be the final result.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I figured that. It's too close to home. If you were a mother who's sons name was james who's in a wheelchair, you wouldn't appreciate this joke "Little Jimmy's in a wheelchair. What did he get for christmas?
    Cancer
    Granted that particular article wasn't exactly stitch-burstingly funny. I'll definitely give you that. If it had been genuinely funny then maybe do you think you could grant them some reprieve under the "it's not insulting if it's funny" rule?
    Erm, i wouldn't say too close to home, there was quite a few people near me when i read that who wouldn't know denise and took the exact same view, its not a satire it was just a low personal attack.
    The latter paragraphs were completely random and specified they were about denise, they were nothing to be offended by. And if I'm gonna be a pedant then the former specified that it wasnt even about denise so...
    The latter paragraphs were under one train of thought, and could have been a template that they filled in the words denise and skerries to, that in no way says the first paragraph was of the same logic. As i've said before, they looked like some sort of random tangent to 'make it funny' or something.
    Did you read the rest of it? Do like.. It's not just one writer.
    I don't have a copy, i was only shown that.
    If ya take anything from it don't be prudish and let that be offense (it's pirhana for gods sake!), if there was a bit that wasn't funny, ok so it wasn't funny and shame on them for that..
    What a random arguement, some other write was funny so personal attacks are all ok? it might be pirhana , but as i've said its there to make a joke out of things, not to go insulting people as was clearly that writers intention. Shame on them? what sort of editor read that n said it was ok? did he get a laugh?

And i must say that is the first time i've ever been described as prudish, and tbh i don't feel its any form of an appropriate adajative, i object to non-funny personal attacks and i'm "One who is excessively concerned with being or appearing to be proper, modest, or righteous." ??
    Jeeze dude chill will ya. I said "apparent", this means it does not necessarily constitute my opinion, rather their twisted satirical mag opinion. So don't drag out this line of questioning as I'll chose to ignore it.
    i wasn't referring to that sentence, and where do you get this apparent from you keep referencing? how do you know the writer didn't intend it as a personal attack as you've stated several times? its not u is it dec?

Dónal wouldn't help me either! :(:(:(

Meh, at that stage I was ready to collapse and after kicking many, many people out of the count room I wasn't about to be charitable.
    "Dónal McCormack to relocate college creche down pants"

Pity they spelled my name wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

these grapes they taste so sour. its over now. campaign teams are disbanded and all the election material has to be down by six. everybody has to accept the majority has spoken in an election that was recounted three times.

So that means that we can't express dissatisfaction with the results or question the relative merits of the candidates who ended up winning? Winning the election doesn't place you above reproach.

And as for Pirahna - I've gotta say that I found it funny, even though I know it's incredibly infantile and mostly relies on pure insults rather than actual 'satire'. But if you're not going to let it go under the "If it's funny, it's alright" rule, what about the fact that everyone got equally insulted in it? If they had singled out a few candidates and picked on them, that would have been pretty crappy, but the fact that they gave **** to everyone makes it at least a bit more acceptable, to me anyway.

• Advertisement

EduMyth wrote:

Pity they spelled my name wrong.

and thats the Least of your worries?

also, hello boards user who tried to deck me!

and thats the Least of your worries?

Worries? I've said it before, if its funny, then its game. Just as long as Pirahna! or any other publication don't go to print about my squirrel infatuation, I'm happy.

shay_562 wrote:
    So that means that we can't express dissatisfaction with the results or question the relative merits of the candidates who ended up winning? Winning the election doesn't place you above reproach.

no no no. youve the wrong end of the stick.my post is in relation to one certain group of people and there certain actions. it has nothing to do with the candidates but is to do with the way a neutral was singled out and physicaly threatened by a campaign team who didnt like what he had to say. if there are problems with the officers elect i would have no issue with someone expressing their dissatisfaction with the relative merits. and i personally won nothing so ive never claimed to be above reproach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

TBH his mates were there were apologising to me for his behaviour. He took it up the wrong way. The chap clearly had a few on him and that's grand. I appreciate that, and I appreciate he wasn't happy when I told him I couldn't let him know who I was writing for.

I then told him and he still wasn't very happy. I asked the bloke what we wanted me to do and, quite frankly, he couldn't say what he wanted.

And as I said, if he'd like to return the notes that'd be nice of him.

Did you get the notes back? And, who were you writing those demented scribblings for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

No, I didn't. But I will try.

I'll be writing under a psuedonym, and given that I was identified at least three times as Angry Banana last night, I don't want to say who I'm writing for!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

was that you who asked me how confident i felt out of 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

See?!

Yes. And I asked all the candidates that. Well, all that I met.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ah, i didnt catch who it was for, coz i was on my way out for the interview with the record. well at least 5 was a solid answer...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

can we not keep Myth?

• Advertisement

No, I didn't. But I will try.

I'll be writing under a psuedonym, and given that I was identified at least three times as Angry Banana last night, I don't want to say who I'm writing for!
    I'm still wondering how i got identified - oh...wait....

Advertisement