Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

mossy464 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Guinness slabs are still 20 in Tesco? Cant see online. Need to pick some up tomorrow

Yes. €20 till 22/12/18 (tomorrow), as per today's Independent newspaper.

rMfNDyg.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

mossy464 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Guinness slabs are still 20 in Tesco? Cant see online. Need to pick some up tomorrow

They were yesterday when i was in there. Same deal is in Aldi too just in case it is closer.

Seems to be Guinness, bud and Carlsberg at 20, hop house, bulmers and carling were 25 in tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

anybody see any good deals on Applemans or Orchard Thieves ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,245 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Do they still have Grolsch slabs for 25 in Tesco?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

nope, they are €20!

Any 24 For 20.00
    valid from 20/12/2018 until 24/12/2018

great value as they are 5%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I googled that for you €20

Ah someone beat me to it lol

https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=255613078

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Been watching Hendricks gin for a couple of weeks..needed for a present..Tescos had it for €30 (70 cl) for a couple of days last year and it has dropped to €37 from €44 but says valid to 25/12 online so bit and used the €10 off €45 printable voucher from here and bought a few essentials for €8 to get it for €27..not great but about as good as it was going to get.
    Seve OB wrote: »
    I just got a pressie of a bottle of it today.

I don’t even drink gin!
    morritty wrote: »
    I'll gladly accept a present of that ;)

tis yours for a measly €30

any good deals on mulled wine?
    I need half a dozen bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

tis yours for a measly €30
    Where's your Christmas spirit? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

I haven't seen anything decent, I might just make some up over the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Supervalu had the usual Gluehwein for €6 a bottle I think and then have €10 off when you buy 6.
    Some Tescos have Zgm Mulled Wine for €5 a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

LIDL, in D3 at least, have put out another load of bin end sale wines for €5.

These were wines that came in during monthly specials, originally ranging in price from €7.99 to €19.99.

There was a range of reds and whites, Bordeaux, Rioja, Dolcetta, Madiran.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anyone know where to get Chang or Tsingtao these days? Lidl had Chang in the summer but never got it back in. None of the big supermarkets seem to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

Anyone know where to get Chang or Tsingtao these days? Lidl had Chang in the summer but never got it back in. Nine of the big supermarkets seem to have it.

Just go to those so .... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

rubadub wrote: »
    nope, they are €20!

Any 24 For 20.00
    valid from 20/12/2018 until 24/12/2018

great value as they are 5%

Great deal. Nice beer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

The Gluhwein in Lidl was buy one get one free yesterday in my local one. 7 euro for two. There was feck all left tho and I am not sure how good it is, girlfriend likes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭deisedav

Anyone know where to get Chang or Tsingtao these days? Lidl had Chang in the summer but never got it back in. None of the big supermarkets seem to have it.

My local lidl get in the tsingtao a fair bit and its nice beer. They had litre bottles a few months ago in the carry out off licence if you wanted more of a hit for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

I remember my local Dunnes Stores (Drogheda) carries Tsingtao.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Got two litres of Paddy Whiskey for €40 today in Tesco :D. On sale at €25 each but you can get two for €40. You can also mix and match with Captain Morgan. Loads in Liffey Valley. I think it was two for €50 for Tanqueray gin.

They also had Proper 12 whiskey (if you need a gift for someone you despise!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Got two litres of Paddy Whiskey for €40 today in Tesco :D. On sale at €25 each but you can get two for €40. You can also mix and match with Captain Morgan. Loads in Liffey Valley. I think it was two for €50 for Tanqueray gin.

They also had Proper 12 whiskey (if you need a gift for someone you despise!)

You can mix and match with Smirnoff and Gordon's pink and regular gin too, it was posted somewhere here yesterday. Great value, especially with the vouchers floating around.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

morritty wrote: »
    I haven't seen anything decent, I might just make some up over the weekend

What's your method and what wine would you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

What's your method and what wine would you use?

I was in a Tesco yesterday evening and they have a packet of ingredients (for 2 euro I think) that is specifically for making mulled wine.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dools2007

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has seen any good deals on Jameson whiskey 70cl bottles.

A few places were selling these for €20 earlier in the week but can only see them selling for €23/bottle now.

Need to buy a few...... :)

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Lidls deal tomorrow is 2 slabs of Carlsberg or Budweiser for 30 Euro.
    Handy if you live beside one, doubt there'll be much supply.

Dools2007 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has seen any good deals on Jameson whiskey 70cl bottles.

A few places were selling these for €20 earlier in the week but can only see them selling for €23/bottle now.

Need to buy a few...... :)

Cheers.

Use the Tesco shop and save voucher and you’re getting them cheaper
    €10 off every €45 spent

• Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Lidl cork st had a load of clearance wine for a fiver as well. And i thought about the slabs of caelsberg for 20€ but decided against it...wil clean them out at 2 for €30 tomorrow.

tis the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Who's got the cheapest deal on Bailey's right now? Might end up getting the Aldi speciality one instead but no harm in asking..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Whyohwhyy

Danger781 wrote: »
    Who's got the cheapest deal on Bailey's right now? Might end up getting the Aldi speciality one instead but no harm in asking..

All I know is tesco and dunnes have it at €13. Tesco had it at €10 last weekend, could drop again to that tomorrow? With the vouchers it works out a bit cheaper too so even at €13 it's not bad really?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Use the Tesco shop and save voucher and you’re getting them cheaper
    €10 off every €45 spent

Eurospar EUR20 for a 70cl bottle Jameson, limit 2 per customer?

• Advertisement

Eurospar EUR20 for a 70cl bottle Jameson, limit 2 per customer?

Cheaper in Tesco 2 x 70cl bottles for €36 when you use a voucher, not much in it but as Tesco day every little helps

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement