Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

I'm a little disappointed I mean was it too much to ask for Scroobious Pip and Tenacious D!! ;)

To be fair it was already a line up with a sh1t load of awesomeness anyway.

True , scroobious pip would be a nice edition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Easy Rod wrote: »
    I've still yet to see them, I've always been at the wrong day of festivals they play or their on too early/late and I miss them.

Heard great things though, perhaps a body and soul appearance again?

same here, i'm delighted with le galaxie, love the album. somehow they clash with someone and i always say i can see them again. i've only seen them once as support for sleigh bells back in 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

piss poor additions to the line up
    he Boomtown Rats – Villagers – Le Galaxie - The Staves
    MS MR – Shamir – Mano Le Tough – Parquet Courts
    Son Lux - Jape - Girlpool - Little Hours - The Lost Brothers
    Here We Go Magic - Thomston - Declan McKenna - Tom Misch
    Bry - Legend - Yurodny - Dublin Gospel Choir

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I am still liking the line up before that announcement, there still a few to come yet, Body & Soul always get some crackers, wouldn't mind some drum n bass at Rave in the Woods too, mix it up a bit, quite satisfied though with the general line up, Mano Le Tough is supposed to be very good, he packed out the Little Big tent the last time he played at EP, I can't comment on the rest really its mainly filler stuff but there should be a few more out there over the next month.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Bought my ticket a while ago although I have been crazy busy, can anyone recommend any acts that I should listen to other than the obvious; Blur, Tame Impala ect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Bought my ticket a while ago although I have been crazy busy, can anyone recommend any acts that I should listen to other than the obvious; Blur, Tame Impala ect.

Have a listen to the EP Spotify playlist and see what takes your fancy. There are so many great acts playing but it's all down to your own personal taste.
    Going by you mentioning Blur and Tame Impala, check out War on Drugs, Future Islands and My Morning Jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

Have a listen to the EP Spotify playlist and see what takes your fancy. There are so many great acts playing but it's all down to your own personal taste.
    Going by you mentioning Blur and Tame Impala, check out War on Drugs, Future Islands and My Morning Jacket.

Lesser known, I've enjoyed listening to Ride and Pond as well.

On the new announcement, it definitely shows no ambition whatsoever, BUT not necessarily disappointing per se. Boomtown Rats is the equivalent of the Undertones. Very underwhelming, but I'm sure I'll find my way over there for the one track! And I'll almost certainly go to see Villagers and Shamir as well, so it's worked out ok for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Le galaxie on the Sunday in 2013 were absolutely of the chain!

Glad to see Jape announced, haven't seen them before but the keyboard player is one of my lecturers in college :D

I saw them ages ago in The Roisin Dubh in Galway after they released that song about yokes and it did pretty well. They were good.

So is everyone at Knockanstockan or Ed Sheeran today or something, a bit quiet here but then the weather is decent enough for a July weekend, anyways enjoy and we will get back together on Monday to brainstorm the impending Body & Soul Village line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Main acts I can't wait for:

War on Drugs - Great Dylan/Springsteen influenced rock. Listen to songs like Red Eyes, Arms like Boulders, Ocean in between the Waves

Mac Demarco - Really laid back indie stuff. Listen to songs like Chamber of Reflection, Passing out Pieces and Ode to Viceroy.

Viet Cong - Very Joy Division in their sound but rock a bit harder. Debut album out this year and its worth a listen.

Parquet Courts - Great indie punk band. Give the album Light Up Gold a listen.

Alvvays - Really nice indie pop. Debut album just out last year. Archie Marry me and Next of Kin are brilliant songs.

Ride - Classic shoegaze band. Their album Nowhere is a must listen. Other tracks like Twisterella are also great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

After the first anouncement I've been underwhelmed by the others since. Still think it's the best line-up I'll ever be at. Apart from the last Winter Party in the Point Depot that is.

LeGalaxie's new album is crap. Simple as.

I think POND will be the surprise highlight of the weekend. If you've never heard of them, they're fantastic live. Especially if Nick (their lead) has the right amount of mind bending substances in his system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Jessie Ware pulled out.

“Jessie is no longer able to make this show due to scheduling issues, while she is very disappointed she hopes to be back in Ireland in the near future,”

Depends what you're into. There are some playlists;

https://play.spotify.com/user/epfestival/playlist/7jjQWZ2AV9yf2y19NPN3sN

I haven't looked at any dates or anything, but is it likely that Boomtown rats are the new Friday night headliners??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I haven't looked at any dates or anything, but is it likely that Boomtown rats are the new Friday night headliners??

I'd be surprised, i'd say they're more likely to get an afternoon slot on the main stage on Saturday or Sunday.

Recent addition MsMr are definitely worth a look, they played early in the EA on Sunday 2013 really enjoyed them. They have a new album out now, thought they'd be added alight. I'd describe them as a kind of alternative electro-pop.

Lizzys voice is really good live, has great energy.

She tends to make eye contact and smile at people in the crowd during the gig, I think every guy or girl there thought they were 'in with a chance':D:D

Check them out if you haven't already!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PatrickIde1187

Hey guys wondering if yall could help me with something. Bought a Family Camping ticket yday off a mate as it was cheaper than what the touts were looking for. I myself dont have any kids or anything and would be going on my own. Will i still be able to stay in one of the campsites were my mates are? Or will i be designated to a separate family camping section?.

Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

people complain about the line up.....i'm a veteran ...you see 5 6 bands and everything after that is a bonus.....actually the magic of the picnic is the things you don't expect to see that amaze you ....it's the people you are with ans the people you meet that makes it...and the picnic always delivers with that:):confused::):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Every single electric picnic my highlight has never been either someone I've been looking forward to seeing or a headliner

Everyone complaining needs to just not bother going!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Hey guys wondering if yall could help me with something. Bought a Family Camping ticket yday off a mate as it was cheaper than what the touts were looking for. I myself dont have any kids or anything and would be going on my own. Will i still be able to stay in one of the campsites were my mates are? Or will i be designated to a separate family camping section?.

Thank you in advance.

They wont let you through ticket exchange at the family entrance with out a family, and the ticket isnt accepted at main gates, you MIGHT get away with it, but its unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

How about we have some fun coming up with ideas for who to expect on the rbma and body&soul bills?

I'd expect a couple of "big name" (for their area) djs for rbma...

Ben UFO maybe?

According to resident advisor, he's no gigs on EP weekend....

A Hessle Audio takeover one of the nights would be nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

A Hessle Audio takeover one of the nights would be nice

Last year I felt the woods was at its weakest when it veered away from techno. Even moments of Boddika's set, where he broke it down a bit, fell flat. Personally, I like a good variety of artists, but I feel that straight techno works best for that area. And judging by the bulk of the line-up for the past two years, I think RB feel the same. Saying that, Ben UFO and the Hessle crew have that big sound in their locker, so maybe it would work a treat. I just hope we don't get another Dark Sky in the line-up. That was a classic example of a talented artist performing in the wrong environment.

Edit: By the way, I think the woods is a fantastic area and it would suit any electronic act. And perhaps even a move away from techno would be best, because as it stands it's attracting too many pissheads that are simply there to pull women. Maybe what we need is more Dark Sky! I certainly feel that last year would have worked better if it was like the other stages, i.e. people are there for the music. The woods has turned into a slightly cooler version of the main stage. It's where everyone ends up going when they don't know where else to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Paddy2012

It'll be interesting to see the line up for the Other Voices stage and whether they'll be any new acts announced, their line up at latitude looked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see the line up for the Other Voices stage and whether they'll be any new acts announced, their line up at latitude looked great.

I don't think they announced a lineup for Other Voices last year, possibly to avoid to big a crowd for the size of the tent.

You just had chanced your arm and showed up and possibly got someone amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I don't think they announced a lineup for Other Voices last year, possibly to avoid to big a crowd for the size of the tent.

You just had chanced your arm and showed up and possibly got someone amazing.

Ya they never announced a line up for last year, generally some acts gave people a tip off that they would be playing at the end of their main set and stuff travelled by word of mouth. With good reason, if people knew when hozier played it the place the tent would have burst.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ned_strange

Does anyone know where the other voices tent was last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

in the woods between the Salty Dog and Trenchtown:

Electric-Picnic-2014-Sitemap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Paddy2012

They announced today that the line up will be announced soon for other voices, body & soul and more. How soon close to the festival are the full stage times usually announced?

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    They announced today that the line up will be announced soon for other voices, body & soul and more. How soon close to the festival are the full stage times usually announced?

Usually on the week following the festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Thank you in advance.

I've read a number of times over the last few years that you can camp in the normal campsite with a family ticket. Maybe contact EP & ask them to be sure.

Alternatively, there's usually people with kids looking to swap normal tickets for family ones. Try toutless.

Advertisement