Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colgate Will pay for dental check up (until Feb 2011)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Bummer - just got a reply to say unsuccessful as i got one toothbrush for half price in a Tesco deal and thats considered an offer so I cant get payment. Really peeeed off as I paid 18.92 for all the Colegate stuff and 70 for the cleaning. Both of which I probably didn't need back at the time.:(

Ah well no one to blame but myself - I didn't read the terms and conditions properly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Got mine today.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Thanks OP, we got 2 cheques the other day. Wonder how much you've cost Colgate?!! Gotta be one of the BAs of 2010, well done!
    PS Dentist told me to use Sensodyne going forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

I think I must be one of the last... I didn't get around to posting off the applications until the first week of January, and I received both of them back today with the cheques!

Ix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭billbond4

Got mine today,
    Posted on 14 Dec Happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I haven't received mine yet and I posted in November. Helpdesk told me they are only processing though Mid Novemeber now. Wonder how you guys slipped through :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Got mine too this morning and its only about 3 weeks ago that I sent off the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

cheque for €65 came this morning and only posted application away since the new year:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Got my cheque today ,only posted off for it a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

got my cheque this morning - posted application mid-September.........thanks to OP for this - brill offer! Gonna send Colgate a note of thanks!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 gowldoleer

Got my cheque on friday for 65e, posted off the details nov 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

Yay! Got mine yesterday. Posted it in mid November

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

Got mine on Friday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 marytipperary

thomasm wrote: »
    http://www.colgate.ie/app/OralHealthMonth/IE/Home.cvsp

Purchase mouthwash, toothpaste and two brushes and Colgate will pay up to €65 towards your check up or scale and polish. Cant imagine the price of those items comes to more than €10-€15.
    I have unused receipt for all items needed for the Colgate dental offer and will send it to anyone who wants it. No strings attached. They sent it back to me cos I purchased the items on same date as visit to dentist. Seems a pity to waste it. Has to be submitted by 15th Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

I have unused receipt for all items needed for the Colgate dental offer and will send it to anyone who wants it. No strings attached. They sent it back to me cos I purchased the items on same date as visit to dentist. Seems a pity to waste it. Has to be submitted by 15th Feb.

Cheers, PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

I lost my bloody receipt for the Colgate products :( €75 down the drain as the dentist said my teeth and gums were poifect! Would have held off for another year if it wasn't for the offer...

If anyone else has an unused receipt knocking around gimme a shout :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

M450 wrote: »
    I lost my bloody receipt for the Colgate products :( €75 down the drain as the dentist said my teeth and gums were poifect! Would have held off for another year if it wasn't for the offer...

If anyone else has an unused receipt knocking around gimme a shout :D

PM marytipperary - 3 posts back she has a receipt available.

edit - oops didnt read this thoroughly, hope someone else has 1 for you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Both claims rejected on the basis we bought the stuff in Boots and one of the items was free on their 3-for-2 basis. To be honest, I didn't read the T's n C's thoroughly so have to put the hand up there. My dentist, however, gave me the impression that it didn't matter about offers etc (obviously she didn't read them either, but she did ring me up to make two appointments that we mightn't necessarily have made if it weren't for the offer). Bah. Lesson (re)learned; ain't no such thing as a free lunch....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

My Claim was rejected, as I bought the Colgate Products the same day as my Cleaning Appointment. :( I did buy them before the Appointment but it needed to be a different day. :(

I did everything else right except it was the same day. Stayed in the correct time-frames ie September and November. Didn't buy any offer products, got them all on one Receipt, got the exact items, the Receipt is itemised, the Dental Receptionist even has it wrote on the Cleaning Receipt that the Service I got that day was a Scale & Polish. Am so annoyed as €60 is a lot of money to me! Plus it's even more depressing as I had lost my frickin' Receipt of the Colgate stuff I bought, thought I must have thrown it away! But I found the Receipt again! Only now have come up against a technicality. :(

In relation to Advertising, in one small small way, they haven't mentionned anything well that I can see, - about having or not having the Cleaning done and purchasing the products on the same day. So it's a tiny bit mis-leading in that sense. They haven't officially rendered/adjudicated same day occurrence as not-with-standing. Plus they could have done with highlighting that same day occurrences wouldn't be accepted, in order to ensure that people bought the stuff a different day before their Cleaning Appointment. Granted most people on here seem to have grasped that but they still could have done with highlighting it.

I was just concentrating on the whole "by September and by November" thing really, and as it happened I got my Cleaning in September too, so there was no more time-frames for me to worry about or so I thought, when I realized that 2 different dates had to be involved I didn't even worry about it as I had just assumed, wrongly assumed that they would willingly still give me the Refund, considering I had bought the stuff before my Cleaning Appt., just that it wasn't different days but apparently they are being very stringent about that.

I.m.o. there would only be a need to be stringent if I didn't stick to the Rules on a whole, like I mean I'd totally understand I wouldn't have anything to claim for if I bought the Colgate products AFTER my Cleaning Appointment, but the fact that I adhered to two-thirds of the Rules anyway should stand up for itself. :( I bought the Products before my Cleaning Appointment took place, it's just the Date thing. If I had realised that different dates would be of this great vital utmost necessary importance, of course I wouldn't have any problem going n' purchasing the stuff on different dates.

But if they want to get all technical about it, the thing is; - although the Dental Receipt isn't time-stamped, the Supermarket Receipt is, so if getting technical about it; - the time of day of Colgate purchase is adherent to both of their Rules in that it's both BEFORE-HAND and DIFFERENT to that of the time of day of my Cleaning Appointment lol .....

But it's a lost cause now ..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Why does this thread now say February 2011 when the appointment had to be by 30th november ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭donal2000

Hi All,

Two applications submitted in early Nov. 1 has been rejected. I phoned Colgate Ireland and they have no record of the other application? (Both applications posted the same time at the same time).....Funny that...

I would not have spent all this money on Colgate products had I known it was going to take so long to get a refund.

I am feeling they were overwhelmed with applications and chanced their arm at rejecting several on petty grounds. Anyone agree?

Example to back up above statement: Sister in law and hubby bought all the relevant dental products, went to same dentist for checkup, etc and submitted two separate applications (relevant receipts, etc submitted). One came back accepted, one rejected so on what grounds can they do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I bought my stuff in september and had the dental polish done back then ,I only sent off my stuff a few weeks ago.
    I doubt if they were overwhelmed with genuine claims ,they would have given me a cheque last week.

I actually didn't think I'd get anything ,because I'd forgotten all about the offer. It was only because of this thread that I remembered.

Thanks all!:)

Would somebody have a spare receipt to hand? Would really appreciate it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 marytipperary

Why does this thread now say February 2011 when the appointment had to be by 30th november ?
    Closing date for Colgate accepting receipts is 15th FEB 2011

Closing date for Colgate accepting receipts is 15th FEB 2011

Mary - any chance you could photocopy/scan/fax a receipt to me? Would really appreciate it. Thanks :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

In relation to Advertising, in one small small way, they haven't mentionned anything well that I can see, - about having or not having the Cleaning done and purchasing the products on the same day. So it's a tiny bit mis-leading in that sense. They haven't officially rendered/adjudicated same day occurrence as not-with-standing. Plus they could have done with highlighting that same day occurrences wouldn't be accepted, in order to ensure that people bought the stuff a different day before their Cleaning Appointment. Granted most people on here seem to have grasped that but they still could have done with highlighting it.

You have to read the T&Cs of these offers. It was very clear that the date purchase of the products must precede that of the dental treatment. See post#6
    If you are ambitious and cavalier, you could go back to the dentist and ask them to change the date of the treatment to the next day and re-submit

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭seamusmacc

Anyone know where to find the claim form? Thanks

snubbleste wrote: »
    You have to read the T&Cs of these offers. It was very clear that the date purchase of the products must precede that of the dental treatment. See post#6

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhJRcqMMiIy7gKbX603jVWqYGe8ssCIqYP5D5bTcWtN4EojRIR

seamusmacc wrote: »
    Anyone know where to find the claim form? Thanks

Colgate OHM Dental Offer Claim Form attached in PDF. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

IMG

I object!:cool:

Advertisement