Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2015 - ROSTER PICK THREAD!

Options
  • 03-01-2015 11:36am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭

UHU2kqU.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 2015 PW Draft!

The aim of this game is to create a fantasy roster over the next few weeks and months, and then put together a fantasy card in which you describe how you'd book the line-up you have assembled.

This is the thread in which the 20 lucky members who signed up will make their draft picks. While the rules are all listed below, I'd like to remind people that most rounds will be random, though some will see picks organised based on particular factors (order of the last round, overall average order, etc).
    ALL DISCUSSION SHOULD GO >>>HERE<<<

Any requests to be placed on the substitution list, in case anyone drops out, should go >>>HERE<<<

NOTE: As an act of courtesy, we ask that after a player has made their pick for the draft, they check the list to see who is next and send them a friendly PM reminder, so as to keep things flowing smoothly.

The rules are as follows (It's advised new players read over these rules, but are also highly encouraged to ask questions if there is any confusion).
    Draft Order
    The order people make their picks is decided at random, via a completely unbiased List Randomizer website. There will be two rounds in which the drawing order will not be random. These will be made clear at the start of those two rounds.

Tag Teams:

Tag Teams come as a package so for example if you want the Dudleys then you don't have to pick Bubba one round and then D-Von the next. The rules for tag teams are as follows:

- Cannot have a world champion in them ie no DX or Hart Foundation
    - Must have tagged together for at least 3 months
    - Inter gender tag teams not allowed
    - Members of factions, ie Saturn and Malenko, are not deemed valid picks as they are not classed as legit tag teams under the criteria for the game.
    - 5 tag teams is the maximum amount of teams for each roster

World Titles:
    World titles are considered as the following:
    WWE, World Heavyweight Title/WCW, TNA and NWA

(Note: For the benefit of the game as a whole and to reflect the realistic loss in prestige of the NWA Title, only holders of the NWA Title up until the WCW World Championship came into use will be regarded as World Champions for the purposes of the game. )

Eligible Promotions:
    WWE, TNA, ROH, anything historically going under the NWA banner.

Time Frame:
    No professional debuts pre 1970 are eligible. There will be a round for pre 1970 picks. There will also be a celeb round where celebs who have appeared on wrestling TV are elibible for picks.

- To determine wrestler debuts we will use Wikipedia as in previous years. If you feel the Wikipedia entry is incorrect you can PM me or one of the mods to state your case.

- people who would be considerd Celebs more so than wrestlers are only eligable to be drafted in the special celeb round and not in any other round

- Dark matches and try out matches will not be valid cases this year for selecting a wrestler.

- Managers and female wrestlers are eligible if people wish to pick them. Commentators have not been included in recent years.

Trades:
    Trades are allowed from rd6 onwards but you are limited it 5 trades each. When a trade occurs it's superstars your trading, not goes in the draft, so you must be able to make the draft pick before they are eligable to
    be drafted, i.e all normal rules such as 5 tag team picks limit are still in effect.

Trades may be vetoed by those running the game in order to ensure a fair balance is maintained. However, this is extremely unlikely to occur for the vast majority of trades, and will only be discussed in situations where there is suspicion of other matters influencing the game.

Stip rounds:
    We've got a few stipulation rounds lined up. Make sure to read each carefully, and if you're unsure what you're meant to do, ask in the discussion thread and verify your pick with an organiser.

Missed Picks
    The draft runs under a 24 Hour rule. In other words, you have 24 hours to make your pick from the moment the person prior to you has made theirs. This will be enforced so as not to slow down the game. If you think you are going to miss your window, PM someone a list of who you'd like and they can make your pick for you. Should you miss your window, your pick will be pushed back to the end of that round.

Note - Rules may be amended during the contest to help run the game smoother if it's felt this is necessary but we will aim to ensure everyone is kept up to date if this has to happen

Our twenty participants this year are:
    Lord TSC
    MNG
    RAF32
    thebostoncrab
    Beaker Joe
    Jester252
    Uncle Walt
    Shagnasti
    Lebowskittle
    MoneyMaker
    Campo
    Brad Maddox Guy
    BrianRegan
    Bounty Hunter
    MrKiscool2
    Sin Eater
    Connemara man
    JP Liz
    Spongey1975
    Lithium93_

This post will be updated regularly with updated draft picks and roster lists.

So best of luck everyone. Next post will have details for round one.

Rosters thus far:
    Lord TSC: The Rock, Batista, The Miz & John Morrison, Jack Swagger, Ron Simmons, Shawn Daivari, LAX aka Homicide & Hernandez, Kofi Kingston & R-Truth, Roddy Piper, Charlie Sheen, Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch, Zeb Coutler, The Great Khali, Sgt. Slaughter, Crash & Hardcore Holly, Linda McMahon

Mr.Nice Guy: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith, Rey Mysterio and Mistico aka Sin Cara, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard aka The Brainbusters, Paige & Sweet Saraya, Kerry Von Erich, Tyler Breeze, Eric Bischoff, Nick Bockwinkel, Kim Kardashian, Rikishi, Jim Ross, Bayley, David & Kevin Von Erich, Konnan, Marty Jones

Raf32: Hulk Hogan, Macho Man Randy Savage, Goldberg, Ryback & Curtis Joe Hennig, Rick Rude & King Kong Bundy, Brie & Nikki Bella, Val Venis, Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins, Jimmy Hart, John Laurinaitis, Twin Towers aka Big Bossman & Akeem , Cody Hall, Buff Bagwell, Lou Thesz, Pedro Morales, Rocky Johnson

thebostoncrab: Trish Stratus & Lita, AJ Lee & Kaitlyn, Manami Toyota & Aja Kong, Natalya & Beth Phoenix, Emma & Charlotte Flair, Victoria, Gail Kim, Mickie James, Awesome Kong, Bull Nakano, Havok, Sable, Sasha Banks, Sara Del Rey, Ivory, Toshiyo Yamada

beakerjoe: HBK, Jake Roberts, Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett, Vince McMahon, New Age Outlaws aka Billy Gunn & Road Dogg, Hart Dynasty aka Tyson Kidd & Harry Smith, Nigel McGuinness, Magnum TA, Matt Morgan & Abyss,Midnight Express aka Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane, Shane Helms, Enzo Amore, Timothy Thatcher, Shannon Moore, Karen Jarrett, Barry Horowitz

Jester252: Ric Flair, Diamond Dallas Page, Scott & Rick Steiner, William Regal & Tajiri, Booker T, William Regal & Tajiri, Tommy Dreamer & Sandman, Paul London & Brian Kendrick, Heath Slater & Titus O'Neill, Buddy Rogers, Raven Symone, Shad Gaspard, Ezekiel Jackson, David Otunga, Sherri Martel, Melina, Ahmed Johnson

Uncle Walt: Bret Hart, Randy Orton, Rob Van Dam & Sabu, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy, Bruiser Brody, Justin Credible & Lance Storm, Hayabusa & Masato Tanaka, Eliminators aka Perry Saturn & John Kronus, Dusty Rhodes, Colt Cabana, Jim Cornette, The Honky Tonk Man, Vince Russo, Jim Neidhart, Vincent McMahon Snr, Eugene

ShagNasti: Prince Devitt, Sting, Keiji Mutoh & Masahiro Chono, Lex Luger, Rusev, The Big Show, Rick Martel, Andre The Giant, Sylvester Stallone, Lana, Bad Luck Vale & Tama Tonga, Rene Dupree, The Vaudevillains aka Aiden English & Simon Gotch, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson, Don Callis, Joey Ryan

lebowskilite: Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome, Test & Albert, Stephanie McMahon, Carlos Colón Snr, Justin Gabriel, Hunico & Kalisto aka Lucha Dragons, Chyna, KaiEnTai, Chavo Guerrerro Sr, Grand Master Sexay

Moneymaker: John Cena, Brian Pillman, Legion of Doom aka Road Warriors Hawk & Animal, Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi, Demolition, Raven, Ascension aka Konnor & Viktor, Ultimo Dragon, Bruno Sammartino, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Baron Corbin, Billy Kidman, Vampiro, Chris Kanyon, Bull Buchanan, Michael Elgin

campo: Mr Perfect & Scott Hall, Eddie Guerrero, The Ultimate Warrior, Kevin Nash aka Diesel, Mr Anderson, Mark Henry, James Storm, Nikita Koloff, Ivan Koloff & Nikolai Volkoff, Bob Sapp, Chris Harris, Don Muraco, Chavo Guerrero, The Powers of Pain, Mr. Fuji, Crimson

A Brad Maddox Guy: Mick Foley, Dean Ambrose, Kenta & Naomichi Marufuji, Sycho Sid Vicious, Taz & Kevin Sullivan, Bobby Lashley, Ken Shamrock, Adam Cole, Jimmy Snuka & Paul Orndorff, Mike Tyson, MVP, Zack Sabre Jr & Marty Scurll, Shane Douglas, Gene & Ole Anderson, Abraham Washington, Tony Atlas

brianregan09: Brock Lesnar, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler & Big E Langston, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly, Shane McMahon, Gangrel, Muhammad Hassan, Steve Blackman, Dos Caras, Hugh Jackman, Haku, Sakuraba, Juventud Guerrera, The Public Enemy aka Rocco Rock & Johnny Grunge, James Mitchell, Bill DeMott

Bounty Hunter: CM Punk, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura, Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa, Samoa Joe, Vader, Jerry Lawler, Jesse Ventura, Dan Severn, Abdullah the Butcher & The Sheik, Rhonda Rousey, Jack Brisco, Gerald Brisco & Pat Patterson, Gorgeous George, Antonio Inoki & Seiji Sakaguchi, Satoru Sayama aka Tiger Mask, Mil Mascaras

mrkiscool2: Daniel Bryan, Sami Zayn & Kevin Steen, Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko, Kazuchika Okada, The Young Bucks, Chris Candido, Justin Thunder Liger, Ethan Carter III, Harley Race, Generation Next aka Roderick Strong & Jack Evans, Grado, Veda Scott, The All-Night Express, Mandrake, The Great Sasuke, Cheerleader Melissa

Sin Eater: Kurt Angle, The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase, Ricky Steamboat & Goldust, JBL, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Finlay, Steve "Dr Death" Williams & Mike Rotunda, Terry Funk, Dory Funk Jnr, Barry Windham, Bob Backlund, Toshiaki Kawada, Akira Taue, Magnus, Iron Sheik, Doug Williams

connemara man: Undertaker, Bray Wyatt & Bo Dallas, Kane & X-Pac, Matt Hardy, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan, Rhyno, D'Lo Brown & Papa Shango, Brad Maddox, Ricardo Rodriguez, Viscera, Boogeyman, El Torito, Hornswoggle, Paul Bearer, Giant Gonzales, Haystacks Calhoun

JP Liz V1: Edge, Christian, Motor City Machine Guns aka Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin, American Wolves aka Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards, Austin Aries, Santino Marella, Low-Ki & Frankie Kazarian, Lethal Consequences aka Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed, Bobby Heenan, William Shatner, Carlito & Primo Colón, Molly Holly, Rebecca Knox aka Becky Lynch, Alicia Fox, Solomon Crowe, Rockstar Spud

Spongey1975: HHH, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels, Sheamus, Yokozuna, Gangstas aka New Jack & Mustafa Saed, Bobby Roode, Jimmy & Jey Uso, Killer Kowalski & Gorilla Monsoon, Pamela Anderson, Junkyard Dog, LayCool aka Michelle McCool & Layla, Tito Santana, Eric Young, Al Snow, Spike Dudley

DM_7: Seth Rollins, Chris Hero & Cesaro, Dudley Boyz Devon & Bully Ray, Paul Heyman, Adrian Neville & Corey Graves, Umaga, Mark & Jay Briscoe, Superstar Billy Graham, Matt Sydal aka Evan Bourne, Stan Hansen, Brian Cage, Prince Puma aka Ricochet, Katsuyori Shibata & Hirooki Goto, Maxine aka Catrina, Tomohiro Ishii, Sexy Star

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Round One

DRqj1tH.gif

Spent a long time thinking of a great round one stip. And this year, the stipulation of the first round is.......

.......there is no stipulation.

Mind blown, right!
    Usually, Round One is designed to limit people, force them to think within a tight confine and pick someone from a narrow field. This year, I wanted to kill you all with kindness! Normal rules apply with regards debut dates, world champions and tag teams, but it's going to be a firesale of big names this time round, as your only limitation is deciding who to choose fromin an open field.

So do you use this chance to pick someone you absolutely must have! Do you go with the biggest name you think is available. Someone who can work with any one else? Someone who needs a certain other to make their character work. Play it safe? Take a risk?

One more note though: Round 2 will be a Reverse Order Round; if you're #1 this round, you're #20 next round. Number #2 goes 19th, etc. An early pick in round one is great for getting a top, top guy....but it could be a while before you get to choose his perfect feud partner.

So pick wisely and remember how many people are between you and the perfect combo!

Round 1 was drawn randomly, and the order is as follows...

1. Lithium93_
    2. Lord TSC
    3. Beaker Joe
    4. Bounty Hunter
    5. Connemara man
    6. MrKiscool2
    7. MNG
    8. Spongey1975
    9. Uncle Walt
    10. Jester252
    11. MoneyMaker
    12. thebostoncrab
    13. Sin Eater
    14. Campo
    15. BrianRegan
    16. RAF32
    17. Lebowskittle
    18. Brad Maddox Guy
    19. Shagnasti
    20. JP Liz

So congratulations to Lithium93_ who gets his pick of the litter, and good luck to everyone else.

*Ding ding*

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Whoo 1st pick :D,

And my first roster pick will be none other than The Architect, Mr. Money In The Bank, and Triple H's Plan B

Seth Rollins

tumblr_n7njviFo2p1qh94vdo1_500.png

IWF Roster

1. Seth Rollins

My first pick is...

Dwayne Johnson

Dwayne+johnson_images_Maivia_photos_pics_pictures_rare_Rocky_The+Rock_unseen_Wrestling_wwe_wwf_young.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Keeping with cheesie old pics, my first draftee ?......

hbk_hot5.jpg

HBK Shawn Michaels!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

On behalf of Bounty Hunter

His pick is CM Punk

CM_Punk_11.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

So my pick is

Lights out bell rings

hqdefault.jpg

The Undertaker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

MWF is proud to present one of the greatest technical wrestlers in the world at the moment. This man has been out with injury for a while but after some talks and successful surgery, we are proud to announce our first round pick as none other than Daniel Bryan!

DanielBryanWWE_crop_exact.jpg?w=1500&h=1500&q=85

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My first pick is a man I've never had the opportunity to write for in the past. I never thought I would get the chance to have him this year either so I'm delighted I can acquire his services. I won't go on and on with a list of his qualities and achievements as you likely know them already. Simply put, on a list of all-time great stars this man has to be on it.

Ladies and gentlemen...

...we at Monday Night Grappling present to you...

218785.jpg

...STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!

I think he'll be a lot of fun to use. Oh hell yeah!

Monday Night Grappling roster thus far:

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Its all about the game. SWE welcomes the King of Kings

.................TRIPLE H

TripleH_zps0593f35d.jpg

Spongey Wrestling Entertainment Roster
    1. Triple H

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Unfortunately I've yet to amass the 50 post necessary to post a cheesy picture of my first chosen Superstar, so the written word shall have to suffice.

CFzBIkp.jpg

HE IS INDEED.. THE BEST THERE WAS.. THE BEST THERE IS.. AND THE BEST THERE'LL EVER BE

WECWF ROSTER 2015
    BRET HART

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

JCW is proud to present

The Stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun!

RIC FLAIR

wlflair1.jpg?w=650&h=380

JCW Roster
    1. Ric Flair

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

OCW returns to your airwaves with the biggest announcement in it's short history. The acquisition of the most divisive star in PW history.

cena_rap_rey_030812.jpg

OCW Roster:

John Cena

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Fusion Pro Wrestling is taking a different turn in it's 4th year. Every year we have noticed that one particular type of wrestler seems to be a third or fourth thought in bookers minds, and often booked just for the sake of booking this type of wrestler. We have decided that enough is enough. These are some of the best wrestlers in the world and we are going to showcase them for what they are. This year, every single member of our roster is a woman.

And with that, allow us to welcome to you our first two picks. Two women that have become trailblazers in the sport. Ladies and gentlemen, Trish Stratus and Lita

trishlita1_original.jpg?1364213899

Fusion Pro Wrestling

1) Trish Stratus
    2) Lita

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

It's true, it's true, I'm picking the greatest wrestler of the 21st century.

It's only Kurt frikkin' Angle!

anglewig_display_image.jpg?1328560912

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

CWA returns to the PW Draft wars and this year they are bringing with them 2 of the greatest superstars of all time

Mr.Perfect

Mr-Perfect-41.png

And

Scott Hall

19960527_hall.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

RCW is back with a bang and the owner Brian Ragen walked out with a massive acquisition to there roster today

brock-lesnar-250.jpg

BROCK LESNAR

The one behind 21 and 1 walked out to a massive shock from the surrounding press and Brock had this to say

Brock: I came here to RCW because I'm sick of sitting on my ass week after week without being used properly , so here I am in RCW where I'm aiming to destroy anyone who gets in my way , and YES I'll be here every week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

After its first year last year USCW has decided to add a little star power. The biggest draw in Sports entertainment, the biggest icon in wrestling......Hulk Hogan!

hulk-hogan-pastamania.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

International Championship Wrestling returns for another draft, and the first announcement is the signing of Chris Jericho!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJ1ih8wqjc7kukb7DaKhj4ohvky7mpbv2VkDn2sPqP3kdef-IbFg

ICW%20logob%20icon.png Roster:

1. Chris Jericho

3 People left to chose
    18. Brad Maddox Guy
    19. Shagnasti
    20. JP Liz
    Round 2

Reverse Order Round.

1. JP Liz
    2. Shagnasti
    3. Brad Maddox Guy
    4. Lebowskittle
    5. Raf32
    6. BrianRegan
    7 Campo
    8. Sin Eater
    9 The Boston Crab
    10. Moneymaker
    11. Jester252
    12. Uncle Walt
    13. Spongey1975
    14. Mr Nice Guy
    15. MrKIsCool2
    16. Connemara Man
    17. Boutny Hunter
    18. Beaker Joe
    19. Lord TSC
    20. Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

After delayed negotiations involving a failed wooing attempt of the clients daughter, MWA is pleased to announce the signing of Mrs Foley's baby boy, Saint Mick Foley.

Mick_Foley_Wweplus_Wps.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

WCW Wrestling welcomes it's first draft of the Boards.ie Draft 2015.

Prince Devitt

safe_image.php?d=AQC6ndTyEBCX42OE&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdailywrestlingnews.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F12%2FFinn-Balor-5.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1

WCW Roster

Prince Devitt
    Sting

• Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

LizLinear Wrestling Entertainment welcomes as it's first pick

the rated R superstar Edge

Edge_World_Heavyweight_Champ.jpg

LWE roster so far:-

Edge

• Registered Users Posts: 85,503 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

LizLinear Wrestling Entertainment welcomes

Christian

Sii,_Christian_campe%C3%B3n_de_ECW.jpg

LWE roster so far:-

Edge
    Christian

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

My second acquisition is a man who is destined to be back around WWE between now and Wrestlemania. I choose...THE ICON STING!
    sting-dvd_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Dean Ambrose has joined MWA

8327%20-%20Dean_Ambrose%20tlc%20wwe.png

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

2nd pick for International Championship Wrestling, who will be pushing him to the moon and back and we don't care what the hipsters think!

Joe_Anoai.jpg

ICW%20logob%20icon.png Roster:

1. Chris Jericho
    2. Roman Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

With our second pick, the USCW picks the legendary Macho Man....Randy Savage!

macho-man-randy-savage-1_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

USCW Roster:
    1. Hulk Hogan
    2. Randy Savage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

RCW is proud to bring to you its 2nd draft pick and its another former multiple time WWE Champion

Albertoooooooo Deeeellll Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooooo

405512_1340610544903_230_405.jpg

RCW Roster

1: Brock Lesnar
    2: Alberto Del Rio

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

CWA is proud to announce the return of their legends Champion

EDDIE GUERRERO

Eddie_Guerrero_5.png

Roster
    Scott Hall
    Eddie Guerrero
    Mr.Perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Two wrestlers.
    Arguably the greatest all round wrestler to never win a world title....

The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase

and his partner, one of the greatest brawlers to ever step into the squared circle, not only big in Japan, but everywhere else he went to ...

Stan Hansen

f3a7994e68399124305822caac23151c.jpg

Advertisement