Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stena to UK €1 book by 18th [Expired]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

ted1 wrote: »
    It's more to take the kids ona boat. They may love or hate it

did it last year with the kids and they had a ball!!! over and back with just an hour in Holyhead (3 and 5 1/2)

Just to note that they looked for ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Just booked my ferry tickets thanks! saved over €100

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

suave.4u wrote: »
    Cheers dude, thats a great plan.

Let us know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Dodge wrote: »
    Anyone know the parking situation in Dublin port? I'd head over with the family for a day trip (the boat would be cool for a 5 year old) but I'd like to be able to park at the terminal

Long Term parking is available in a special car park directly beside the terminal building. The cost is €9.00 per 24hrs (part there of). The cost per week is €50. The parking area is barrier controlled. Tickets are automatically issued on entry and you pay the amount due on exit. There is an automatic pay station just outside the terminal building - only €20, €10 and €5 notes are accepted. Payment by credit card is accepted during working hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

scudzilla wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on

i know you said your from north wales, but would there be anything near fishguard to pass the day away ? me and a few friends may just head for the laugh :)

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    It's more to take the kids ona boat. They may love or hate it

Used to do that with my kids when they were small they always loved it, It is like an adventure for them especially if they have never been at sea before aharr.
    Suggestion here for ya, i'm from North Wales so know the area like the back of my hand

Get off the ferry and get the train to Conwy, leaves Holyhead at 13:07 and gets into Conwy at 1415

Spend the afternoon in Conwy, visit the castle, go the the smallest house in Great Britain, have a fish and chip dinner on the harbour, then get the 18:25 train back from Conwy, getting into Holyhead at 19:15

Train fare is 15quid return and Conwy really is a beautiful little town, less than 20quid for a day out

Good suggestion Conwy is great little walled town, we often stop off there on the way to Manchester. Lived there for a while when I was small albeit in Dr. Garretts home :rolleyes:

2smiggy wrote: »
    i know you said your from north wales, but would there be anything near fishguard to pass the day away ? me and a few friends may just head for the laugh :)

I worked down that area for a while, Fishguard is a decent enough little town, not that big, few half decent pubs but thats about it, if you had a car there's some great scenery round there but as it's a foot deal i guess not

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I worked down that area for a while, Fishguard is a decent enough little town, not that big, few half decent pubs but thats about it, if you had a car there's some great scenery round there but as it's a foot deal i guess not

thanks, sur we could have a walk around, a bit of dinner and a few pints !!

Long Term parking is available in a special car park directly beside the terminal building. The cost is €9.00 per 24hrs (part there of). The cost per week is €50. The parking area is barrier controlled. Tickets are automatically issued on entry and you pay the amount due on exit. There is an automatic pay station just outside the terminal building - only €20, €10 and €5 notes are accepted. Payment by credit card is accepted during working hrs.

Not 'quite' correct, the barrier controlled area is outside the Irish Ferries terminal, with Stena you just park outside and Pay and Display, they only have maybe 12-15 spots though, if it's full then you'll have to park in the bigger Irish Ferries car park and walk to the Stena Terminal (5mins)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,508 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Booed tickets, going to bring a gang of nieces and nephews along for a day trip.

What is the seating like in the boat, as in is there plenty of seats or is it a bit of a squeeze to find seats to all sit together?

• Advertisement

Not 'quite' correct, the barrier controlled area is outside the Irish Ferries terminal, with Stena you just park outside and Pay and Display, they only have maybe 12-15 spots though, if it's full then you'll have to park in the bigger Irish Ferries car park and walk to the Stena Terminal (5mins)

Should of pointed out I lifted that from the IF site. :rolleyes:

Do you know if foot passengers can be in a car or do they have to go through the terminal?

Also on exit if they had to go through terminal or can they go in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Simon2015 wrote: »
    The only problem with this offer is that there is f**k all to do in hollyhead.

I bought 'Reservoir Dogs' on video there mid 90's when it was still banned here. Ex rental in Blockbuster or whatever it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

If any one is into horse racing, Bangor racecourse doesn't seem to be too far away.

If any one is into horse racing, Bangor racecourse doesn't seem to be too far away.

There's no Racecourse in Bangor, North Wales

True Story here, some years ago one of the top jockeys turned up in Bangor and was asking for directions to the racecourse, he then realised he was in the wrong Bangor, the racecourse in in North East Wales, around 15miles from Wrexham

Do you know if foot passengers can be in a car or do they have to go through the terminal?

Also on exit if they had to go through terminal or can they go in the car?

I've booked a car just for myself, my wife and our friends will be going on the 1euro deal, i'll drop them off at the terminal and take the car through, then meet them on the boat. At the end of the trip they'll just come down to the car deck with me and we'll drive off.

Will also tell the person on duty at the reception desk there's going to be 3 foot passengers coming with me, in case they do a head count and are 3 short

Never been a foot passenger, was going to do the same as you, do they do a headcount?

I've booked a car just for myself, my wife and our friends will be going on the 1euro deal, i'll drop them off at the terminal and take the car through, then meet them on the boat. At the end of the trip they'll just come down to the car deck with me and we'll drive off.

Will also tell the person on duty at the reception desk there's going to be 3 foot passengers coming with me, in case they do a head count and are 3 short

Never been a foot passenger, was going to do the same as you, do they do a headcount?

When i've been a foot passenger yes, they do a head count, it's only courtesy to let them know you'll be driving off with 3 foot passengers in case they think the worst and that 3 people are missing, doesn't harm to tell them

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Red Kev wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it. I booked a ticket as a foot passenger, then tries to edit/change it to bring a bike and it can't be done it seems.

Normally if you want to change a ticket there's a window to change/add/remove a vehicle, be it a car, van bicycle etc., but this window isn't open.

To quote that great war leader Capt. Kevin Darling.....

Bugger.

But I've read elsewhere that you can just rock up to the port with your bike and they'll load it onto the luggage van.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭metroburgers

Might anyone have a morning crossing they've booked but won't be using? I'd love to travel any morning midweek (Holyhead/Fishguard) next week but there's nothing available now. I missed the boat... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

I emailed them about the bike and this was the reply:

# 1 Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are unable to book bicycles in advance on this ticket type.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind regards

Stena Line

2# Many thanks, does that mean I can book bikes on the day at an extra cost?

3# Thank you for your reply.

As long as there is space on the day this will be fine.

Kind regards

Stena Line

I am taking this to mean 'Yes' you can bring a bike, but we cannot tell you that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wally Runs wrote: »
    I emailed them about the bike and this was the reply:

# 1 Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are unable to book bicycles in advance on this ticket type.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind regards

Stena Line

2# Many thanks, does that mean I can book bikes on the day at an extra cost?

3# Thank you for your reply.

As long as there is space on the day this will be fine.

Kind regards

Stena Line

I am taking this to mean 'Yes' you can bring a bike, but we cannot tell you that?
    As long as theres space on the day and our massive ship hasn't magically shrank overnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Northern lassie

Does anyone know how easy it is to change names on this booking? If I book a ticket for someone and they can't make it on the day, could I change the name?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You will not be allowed to stay on boat, depending on how long you're in Wales for get a train to Bangor, a lot more to do than Holyhead, 30mins on the train

We come back 2 hours after we dock and have to be back on the boat an hour in advance so we might just step on land and come back.

We used to have such a laugh in the booze boat days.

Does anyone know how easy it is to change names on this booking? If I book a ticket for someone and they can't make it on the day, could I change the name?
    Thanks

For a Euro just book everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Plenty of Irish have been unfortunate enough to have missed their ferry and been stranded in Holyhead and forced to drink themselves stupid in the Boston pub as the town is so depressing

Is that the place with the Niall.Quinn pic on the wall?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ticket service crashes every time I try to book, need to get to a pc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

suave.4u wrote: »
    Never been on Stenaline.
    is it necessary to book a cabin for EUR 30 ? Is there enough space/entertainment for a 3 hour journey otherwise?

What would you do on a bus or train?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

We should organize a Boards Beers meetup on the boat....

...I wonder how long before cabin fever would kick in and we all kill each other! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Looks like everything gone, not a single day left where you can return same day back to Dublin.

Advertisement