Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odeon launching Unlimited Card

Options
  • 27-02-2016 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

Got an email from Odeon this morning about their new 'Limitless' card.
    It allows unlimited visits to Odeon for a set monthly fee on 12 month contract for those unfamiliar with Cineworld's offering.

They are launching it on 5th of March. No price details yet, only a pre registration option.
    Hopefully they will price it similar to Cineworld.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

There's rumbles of a new cinema being built less than a kilometer from my house. If it's an Odeon this is a no-brainer for me. It'll definitely beat bus fare and buying food while I'm in town too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Given my nearest Odeon cinema has by some considerable margin the lowest quality projection standards and screen layout of any cinema within easy travelling distance, this is a definite 'no thanks'. Although not sure I could tolerate 'limitless' amounts of their voice announcer anyway :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Hmm... Anyone know what Odeon Point Village is like these days? Have had a Cineworld Unlimited card for the last few years but the place is horrible on a Friday/Saturday evening with the amount of people who talk and/or text during films. Would consider switching for this...

If Movies@ did this, that would be a no-brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Quite like the point village. Staff are friendly and place usually isn't too packed. Audience tends to be slightly older and quiet. Although in fairness, that could be just the type of films I go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Any link to that pre registration thing? Quite handy for me, there's odeon 10 minutes on the bus from me, whereas cineworld is quite a bit further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭ffocused

Any link to that pre registration thing? Quite handy for me, there's odeon 10 minutes on the bus from me, whereas cineworld is quite a bit further.

https://r1.dotmailer-surveys.com/c61mdf4d-8b1nd85f

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I'm pretty sure that it's linked to /checked against your odeon account

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that it's linked to /checked against your odeon account

Well I have a my odeon account anyway, so I linked that email address.

Hope its less than cineworld.

940857_10153923107299044_5537693838614185753_n.jpg?oh=c10ad5e644c1e833cf2c649f45823d5a&oe=5768030D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Guts of 300e if it's just a pure conversion.

Which cinemas are odeons?

Stillorgan
    Point
    Charlestown
    Swords

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

errlloyd wrote: »

Which cinemas are odeons?

Stillorgan
    Point
    Charlestown

All them and

Coolock,
    Blanch,
    Cavan,
    Limerick,
    Naas,
    Newbridge,
    Portlaoise,
    Waterford

Swords isn't odeon, its @movies.

errlloyd wrote:

I'm hoping for 15 - 20 a month

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

If it's anything like any other product they bring over then we are going to be fleeced, I'm expecting €400 at least and €30 for the monthly pass.

Not really. Cineworld's card is £17 something in the UK, but only 21.40 over here. They'd be mad to overprice it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Not really. Cineworld's card is £17 something in the UK, but only 21.40 over here. They'd be mad to overprice it.

I hope they don't because it is something I have wanted for years and will definitely be availing of if the price is right.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

If it's anything like any other product they bring over then we are going to be fleeced, I'm expecting €400 at least and €30 for the monthly pass.

I heard a monthly price of €21.99 and annual approx €250.

Loughc wrote:
    I heard a monthly price of €21.99 and annual approx €250.

I'd pay 22 a month no problem if you went to the cinema three times a month it'd be good value

dunworth1 wrote: »
    I'd pay 22 a month no problem if you went to the cinema three times a month it'd be good value

Some months I go 4 times a month so it's a bargain in my eyes. So glad they're doing it, was always jealous of cineworld's one but it was so far away from me.

1. It's a 12-month contract, with the monthly payment being 17.99/19.99. There's no way to only get a month of limitless film watching and stuff, and there's no way to cancel it once you've subscribed.

2. It won't work as a form of ID. Any 15 Year old butts would need to bring regular forms of ID to watch Deadpool and stuff.

3. When you get your tickets, you need your limitless card on you at all times, or we won't accept any tickets.

4. You can only prebook 2 films at a time, to ensure people don't prebook for an whole weekend when they're unsure which day to go, leading to empty seats everywhere.

5. All films work with it. Theatre/Sports/Music performances wont work at all. There's a separate upgrade of around £2 for 3D films or premium seating.

Basically same as cineworld.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I'd have to do some maths on this one.

My local cinema is an Odeon, it's very close too, so no travel costs but I usually avail of their €5 Wednesday offer so even going once a week for a full year that's only €260.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

My local cinema is Odeon, but as I'm a 3 customer I can get two tickets for €10 any time Sunday to Thursday. If they ever scrapped that I'd consider getting the card, but at the moment I'm unlikely to go to the cinema 3 or 4 times a month to make the card worthwhile.

Zaph wrote: »
    My local cinema is Odeon, but as I'm a 3 customer I can get two tickets for €10 any time Sunday to Thursday. If they ever scrapped that I'd consider getting the card, but at the moment I'm unlikely to go to the cinema 3 or 4 times a month to make the card worthwhile.

the way i would look at it that i would probably end up going to see films that i wouldn't normally have gone to see. and if it was crap i could just walk out and not feel bad about it

I'd have to do some maths on this one.

My local cinema is an Odeon, it's very close too, so no travel costs but I usually avail of their €5 Wednesday offer so even going once a week for a full year that's only €260.

But you're limited to only going to cinema on Wednesday's when it tends to be busier especially when there are decent new releases.

Loughc wrote: »
    But you're limited to only going to cinema on Wednesday's when it tends to be busier especially when there are decent new releases.

I go in the afternoon, it's never busy. Quite a few oldies depending on the film but generally very quiet.

What I'm saying though is that currently I can go once a week for €260 so I'd have to think would having the card make me go more often? Would it be worth the potential extra cost? This time of year there's enough new releases I probably would go more than once a week, other times though there might not be.

I go in the afternoon, it's never busy. Quite a few oldies depending on the film but generally very quiet.

What I'm saying though is that currently I can go once a week for €260 so I'd have to think would having the card make me go more often? Would it be worth the potential extra cost? This time of year there's enough new releases I probably would go more than once a week, other times though there might not be.

Yea I know what you mean. Currently I prob go 3-4 times a month, but I avoid Wednesday's as I work during the day and the night time is a nightmare in my local Odeon, it's always so busy. So even with using the 3 codes a flat monthly fee should/hopefully mean a saving for me.

I assume you can only buy one ticket on these cards? You can't pay for your friend's ticket, for example?

I assume you can only buy one ticket on these cards? You can't pay for your friend's ticket, for example?

You can't.

Some more info on the odeon site about limitless

http://www.odeoncinemas.ie/search/Limitless/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

very helpful answer :rolleyes:

Q: What should I do if my Limitless card is damaged, lost or stolen?

A: What should I do if my Limitless card is damaged, lost or stolen?

also not liking this mention of adding "with Dublin" package

Which ODEON cinemas aren't included in a Limitless membership?

Dublin cinemas (Blanchardstown, Charlestown, Coolock, Point Village, Stillorgan) are only included if you select the ‘with Dublin’ package.

Advertisement