Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Europe (Vinca) language and culture in early layers of Serbian and Irish culture

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dublinviking

Ok, let's start with this.

Is this the oldest stone circle, not wood circle, in Europe? It was recently discovered in Bulgaria and it has been dated to 6000 bc. This places this stone circle at the same place and same time as Vinca civilization. Are Copper and Megaliths connected? Did ancient copper miners build megaliths?

Templul-Soarelui-Bulgaria.jpg

6,000 B.C. - Sun Temple? / Bulgaria - "Bulgarian archaeologist Georgi Ganetsovski has made a new hit discovering by unearthing what might be the world's oldest sun temple. [NP] The team of Georgi Ganetsovski, an archaeologist from the Vratsa Regional History Museum, who specializes in paleolithic settlements, has uncovered a structure similar in function to the Stonehenge in the UK but is 3 000 years older than it. [NP] The 8000-year-old structure has been found near the village of Ohoden, Vratsa District, Northwestern Bulgaria. [....] Ganetsovski has been excavating the site near Ohoden for years, which is believed to harbor important remains from the first agricultural communities in Europe; over the summer he found an 8000-year-old skeleton of a young man dubbed by the media 'The First European.' [....]" [Based on: Archaeology News article (Bulgarian Archaeologist Discovers World's Likely Oldest Sun Temple) December 16, 2010]

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=123253

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tryballia

Hello from Serbia to all our Irish, Scottish and Welsh brothers, and great job dublinviking =) There is no doubt that we are the same people ie. that we have the same ancestors, and i believe that anyone who is slightly interested in this topic, whether Irish, Serbian, Scottish or Welsh, feel this strongly. We are the ancients and we recognize it in each other. There was so much propaganda against Serbs throughout history, that it's about time someone set the records straight =) Btw, Serbs are not a nation, Serbs are a race, that's another thing that's manipulated and hidden from mainstream historical data, and of course the biggest joke ever - that we came to Balkans in 7th century =)) No, we've been here forever.

Btw, did any of you ever thought about the word "province"? What's the root of that word? =) The root is Vinca, so it is pro+Vinca = province (or provincija in Serbian), no surprise? =)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Tryballia wrote: »
    Btw, did any of you ever thought about the word "province"? What's the root of that word? =) The root is Vinca, so it is pro+Vinca = province (or provincija in Serbian), no surprise? =)

Etymology
    From Middle English provynce, from Old French *province, from Latin prōvincia (“territory brought under Roman domination; official duty, office, charge, province”), from Proto-Indo-European *prōw- (“right judge, master”). Cognate with Gothic ð†ð‚ðŒ°ðŒ¿ðŒ¾ðŒ° (frauja, “lord, master”), Old English frēa (“ruler, lord, king, master”). See also frow.

And where do you think french province or latin provincia is coming from? =)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Tryballia wrote: »
    And where do you think french province or latin provincia is coming from? =)
    from Proto-Indo-European *prōw- (“right judge, master”). Cognate with Gothic ð†ð‚ðŒ°ðŒ¿ðŒ¾ðŒ° (frauja, “lord, master”), Old English frēa (“ruler, lord, king, master”). See also frow.

It's obvious where Pro comes from, but it's also obvious for the other part of the word ;) it is pro+vince, and when you take the meaning of the word province, and notion that Vinca was the first inhabited area in Europe, the first civilisation, it's all clear. =)

btw, there is another interesting Serbian word used in English "cruising" = kruzenje, kruziti in Serbian, and it has the same meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Raphael37

The father of the sacred fire, Agni, was named Tvastri, the divine carpenter. He made swastika the equipment for producing fire. Swastika consists of pramantha, the upper stick, the spindle, drill, and arani or under stick, the board. By rubbing pramantha against arani, the friction produces the heat and subsequently flame, divine Agni. Agni is born in a depression made at the intersection-point of two pieces of wood, which are orthogonal to each other.

s11.postimg.org/lt5zuj1ir/swastika.png

I specifically joined this forum to say thanks for the information you have provided specifically about the swastika.

I have added some of your work to what is being recovered by ME+me.

As these links are evidence of;
    at37DOTwordpress.com/2012/02/23/windmills-swastikas-seeds/
    at37DOTwordpress.com/2012/12/31/swastika-city-arkaim/

Our work seems to intersect in many respects.

Do you mind if I use your image?

As you can see I always provide links to my sources.

selah V

RaphaEL

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Raphael37

I then looked at the Ango – Saxon period and discovered that there was a significant West Slavic (Wendish) presence in the Angles alliance.

I am German
    I married an Irish gal
    2 kids later
    It did not quite work out

later in life I started to dig deeper into ME+me roots and whoa look what I found

my last name is WEDEkiNd
    WeDeN means VeDaS (nice link between Indo-Aryan)
    WeNDiSH contains similar consonants.

I seem to be in the process of an archetypal MEME ME+me MEMorEE download, what if?
    How else to explain it?

Being new I cannot provide direct links.
    Go here;

at37DOTwordpress.com/?s=wedekind+widukind

just add the https:// to the beginning and replace DOT with a .

selah V

Advertisement