Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Do dark forces draw us together once more?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Augmerson wrote: »
    Do dark forces draw us together once more?
    you should go and fall asleep :P I'm sick of filling in for you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Do we have a confirmed date for this?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    *wishes* please be the 13th or 14th
    I think himself is still in London, not sure

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sera wrote: »
    *wishes* please be the 13th or 14th
    I think himself is still in London, not sure

I haven't even gone to London yet :P going in Tuesday.

Friday the 13th works for me. Ooh a Friday the 13th retro horror night!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll bring overblood.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »

I'll bring overblood.

No need my good man! I have it. Unfortunately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

PPPPIIIIIPPPPPOOOOOO!!!!

Ok horror games I have are various resident evils, obscure 1 & 2, overblood, silent hill and project zero

So bring horror games!

• Advertisement

Also if you're going Ciderman I'll give you Lemmings
    I literally squee'd :P you're so totally my bestie

Retr0 you've my copy of The Ring on DC don't you? let's play that! "I know the two of them, they're my friends"
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    PPPPIIIIIPPPPPOOOOOO!!!!
    *crouch hand thing*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think we can forgo the CDi this time, no?

But then, it is a horror evening, and what better represents on-screen, mind bending terror than the animated freak show that is CDi Zelda cutscenes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I've got a good feeling about completing Burn:Cycle this time around.

You couldn't possibly expect us to sit through another couple of hours of that abomination, can you?
    That nightclub?
    Did we save the progress into the devices diabolical innards?
    To save time, here's the ending!

Definitely going to this one on Friday night, any one my side of the city needing a lift, Dino, Sparks or O1s1n?

Definitely going to this one on Friday night, any one my side of the city needing a lift, Dino, Sparks or O1s1n?
    Oh good, I'll bring Lemmings for you and Dinorex I've your mandrill tee here as well I'll bring it if you're going too

Who is going on Friday, just so's I can have abuse at the ready?

Me and sera will be there so the easy targets are sorted for you :P

Right, what time does this start and can you PM me directions?

• Advertisement

7ish sound ok for everyone?

Is there a Wii?

I have Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise!

DinoRex wrote: »
    Is there a Wii?

I have Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise!

Of course I have a wii!

But this is a horror night!

Also drop me a pm if you need directions.

Of course I have a wii!

What if you're really scared of hi-fiving monkeys?

DinoRex wrote: »
    Of course I have a wii!

What if you're really scared of hi-fiving monkeys?

It is my one fear :(

I know it's a long shot but if anyone has dragon quest IX and wants to trade maps can they bring it along?

n'mind that DQ9, don't forget to bring The Ring on DC!
    I'm bringing Knock over the cans tower 3, Haunting Ground, Trapt (it's kinda scary), Forbidden Siren 2 and Kuon

Kuon is creepy! mmm, not sure if I should play it or see it being played excepting in the bright midday sun, when the "things" can't get to me!

• Advertisement

I'll bring some horror games. Burn: Cycle, Rise of the Robots, Cho Aniki, Dark Castle, Legend of Dragoon and Goldeneye's frame rate.

Advertisement