Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated look for the site.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Thanks Kash , will give it a go

Also sometimes you have to hit the link twice on the iPad for it to work, happens to me sometimes.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Is there a way to change back to the old skin?...

Read 1st post or use 'edit options' in CP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Is there a way to change back to the old skin? also when I'm using boards on my phone the the drop menu's I guess is what you call them don't appear E.G REC REGION GAMES ETC Is this fixable? also I only get the new skin When I sign in and when I'm logged out I have the old skin
    There's a link at the bottom of the first post which will switch you back.

It probably would have been a good idea to keep the two links (activate/deactivate) together at the top of the post, rather than separated by 3 pages of text...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Nice work all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LolWhyuNoGG

Already liking the look of it man, good job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Fuuuuuuuuus

much better!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 nixit

omg, wow... an amazing difference... looks great, well done.

-> Update the icons such as blue_star_*.gif,user_offline.gif,etc.
    -> More access to around the forum.
    -> More modern, (like IPB)
    -> etc..

Thanks.

-> Submit button on left side / Preview button on right side. (Switch them over)

An example, also please update the icons in the postbit.
    Such as:
    im_icq.gif -> icq_protocol.png
    im_yahoo.gif -> yahoo.png
    im_msn.gif -> messenger.png
    etc..
    yellow_star_1.gif-> 031.png
    user_online.gif -> status_online.png
    user_offline.gif -> user_silhouette.png
    report.gif -> dialog-warning.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

....sorry, it's been so long since I asked on this thread, and I can't read all 50-60 pages since, to find out or not, but........

1. Hover-over to expand sub-menu's : is this going to happen, or can't happen or....likely to happen, or..........A.Other reason ?
    2. Same thing but for the brightness - really, really need to tone it down....

Just reading the last few pages, re space at the bottom - I think the bookmarks bar is redundant and could be done without.

[edit] - just switched back to old skin and............instant relief on the eyesight.......it is measurably more comfortable to read (old)....so back I go to using it for another while......[/edit]

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 22 scotty1

What is all the fuss and excitement about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Just want to report an issue with the Search results page. The results page does not seem to be loading correctly. I've attached a couple of screenshots. Using Firefox 13.0.1 on Ubuntu 10.04

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Just want to report an issue with the Search results page. The results page does not seem to be loading correctly. I've attached a couple of screenshots. Using Firefox 13.0.1 on Ubuntu 10.04

I imagine you're not using plain old Firefox, and instead are using Firefox with HTTPS anywhere or some other addon to force a HTTPS connection. This won't work with Boards and none of the CSS styles will get loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

I imagine you're not using plain old Firefox, and instead are using Firefox with HTTPS anywhere or some other addon to force a HTTPS connection. This won't work with Boards and none of the CSS styles will get loaded.

Spot on Danny. Disabled HTTPS and working fine now. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Are there any plans to add sub-themes to this new theme i.e. allow people choose different colour schemes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

AdMMM wrote: »
    Are there any plans to add sub-themes to this new theme i.e. allow people choose different colour schemes?

Yes. Grey and black will be the first variants but obviously the priority is to make sure the it's generally working first and they will added down the line.

A list of the feedback they've taken on board so far is in the first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

AdMMM wrote: »

Have a look at the Update on the OP for what features we will be adding in based on the feedback we've received here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

add a report mod feature to report mods abusing power or being OTT

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

add a report mod feature to report mods abusing power or being OTT

It already exists, in the form of PM, helpdesk (for a general report) and the DRP (to contest infractions and bans). ;)

Don't see what this has to do with the new skin though?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Don't see what this has to do with the new skin though?

It seems to me that someone...

:cool:

... has Nothing Better 2 Do.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 The Organic College

This is so much better.. well done and hope it is a great success.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Has the number of unread threads/notifications next to your screen name disapeared from the bar at the top? It still shows in the dropdown list but its not next to my screen name anymore. Using IE9 on Windows 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

was just coming on to request full width pages and reduced padding.

I love when people take feedback on board, well done guys, looking well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Not Bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kathleenl

This is so much nicer and easier to follow. Keep up the good work..:)

I just noticed that site wide announcements don't show up on the index anymore.

Was looking and saw the announcement for the Nikon competition so I signed in and it suddenly disappeared.

lee3155 wrote: »
    I just noticed that site wide announcements don't show up on the index anymore.

Was looking and saw the announcement for the Nikon competition so I signed in and it suddenly disappeared.

Any chance of a screenshot? Announcements show up on the top of the page (http://www.boards.ie/) just fine whether logged in or out for me.

Any chance of a screenshot? Announcements show up on the top of the page (http://www.boards.ie/) just fine whether logged in or out for me.

23365-1101.PNG

Yep and it's grand now, they suddenly reappeared :o

Thanks anyways!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

It seems to me that someone...

:cool:

... has Nothing Better 2 Do.

:pac:

Here's your coat, exit's over that way. ->

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Can someone pm me how to change back to the old skin if possible? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement