Protest against cuts and Government greed. - Page 11 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

07-05-2012, 11:42   #151
FRIENDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojomcdojo View Post
An awful lot of words used to say very little.

How can one know much of the corruption in this country when they know nothing of a local and nationally infamous TD? What qualification do you have to point and say, "These guys care about the people and those guys don't" when you don't even know their backgrounds or records?

It's simply impossible to ascertain a valid opinion from such patchy information.
"What qualification do you have to point and say"

To answer your question,
I am a citizen of Ireland, a husband, a Father, a single income earning family who is struggling to stay afloate.
Advertisement
07-05-2012, 11:45   #152
Monty Burnz
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIENDO View Post

To answer your question,
I am a citizen of Ireland, a husband, a Father, a single income earning family who is struggling to stay afloate.
Best of luck at the meeting Friendo - but be very wary of easy answers and people telling you stuff you want to hear. I personally have no moral or ideological problems with taxing rich people more or having a 'wealth tax', but I do have a pragmatic problem with it - I just think that the rich people will move their money abroad, which will mean we (non-rich people) miss out on even more.

Ask hard questions, and beware easy answers!
07-05-2012, 11:54   #153
Rojomcdojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIENDO View Post

To answer your question,

Citizenship is a license to ignore the fundamental problems facing the economy and to remain uninformed politically, while at the same time purporting to have better solutions for Ireland than the government that was mandated by the people of this country just over a year ago?

You're right, I suppose!
07-05-2012, 12:44   #154
klong

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaxi View Post
Certainly Wallace has questions to answer but in his defence you'd have to say while his actions were reckless and he should be made to pay for them, they were not underhand and illegal.
Of course we're not forgetting this, right:

Independent TD Mick Wallace has been fined €7,000 for failing to pay pension contributions for his workers into their pension fund.

Mr Wallace pleaded guilty to five charges of deducting pension contributions and failing to pay them in the Construction Workers Pension Scheme between January and May 2008.

He was fined €1,000 for each of the first four charges and €3,000 for the final count.

Judge James Paul McDonnell said the courts take a very serious view of such offences.

Outside court, Mr Wallace said it was a very serious matter but all the money had now been paid over.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1205/wallacem.html

At least he admitted he was wrong.

As for Paul Kehoe. Of course he wouldn't have had to register the property in 2010- he only bought the apartment in June. Registrations are made in January. If the property was vacant in January 2011, when he would have been registering his interests, surely he wouldn't have had to declare it? The article states that it was rented in the summer of that year. The rules as quoted in the article state that disclosure must be made for all or part of the previous year- so he should have declared an interest in January of this year.
07-05-2012, 13:09   #155
Tzar Chasm

Mick wallaces debts are nothing to do with Irelands bank guarantee, he owes the money to foreign banks and last I heard they were being serviced.

But hey its a lot easier to find sh1t than solutions
Advertisement
07-05-2012, 13:15   #156
Monty Burnz
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar Chasm View Post
Mick wallaces debts are nothing to do with Irelands bank guarantee, he owes the money to foreign banks and last I heard they were being serviced.
He owes money to lots of banks, some of them nationalised.

Quote:
Mr Wallace, who has total debts exceeding €40 million, told The Irish Times at the weekend that he swore a statement for the bank last week setting out all he and his company owned.

He said he had no idea what the bank now intended to do or whether it would take bankruptcy proceedings.

The bank appointed a receiver in May 2011 but Mr Wallace said this applied to the assets of his company and not the company itself. He said that although the company was still trading and employing a few staff, it was effectively “finished”.

Since the judgment against the company, it has struggled to find good work. He said he would not be able to repay his debts because the value of his assets had greatly diminished.

The other banks to which he owed money – which include AIB, Bank of Scotland (Ireland) and Ulster Bank – had so far not followed the example of ACC by pursuing him in the courts, and he still had a good working relationship with them.
It's not a matter of digging up dirt any more than the Paul Kehoe stuff is digging up dirt - it's very relevant. A developer who isn't paying back millions in debts purporting to represent ordinary people who are in trouble because of developers not paying back millions in debts... (well, among other problems)
(3) thanks from:
07-05-2012, 13:49   #157
FRIENDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojomcdojo View Post
Citizenship is a license to ignore the fundamental problems facing the economy and to remain uninformed politically, while at the same time purporting to have better solutions for Ireland than the government that was mandated by the people of this country just over a year ago?

You're right, I suppose!
In your own words

"An awful lot of words used to say very little."

Is this how FG, LAB and FF tell the people to stay on our knees
07-05-2012, 23:52   #158
FRIENDO

Great meeting in Gorey tonight, organisers had to get extra seats. Thanks to all the People.
19-05-2012, 22:09   #159
Tzar Chasm

A great showing from wexford at the conference today I heard we made the news but i missed it.

We made a good representation for the county and had all but one of our motions passed on the day with one being referred to the steering comitte
Advertisement
25-05-2012, 10:38   #160
donalg1
Closed Account

Quote:

But hey its a lot easier to find sh1t than solutions
Doesnt matter who he owes the money to fact is he is giving people advice on what to do or not to do with their money and he is constantly banging on about the bank guarantee and bailouts all the while he owes banks whether Irish or not tens if not hundreds of millions. Wallace is the worlds greatest hypocrite at best.
25-05-2012, 18:38   #161
oldyouth
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalg1 View Post
Doesnt matter who he owes the money to fact is he is giving people advice on what to do or not to do with their money and he is constantly banging on about the bank guarantee and bailouts all the while he owes banks whether Irish or not tens if not hundreds of millions. Wallace is the worlds greatest hypocrite at best.
Nonsense. The man owes a shed load of money and has never shirked away from it. He is happy to declare where he made mistakes and is honouring his personal guarantees, even though it it is unlikely to cover the total. Mad as a bag of spanners but if more developers followed his lead, it would make the pain of the ordinary citizen a bit more palatable.
25-05-2012, 20:09   #162
donalg1
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyouth View Post
Quote:
Nonsense. The man owes a shed load of money and has never shirked away from it. He is happy to declare where he made mistakes and is honouring his personal guarantees, even though it it is unlikely to cover the total. Mad as a bag of spanners but if more developers followed his lead, it would make the pain of the ordinary citizen a bit more palatable.
Exactly unlikely to cover it. So by his example we should all borrow a tonne of money that we never have any hope of repaying then say well I made a mistake but I'll try to repay all the money although it's unlikely I'll be able to pay it in full.

In the meantime to cut costs I will avoid paying into the pension schemes of my employees sack a few people but retain my nice big BMW jeep cause god forbid I have to suffer from my mistakes
Thanks from:
25-05-2012, 20:39   #163
Monty Burnz
Closed Account

Quote:
Exactly unlikely to cover it. So by his example we should all borrow a tonne of money that we never have any hope of repaying then say well I made a mistake but I'll try to repay all the money although it's unlikely I'll be able to pay it in full.

In the meantime to cut costs I will avoid paying into the pension schemes of my employees sack a few people but retain my nice big BMW jeep cause god forbid I have to suffer from my mistakes
And earn a handy figure as a TD.
Thanks from:
16-06-2012, 12:04   #164
Tzar Chasm

Gathering at vinegar hill today, assemble 3pm
18-06-2012, 20:27   #165
zerks

Quote:
Gathering at vinegar hill today, assemble 3pm
How did this go after?

Now we have rumours of property taxes to be taken at source from PAYE workers while as usual the fat cats would be exempt.
Thread Closed