Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
03-03-2012, 10:20   #106
irishbucsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,979
Reds up by 12, two minutes to go, with three tries. Get a penalty in Force 22 and give it to Harris to kick.

Why on earth not try for the bonus point? Madness.
irishbucsfan is offline  
Advertisement
03-03-2012, 10:21   #107
irishbucsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 16,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by lologram View Post
Does the Force remind anyone else of Ireland? They commit silly numbers to the breakdown and kick away everything
Difference is they have a natural openside and nothing else, oposite of Ireland!
irishbucsfan is offline  
03-03-2012, 19:01   #108
fullstop
Registered User
 
fullstop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bed, mostly
Posts: 4,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winters View Post
Has anyone been to a Stormers game in Newlands?

Im planning to be down there on honeymoon for the Rebels game in July (Last game of the season). Never been to a Supa 15 game so nice timing eh?

Can anyone recommend where to sit or go before the game?

Cheers
Was at the Stormers v Hurricanes game last weekend. We went to Barrister's on Main Street (corner of Kildare Road) before the game. There's a few bars and cafes beside it. Watched the Ireland game in there and headed down to the match and then back up for a few drinks after, decent crowd around it.

Try to sit in the Grandstand if you can, if you're in the Railway Stand the sun will be in your eyes so it's pretty hot and hard to see.
fullstop is offline  
03-03-2012, 21:27   #109
phog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Limerick
Posts: 12,085
@ruckingoodstats tweeted
Quote:
Super15 refs are being measured on rucks. 70% have to be no more than 3 seconds, so refs are pen teams or say ball is out.
I've only seen a few minutes of Stormers game this evening and didn't really notice but I suppose it to keep ball in play for longer.

How does the ref say the ball is out when it's buried undar a pile of bodies, can the defending team reach in take the ball from the ruck?
phog is offline  
03-03-2012, 21:53   #110
Morf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Carlow
Posts: 3,392
Any locks (that Leinster might be in the market for) standing out so far?
Morf is offline  
Advertisement
03-03-2012, 22:08   #111
Big Nelly
Registered User
 
Big Nelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Da Jungle
Posts: 7,540
Send a message via MSN to Big Nelly Send a message via Yahoo to Big Nelly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morf View Post
Any locks (that Leinster might be in the market for) standing out so far?
Sykes looked good today
Big Nelly is offline  
04-03-2012, 10:11   #112
GerM
Closed Account
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,570
He's put in a couple of decent shifts. Carried solidly and offloaded along with bringing physicality just as he was supposed to with Leinster. I'd love to know the full story of his time in Dublin. Back home and straight into the Sharks side, starting both their games and playing well. There's a decent chance he'll get that Springboks cap yet.
GerM is offline  
04-03-2012, 10:34   #113
endabob1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullstop View Post
Was at the Stormers v Hurricanes game last weekend. We went to Barrister's on Main Street (corner of Kildare Road) before the game. There's a few bars and cafes beside it. Watched the Ireland game in there and headed down to the match and then back up for a few drinks after, decent crowd around it.

Try to sit in the Grandstand if you can, if you're in the Railway Stand the sun will be in your eyes so it's pretty hot and hard to see.
You in CT permanently or just on holidays?

I've been to a few Stormers games, yet to see them win though. Last game was against the reds last season, it was their first loss in Newlands in the round robin stage, in 09 I watched them lose to the blues & in 2010 to the Brumbies, I think I will be barred soon!! There's a few of going to the Bulls game, asuming they get the tickets sorted, so get your bets down now!!

+1 on the stands, unless you're high up in the Railway, under the roof effectively but then you lose out on the view.
I stood in the Dannie Craven end for the Lions v Emerging Boks game in 2009 and was surprised by how decent it was.
endabob1 is offline  
09-03-2012, 01:57   #114
Brian
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ert+ y76p;
Posts: 5,439
Round 2 tries via /r/rugbyunion

Brian is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-03-2012, 08:40   #115
Big Nelly
Registered User
 
Big Nelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Da Jungle
Posts: 7,540
Send a message via MSN to Big Nelly Send a message via Yahoo to Big Nelly
Been watching a lot of Super Rugby this year, first time to watch....

Always amazed when listening to RTE etc about how great the Super Rugby is and I thought it would be amazing. Some good stuff but to be honest I think Leinster play better rugby and also some of the French teams, nothing amazing and European teams in my opinion should not be afraid of these teams which should mean that Ireland should never be afraid to play NZ/SA/Australia

Something always sounds great when you can't watch it, but once you see it there is no magic mystery around the way they play. Full strength Leinster/Munster/Ulster team would have no problems in this league
Big Nelly is offline  
10-03-2012, 09:05   #116
danthefan
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by endabob1 View Post
You in CT permanently or just on holidays?

I've been to a few Stormers games, yet to see them win though. Last game was against the reds last season, it was their first loss in Newlands in the round robin stage, in 09 I watched them lose to the blues & in 2010 to the Brumbies, I think I will be barred soon!! There's a few of going to the Bulls game, asuming they get the tickets sorted, so get your bets down now!!

+1 on the stands, unless you're high up in the Railway, under the roof effectively but then you lose out on the view.
I stood in the Dannie Craven end for the Lions v Emerging Boks game in 2009 and was surprised by how decent it was.
I was at that game too, shame they lost.
danthefan is offline  
10-03-2012, 09:14   #117
Big Nelly
Registered User
 
Big Nelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Da Jungle
Posts: 7,540
Send a message via MSN to Big Nelly Send a message via Yahoo to Big Nelly
cipriani playing, good chance to see him, first kick charged down
Big Nelly is offline  
10-03-2012, 09:49   #118
danthefan
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 9,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nelly View Post
cipriani playing, good chance to see him, first kick charged down
Rebels have been really good so far. I'd imagine they'll run out of steam in the 2nd half.
danthefan is offline  
10-03-2012, 10:12   #119
Big Nelly
Registered User
 
Big Nelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Da Jungle
Posts: 7,540
Send a message via MSN to Big Nelly Send a message via Yahoo to Big Nelly
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthefan View Post
Rebels have been really good so far. I'd imagine they'll run out of steam in the 2nd half.
With O'Connor kicking like that I would expect so
Big Nelly is offline  
10-03-2012, 10:13   #120
Big Nelly
Registered User
 
Big Nelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Da Jungle
Posts: 7,540
Send a message via MSN to Big Nelly Send a message via Yahoo to Big Nelly
Just a quick note, all the slagging J Sexton got for missing one at France, watch that kick.........
Big Nelly is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet